VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

NathanMagic

Feb 27, 2018
Does the game ever react to the choices you pick for looks (dollstuff)? I know that when I picked scars the only thing that happend was one sentence like "And my scares seem to stay" between step 1 and 2.
Anything else?
Scars are referenced again in step 3 reflections if you have them, very minor reference

Reactions: Ramen-

NathanMagic

Feb 27, 2018
I'm curious do you guys play as yourself when you play the game or do you kind of make a character with a certain personality type to play through the game.
I think the first time I played I was the former but it's kinda fun playing a different personality type and seeing the changes, the game actually has a lot of changes depending on how you answer certain things. Especially noteable in step 3

Miukinnie02

Jul 26, 2021
I'm curious do you guys play as yourself when you play the game or do you kind of make a character with a certain personality type to play through the game.
I think the first time I played I was the former but it's kinda fun playing a different personality type and seeing the changes, the game actually has a lot of changes depending on how you answer certain things. Especially noteable in step 3
I played with my OCs cause I have issues with self-awareness. Still got hit with feels.

Reactions: superdadidou

undead_sun

Jan 24, 2021
lmao what. in the description its literally labled a "near-fully customizable story"
You can customize things without asking me about every little thing, when half of the time they don't even influence anything. And at that point it becomes a chore to keep the personality I am roleplaying consistent.

Aug 29, 2017
You can customize things without asking me about every little thing, when half of the time they don't even influence anything. And at that point it becomes a chore to keep the personality I am roleplaying consistent.
The point of roleplaying is literally keep a personality that may not be yours, so is kinda of pointless to say that for sake of roleplaying getting a lineal choice would be better. This isn't "pretend you're the MC, click to fuck all the characters" or basic GTA roleplay shit where nobody knows to do a character.

You could be a stupid kid that always makes jokes, but maybe in your teenages you'll became emo to end being a serious adult.
It's a game where you can be a brat, but also get to pick WHEN and WHERE to be a brat, be a tease or whatever, which is nice for some moments.

I get sometimes choices can be a bother, but its still better than a lineal story with no choice at all. If the story gives you more chance to perfection how much you want to be romantic, shy, brat or tease in any circumstance it's for the best. Sure, the story itself doesn't change too much for you stop being so much of something, but as I stated before in other post; sometimes the game requires a little bit of imagination by the player side.

To end the post I'll say something about the game. (SPOILERS ahead!)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NathanMagic

Feb 27, 2018
I played with my OCs cause I have issues with self-awareness. Still got hit with feels.
I agree, I liked playing an OC much more. I also got a lot of different paths when I add certain niches to my personality such as being afraid of the ocean and being slightly aggressive.
Or physical traits such as being extremely tall or having scars

Reactions: superdadidou

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
Derek is medium height as an adult. he says it himself that Gorge is taller than him and that Nico probably will be too.

Thomas1999

May 12, 2020

Our Life: Derek Beta Build 0.7 - Full DLC (PC, Mac, & Android)!

That Derek, he's always two steps ahead, haha. And this is it, the last Derek beta build! Some of the BGs need to be updated and not everyone has their voice acting added in Step 4, but that's it in terms of its beta-ness. It's got his whole DLC from start to end. Woo
You'll have to start a brand new file for Derek's beta content to unlock, but there is an option at the beginning to skip right to Step 2.

Important Notes:
  • In order to get Derek's Step 4 content you have to play all his Step 2 Moments and keep in touch with him during Step 3
  • You can access Derek's Step 2 Moments by clicking the yellow button on the Cove Step 2 Moment screen. That'll switch it over to the Derek Moments
New Content:
  • 40,250 words worth of new scenes
  • The whole Derek DLC is included!
  • More voice acting lines were added throughout Step 4
  • New art assets were implemented
Well, we finally, finally made it. Derek got his story and I really hope you'll enjoy it. I think he's a pretty cool guy

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
Our Life: Beginnings And Always Derek 0.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Am I the only one who finds the two looking-at-the-viewer smiles in the preview images terrifyingly Joker-like?

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes