VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes
Aug 29, 2017
I have a PC and the DLC step 3 link on here is only for mac. I thought it would run fine, and it did mostly, but when I got to the "boating" dlc in step 3 an unexpected error occurred. The error specifically occurs at the scene where your character is playing a drawing guessing game. The notes for the exception show that there seems to be an incomplete data line (line 108 in script callback to be precise) that was probably not bracketed correctly. Any ideas on what I should do? I know my installation is all good and that I have all the necessary components because the rest of the game runs well.
If you download the Our Life: Derek version you should get all three steps DLC working. If you are not interested in Derek, or his moments at all, you can just skip them, you're not forced to do them in any way.

Our Life v1.5.1 is one of the standalone versions of the game, which doesn't have any of the DLC, not even the free one; doesn't have any step dlc, and doesn't have anything about the wedding

Our Life v1.0 is a backers-only(patreon) version of the game that has the three Step DLC + first version of Cove's wedding which is only a intro.

18+ Patreon Bonus is a backers-only(patreon) moment which is kinda of a sex scene with Cove. NOT THE WHOLE GAME, ONLY A MOMENT +18.

Our Life: Derek is the latest backers-only(patreon) version of the game that includes the three steps DLC for Cove, the whole Cove's wedding, and new moments for Derek's romantic Route (which you can do even if you want Derek as a friend too) which have step 2 moments and step 4 moments.
The version of this is 0.5D because of Derek's DLC, still has everything in it.

So for new people wanting to try Our Life, you should go for Our Life: Derek which is the latest version, full dlcs + wedding + a bit of Derek DLC, you have everything in your hand. You don't need to marry Cove, you don't need to do Derek's moment if you want only Cove, and so on.

The only DLC that is not included is the Voiced Names DLC, which they have a list of names for you to pick, and time to time you will hear that name.
IT IS NOT A FULL VOICED VN. You can only hear some phrases and/or your name if you picked it from the list.

Last edited:

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
The only DLC that is not included is the Voiced Names DLC, which they have a list of names for you to pick, and time to time you will hear that name.
IT IS NOT A FULL VOICED VN. You can only hear some phrases and/or your name if you picked it from the list.
Small addendum to this. You can hear all the voiced lines besides the voiced names in any version of the game. And only Cove has voiced names lines.

Reactions: schrodingerkira

Thomas1999

May 12, 2020

Our Life: Derek Beta Build 0.6 ⛱ (PC, Mac, & Android)!

Summer is rapidly coming to an end. That's a little sad for the world of Our Life: Beginnings & Always, but it does mean Derek's DLC is nearly finished! This beta doesn't go all the way to the end of the story, however it adds quite a lot more.
You'll have to start a brand new file for Derek's beta content to unlock, but there is an option at the beginning to skip right to Step 2.

Important Notes:
  • In order to get Derek's Step 4 content you have to play all his Step 2 Moments and keep in touch with him during Step 3
  • Some backgrounds in Step 4 are reused from Step 2 because their Step 4 version isn't completed yet and one BG is only a sketch
  • Not all the new characters have voice acting currently, though some do
New Content:
  • 35,280 words worth of new scenes
  • Mrs. Suarez now has voiced lines added throughout her scenes
  • A new screen that explains how the Step 4 epilogues works
  • New sprites and backgrounds were implemented
Honestly, I think there's some good stuff in this update. We've spent a lot of time with Derek by this point and I'm personally happy with what he's got to offer. I really hope you all have a good time with it too

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
OurLifeBeginningsAndAlways-0.6DBeta
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
Can a native speaker explain to me what "chaffed" means in this context?

All translations I found seem to indicate it's lighthearted aka. to tease someone or to rile someone up.

Clenching your teeth doesn't seem to align with those translations.

FightingGold452

May 18, 2021
Does this mean the Derek DLC might be completed by the end of September?? (fingers crossed)
"

It's still Derek time. It will continue to be Derek time until that DLC is complete. I am gonna complete that overall draft for sure this month, I'll finish or almost finish the script, and most of it will be programmed and released to testers. But I'm not really picturing the DLC launching publicly in August. I don't think that'll leave enough time to properly test and polish it all, so I won't be upset if there's still work to do in early September. However, unless something terrible happens, the DLC is gonna release before summer is technically over (the last day is September 21st in the northern hemisphere).

"
Direct quote from devs over at patreon

• Love
Reactions: laserjet28

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Can a native speaker explain to me what "chaffed" means in this context?

All translations I found seem to indicate it's lighthearted aka. to tease someone or to rile someone up.

Clenching your teeth doesn't seem to align with those translations.
Not a native speaker, but pretty sure the writer dun goofed and it's supposed to be instead. lol typis

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes