VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

laundrylad

Sep 12, 2020
I enjoyed this game far more than I had expected. It is very well-made. I wish I had more disposable income to support it officially. I only have two nit-picks to bring up:

1) MC's feelings towards Cove not fluctuating throughout the summer.

I started off the game as indifferent towards Cove and kinda expected the two to bond over time but even after several friendly moments they still treated each other as strangers which was odd to me. I would've liked it more if they could warm up to each other a little half-way or something. The opposite problem occurred in part three: The two were constantly acting lovey dovey towards another yet they couldn't become more than friends because of what I had picked at the beginning. Oops.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to folks who aren't just here for smut. Just don't make the same mistake I did lol.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
screenshot0017.png
Our Life: Beta Build 0.95
We're putting out one more beta build before the full release and here it is! This version has errors fixed from the prior build, the final CG, and some other small additions. There's still a few little things we're working on, but this version should be practically release-quality. I hope you'll enjoy!

(Also, Cove really does look like a guy who'd be named "Cove" in that screenshot, haha. Lovely ocean man.)

Save files from the end of Step 3 will work with Step 4, but save files from the end of the prior Step 4 beta won't work. In order to play the beta without errors you'll need to go through Step 4 from its very beginning. Starting part way through will mean the new content doesn't work right.

New Content:
  • After the credit sequence in Step 3 the whole of Step 4 epilogue happens. You can also skip directly to Step 4 by starting a new file
  • Cove's intro CG was added
  • Some small script tweaks/additions were made
  • Errors were fixed from reports on the past beta

What's Missing:
  • The final 'thank you for playing' image hasn't been added yet
  • There's still some extra polishing needed
  • Thank you for all of the feedback so far! I'm glad to see people have been enjoying the Step overall.
Download:
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -
Android: - - -

Have Fun! ♡

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
View attachment 1404955
Our Life: Beta Build 0.95

Download:

Win/Linux: Mega - - -
Mac: Mega - - -
Android: Mega - - -

Have Fun! ♡
Thank you for sharing, and I really wish they would keep the main artist (in the screenshot above) for all CG but he/she had to work on weeding DLC before Step 4 is finished :( I am whining a little because the CG at the end of Step 4 isn't the same quality, so clearly a second artist like for the cut ins.

I enjoyed this game far more than I had expected. It is very well-made. I wish I had more disposable income to support it officially. I only have two nit-picks to bring up:
Yeah, the relationship system isn't dynamic, and it seems it will be the same in the future second game too because the dev asked for the third game what kind of game members wished him to do and one of the option was having a dynamic relationship system, but the game will only last 1 year.

There is a game series who has a dynamic relationship system, but you will need to play on an emulator, it's called: Tokimeki girls side where you can spend whole 3 years in high school with your LI of your choice. There is no smut in them, but you've mini-games where you touch the guy and you can see his cute reactions from skin ship lol (totally optional) If it's what interest you should then start directly with Tokimeki girls side 3. You can even have a love triangle in it with impact (I never did it, tho).

Edit
Found this little gem during Step 3 when Cove has been MC boyfriend since middle school

Last edited:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
So barring a bit of polishing and big fixes, is this game now complete content-wise? I've been dying to play it since the end of the last step, but didn't want to be cut off partway waiting for the last bit of content.
EDIT: and my question also includes all the 18+ content - is that complete too?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
So barring a bit of polishing and big fixes, is this game now complete content-wise? I've been dying to play it since the end of the last step, but didn't want to be cut off partway waiting for the last bit of content.
EDIT: and my question also includes all the 18+ content - is that complete too?
Nope there is still the Derek romance, Baxter romance and the wedding dlc to be completed.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Do they have a release date for Our Life 2 and will it be the full game at once?
I think OL2 will have beta releases for patrons and will eventually have a full release on itch.io and steam, I'm fairly sure the dev team said that but can't remember where *shrug*

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

NathanMagic

Feb 27, 2018

1) MC's feelings towards Cove not fluctuating throughout the summer.

I started off the game as indifferent towards Cove and kinda expected the two to bond over time but even after several friendly moments they still treated each other as strangers which was odd to me. I would've liked it more if they could warm up to each other a little half-way or something. The opposite problem occurred in part three: The two were constantly acting lovey dovey towards another yet they couldn't become more than friends because of what I had picked at the beginning. Oops.

Overall I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to folks who aren't just here for smut. Just don't make the same mistake I did lol.
They'll probably address the derek and baxter situation in their respective dlcs, but base game wise it is.. weird. The format has always kinda been off for me. Personally not gonna play step 4 until both of their dlcs have been released since I really only like cove as a friend.

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

alexiscamming

Aug 24, 2018
I just downloaded the main game but when I installed the DLCs I can't open up the game. Says that it got an error

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I just downloaded the main game but when I installed the DLCs I can't open up the game. Says that it got an error
You do not need to install the dlc with the base game version which is available for download in the OP it already includes the dlc. Just extract and run the main game that you downloaded.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
1) We have a Step 4 release date: September 18th!!!

2) We are supposed to hopefully get a demo of OL2 this year. Early next year maybe. They have two separate teams working of the games so the DLCs have no affect on the second game. They want to have it out before fall ends (at least for the US fall time frame so before December) as they have always wanted it released when 'the season is right'. OL2 is fall based and thus fall release. But they will get it out when it is ready.

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
1) We have a Step 4 release date: September 18th!!!

2) We are supposed to hopefully get a demo of OL2 this year. Early next year maybe. They have two separate teams working of the games so the DLCs have no affect on the second game. They want to have it out before fall ends (at least for the US fall time frame so before December) as they have always wanted it released when 'the season is right'. OL2 is fall based and thus fall release. But they will get it out when it is ready.
september 18th as in tomorrow or september 18th 2022? :unsure:

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I believe one of the main mistakes of these romance stories is that either the author doesn't have the freedom to make a real romance where there is such a thing as kissing,
The main 'issue' here is Steam, the voice actors, and parts of the game itself. Remember the game starts when Cove and MC are 8 YEARS OLD. There are voice actors who often act as children's voices plus Steam's filters. They can't be attached to a game that is rated 18+. It would ruin their careers and would never work with Steam.

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes