VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
I hope GB Patch will make a Complete Edition with all DLC included, even the 18+ moment, and you could choose to play it or not at the start of your game, but so that it plays at the right time, and already includes your MC and Cove.

it's a nice idea, but they can't do that. :) at least not with the patreon moment added. As part of the agreement made with each of the voice actors in their contract they know that the moment exists, but that it's a separate build than the main game and not connected. They can't go back and change the deal they made with all of them now.

Some voice actors are not willing or can't have their voices in games that have adult content due to they types of voice acting they do. for example, say someone does kid voices all the time and now they are attached to a project that's rated 18+, which would happen if the patreon moment was added to any bundle. GBpatch wants the main game to always be rated pg.

oh, and from all I've seen on patreon about the second game. Tama is adorable. :) we just got to see the reveal of the first CG. she's so freaking cute. :)

Reactions: kcj300

LuminaJR

Aug 1, 2018
when is the second game coming i hope it comes soon
and i wonder if its gonna be the same Playable protagonist as the first game or is it gonna be a different playable protagonist

I.S.O.

Mar 24, 2019
when is the second game coming i hope it comes soon
and i wonder if its gonna be the same Playable protagonist as the first game or is it gonna be a different playable protagonist
The second game will probably take another year to be released, at least. It's also a new (still customizable) protagonist, with two different characters to build relationships with.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
They are just getting started with the art for the second game. it will quite a while before they really start working on it. the first game is still the main priority. it's a new team working on it, new art, new town, new LIs. the stuff can do for the first game right now is just art, UI stuff and music. the main writing and stuff like that will be done much later.

it's a small forested mountain town during the fall season. there will be two LIs. one female named Tamara and one genderfluid character named Qui/Autumn.

btw, for those that are not aware, Beginnings and Always with Cove and the new one Always and Forever with Tama and Qui were *both* planned from the original kickstarter.

the second game was first introduced as a stretch goal about turning the game into a series. and already mentioned having a female and nonbinary li as the focus since the first game was all about dudes.

a second stretch goal was added later to start A&F early before B&A was completed. so, what they are doing now with the art work and any work they may do up until Beginning and Always is completed is not only what was planned, it is also *funded* by Kickstarter backers. so yeah, not all the funding from the original Kickstarter is for the original game. some of it was for starting up Aways and Forever before the first game was finished. just like any other Kickstarter they can't just take that money and use it for something else.

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
Hey everyone, here's the Patreon Beta Build 0.92!

\^.^/

Windows/Linux:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Mac:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Android (.apk):
MEGA | | GDRIVE

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for sharing, I began to play it.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
it's a small forested mountain town during the fall season. there will be two LIs. one female named Tamara and one genderfluid character named Qui/Autumn.
One female named Tamarack and one genderfluid named Qiu/"Autumn". (Though from what I've seen on the patreon Qiu is both male and genderfluid. But that might change by the time of the game.)

portiamento

Jan 5, 2021
download is the game, patreon bonus +18 is a separated game that was reserved for patreon for reaching a gb patch goal, is a "moment" that takes place after the end of step 3 under the assumption that cove and Mc are dating.
If you downloaded it don't put in the same place to make easier to diferenciate
can I just download the +18 as I already have the game and all DLC from steam?

portiamento

Jan 5, 2021
One female named Tamarack and one genderfluid named Qiu/"Autumn". (Though from what I've seen on the patreon Qiu is both male and genderfluid. But that might change by the time of the game.)
I'm so disappointed. I wish it's just male, a handsome male love interest.

Reactions: Parratjie

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
they already have a game with a male love Interest. (and two dlc coming to romance two others within the game itself)

gbpatch has a few games before with male love interests already. They thought it was time for other people to have the same amount of quality time with love interests that were specifically designed for them for a change not that anyone still can't romance them, but why does a love interest in a game always have to be so boring.

Jul 17, 2020
wasn't Terry a girl in steps 1-3, did she transition in between step 3 and 4?

or am i mistaken and the portraits for him in steps 1-3 just really effeminate

FugginDamaged

May 20, 2020
wasn't Terry a girl in steps 1-3, did she transition in between step 3 and 4?

or am i mistaken and the portraits for him in steps 1-3 just really effeminate
yes terry is trans ftm :giggle:, and is mentioned more if you make your mc transition pronouns otherwise it will be explained on the in-between that is not ready at the moment.

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
GB Patch said:
AUG 31, 2021 AT 12:01 PM
Month End Post: August 2021

Hi everybody!
August was focused on getting Step 4 finished and we almost made it. Making sure it's fully tested and having a few more assets are really the only things holding it up at this point. But we got a ton done and this means it'll be next month that the epilogue will launch! There's no set day yet; we'll let you know as soon as there is. But, we'll talk more about that in tomorrow's post. For now, let's get into this month's progress.
Monthly Content Summary:
There were over 20 posts in August and much of those were previews for Our Life: Beginnings & Always Step 4 and the Wedding DLC. Tens of thousands of words were written, programmed, and tested and hundreds of new art layers/voiced lines were created, formatted, and implemented.
But Our Life: Now & Forever had work done as well. We've shifted gears from generally having assets made to start the project to specifically getting pieces done to use in a demo. We also opened and closed applications for a composer to join the team. We should be able to announce who it is soon!
Important Links:
Viewable at tier 3 or higher
Viewable at any tier
Viewable at any tier
▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾▴ ▾ ▴ ▾ ▴ ▾
And that's all for the wrap-up. I'm really looking forward to September and the day when the final Step of Our Life: Beginnings & Always will be available for everyone

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: superdadidou
Jul 17, 2020
yes terry is trans ftm :giggle:, and is mentioned more if you make your mc transition pronouns otherwise it will be explained on the in-between that is not ready at the moment.
neato, i though i was just not paying attention so i got a bit of a head-scratcher moment there lol. my first playthrough i went with cisgender fem mc full romance with cove so i missed out on that explanation

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes