VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
Sorry at bother, but can someone explain to me the difference between "relaxed" and "direct" when choosing the comfort level for our character, please?
I have noticed they reflect more how the way MC replies to Cove after you make a choice and her inner though on a situation. When you choose either of those 2, Cove will have a warm personality, which will lead him to be more relaxed with MC and dare sometimes to more physically friendly.

They're 2 moments that pop up in my mind as example:
1) When they're kids after Cove will speak with you and Shiloh how his father met MC mothers, when you reply the first answer "...okay" Mc during that dialog will tell Cove he is crazy if you picked a blunt personality, lol. It shocked me so much that I changed to relaxed where her reply was milder :ROFLMAO: Same with a nervous MC.

2) When they're teenager (I think when they're 13?) there is a scene when they're on the poppy hill (at the beginning of Step 2?) and toward the end of the scene, the story will narrate on how both Cove and MC are staring at the scenery together. Depending on your personality and that you didn't choose indifferent as level of affection, Cove will do the following (it's narrated):
- hold MC hand or
- put his arm on MC shoulder or
- do nothing (cold cove for you lol)

These subtle details will happen less during Step 3, unfortunately... making Cove different personalities less relevant, imo. But, I've noticed when picking different kind of answer, the author did make some Cove personalities shine in them while other time they're no difference. Cold or candid cove with a blunt MC that always tease him is spicy lmao, he doesn't let his self being walk over sometimes, but it is still rare.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bless that artist, please go like her work on if you can/dare :devilish:

Last edited:

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
I have noticed they reflect more how the way MC replies to Cove after you make a choice and her inner though on a situation. When you choose either of those 2, Cove will have a warm personality, which will lead him to be more relaxed with MC and dare sometimes to more physically friendly.

They're 2 moments that pop up in my mind as example:
1) When they're kids after Cove will speak with you and Shiloh how his father met MC mothers, when you reply the first answer "...okay" Mc during that dialog will tell Cove he is crazy if you picked a blunt personality, lol. It shocked me so much that I changed to relaxed where her reply was milder :ROFLMAO: Same with a nervous MC.

2) When they're teenager (I think when they're 13?) there is a scene when they're on the poppy hill (at the beginning of Step 2?) and toward the end of the scene, the story will narrate on how both Cove and MC are staring at the scenery together. Depending on your personality and that you didn't choose indifferent as level of affection, Cove will do the following (it's narrated):
- hold MC hand or
- put his arm on MC shoulder or
- do nothing (cold cove for you lol)

These subtle details will happen less during Step 3, unfortunately... making Cove different personalities less relevant, imo. But, I've noticed when picking different kind of answer, the author did make some Cove personalities shine in them while other time they're no difference. Cold or candid cove with a blunt MC that always tease him is spicy lmao, he doesn't let his self being walk over sometimes, but it is still rare.

Bless that artist, please go like her work on if you can/dare :devilish:
Thank you so much for the explanations! <3

My MC doesn't really have a bold personality so I was afraid that if I chose "Direct" it would be too bold, and if I understand correctly I was right... ^^"

I would like my MC and Cove to have a very comfortable relationship, where Cove and MC sometimes show their affection physically, but without MC being too forceful. I am still in Step 1 where I have chosen "Relaxed" and "Fond" but I intend to choose "Cruch" for Step 2. I guess what would suit me best is "Relaxed"?

PS: I know in the tutorial they say there is no order to the events but I would like to know the order that makes the most sense to you, dlc events included, please? I go from left to right, but I wonder if "up down up down" is the best?

Last edited:

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
I would like my MC and Cove to have a very comfortable relationship, where Cove and MC sometimes show their affection physically, but without MC being too forceful. I am still in Step 1 where I have chosen "Relaxed" and "Fond" but I intend to choose "Cruch" for Step 2. I guess what would suit me best is "Relaxed"?
Yeah, relaxed has a mild personality, neither too bold nor shy when talking to Cove. Candid Cove is similar, a mix of warm and cold, but I was never able to trigger that personality in him without editing directly his character.

PS: I know in the tutorial they say there is no order to the events but I would like to know the order that makes the most sense to you, dlc events included, please? I go from left to right, but I wonder if "up down up down" is the best?
My little guide on Step 1 events order narrative wise (that's only my opinion)
Beware contains some little spoiler to let me explain why I put in the order of my preference.

Last edited:

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
Yeah, relaxed has a mild personality, neither too bold nor shy when talking to Cove. Candid Cove is similar, a mix of warm and cold, but I was never able to trigger that personality in him without editing directly his character.

My little guide on Step 1 events order narrative wise (that's only my opinion)
Beware contains some little spoiler to let me explain why I put in the order of my preference.

Wow, thank you so much for all the details, it's really very useful! :D

I took a previous save just after finishing Shopping and continued playing while waiting for your reply, and so far from what I've done I haven't missed anything. And if I continue where I left off following the rest of your order I won't miss anything either, so I'm relieved! XD

If you don't mind and if you have time, can you do the same for Step 2 and Step 3, please?

Edit: For Run away, reading your spoiler made me want to see what choice I had (the "you don't want him to leave you" sounds really cute!) by just being "Fond"; and I either "I don't want you to go" after crying or either "you're my friend and I like you. Don't you care about me, too?" after saying he was selfish. It's not as cute as the crush route, but it's a start! XD And I did Runaway just before Fireflies so maybe if I had done it last I could have had other choices?

Last edited:
Reactions: CookyDough

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Hey everyone, here's the Patreon Beta Build 0.93-0.94!

\^.^/

Windows/Linux:
| |

Mac:
| |

Android (.apk):
| |

GB Patch said:
1630999460737.png

SEP 6, 2021 AT 2:40 PM
Our Life: Beta Build 0.93-0.94 (Full Step 4! PC, Mac, & Android) UPDATED!

STEP 4 IS HERE !!
We've finally got the first full beta build of Step 4. It's not 100% perfect, but it is pretty close to release-ready. It was a long wait to get here and I really appreciate all the patience.
Errors reported from the 0.93 build have been fixed. You can download the 0.94 version from the links below now!
Save files from the end of Step 3 will work with Step 4, but save files from the end of the prior Step 4 beta won't work. In order to play the beta without errors you'll need to go through Step 4 from its very beginning. Starting part way through will mean the new content doesn't work right.

Thank you for playing! We did our best to make it just as lovely as everyone hoped it would be
(And also, as a small bit of useful info, Cove can propose if certain requirements are met and there's 3 and half different premises the scene can take based on what held value throughout your playthrough, if you wanna try that out)

Kimo

Jun 4, 2017

\^.^/

Windows/Linux:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Mac:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Android (.apk):
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Thank you very much, good person! ^w^

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019

\^.^/

Windows/Linux:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Mac:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Android (.apk):
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Thank you so much! :D I have a little question: Is there more choice in Step 4 for the MC's hair than in the rest of the game (Step 1, 2 and 3), please?

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021

\^.^/

Windows/Linux:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Mac:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Android (.apk):
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Thank you very much!
Here I come new play through :ROFLMAO:

If you don't mind and if you have time, can you do the same for Step 2 and Step 3, please?
Sure, just give me sometimes! ;)
I need to replay them to be sure of my memories, lol

Edit: For Run away, reading your spoiler made me want to see what choice I had (the "you don't want him to leave you" sounds really cute!) by just being "Fond"; and I either "I don't want you to go" after crying or either "you're my friend and I like you. Don't you care about me, too?" after saying he was selfish. It's not as cute as the crush route, but it's a start! XD And I did Runaway just before Fireflies so maybe if I had done it last I could have had other choices?
I only do "Run away" as last event, so I can't tell if other events impact here :unsure:
Also, I only choose to go through the whole trip only at crush level because it made more sense for me (while fond will search for Cove after letting him leave and indifferent would tell her parents about Cove). Furthermore, I will try to grab a screen of that moment, so I can double-check if my memory was wrong or not, lol

Last edited:

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
Sure, just give me sometimes! ;)
I need to replay them to be sure of my memories, lol
Thank you so much! I'll be waiting impatiently then! ;)

And while I'm thinking about it, is Cove's personality between candid and between-candid-and-affable so different dans Step 2? :unsure:

sp_Ace

Dec 13, 2020

\^.^/

Windows/Linux:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Mac:
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Android (.apk):
MEGA | | GDRIVE

Thank you as always!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shilou

FugginDamaged

May 20, 2020
I only do "Run away" as last event, so I can't tell if other events impact here :unsure:
Also, I only choose to go through the whole trip only at crush level because it made more sense for me (while fond will search for Cove after letting him leave and indifferent would tell her parents about Cove). Furthermore, I will try to grab a screen of that moment, so I can double-check if my memory was wrong or not, lol
I tend to do runway first/ up until 3rd event because cove still wants to leave and hasn't found a reason to stay, he is mentioned later on two or three event (about how mature you were about the situation or about how you gave them the scare of a lifetime)

Reactions: CookyDough

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
Finished playing the new version of the Epilogue

I tend to do runway first/ up until 3rd event because cove still wants to leave and hasn't found a reason to stay, he is mentioned later on two or three event (about how mature you were about the situation or about how you gave them the scare of a lifetime)
Nice to know! I will definitely try it my next play through :D
And while I'm thinking about it, is Cove's personality between candid and between-candid-and-affable so different dans Step 2?
I might be wrong, but I didn't see any difference, but I rarely choose that option.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
I'm still confused on what you expected from going from just friends to Cove seeing you're mc as someone he has feelings for. He's just figured out he loves you. and I've seen that lovely scene too because you get it when your in a committed relationship. I didn't realize that was *the* confession for the friend to lover route but it makes since to me. it's only a two day trip, that's not really much time for him for his emotions to completely adapt to where it would be if you had 15 years of crush level development. it's still way to fresh. this *is* Cove.

I know you're expecting something grand, but that beach scene before it would have never crossed *his* mind that it was anything other than him swimming and having fun. and I mean that, because it doesn't change regardless of the relationship level. if you *do* comment on his body he gets embarrassed. yes, the big buff dude in his underwear.

if you want a really good confession...try playing a game with someone that is already in love and wants to get married. if you don't love that one. I really don't know what you're looking for. lol I cried, so dang hard. a small snippit "you pick me and I pick you" sniff.

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes