VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.80 star(s) 24 Votes

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
Hello. Can anyone advise me about events order (narrative wise) for Step 2 and Step 3, please?

Edit: And too if other haircuts for the MC are unlocked as the Steps progress?

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
There isn't an order. But some Moments do affect others. Say in Step 2, if you do Escapade and get a shirt from Cove, you can take it with you in Road Trip. But not all of them do this, just a select few.
That's what I wanted to know, if there are Moments that affect others Moments. :)

Sorry to everyone who answered me, I was not expressing myself well! orz

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

2B9SA2

Oct 27, 2019
the post in twitter for step 4 of Derek's DLC. I love some acknowledgment to the past always.

Cappucinn0

Oct 8, 2019
soo the 18+ patreon scene is just having blowjob each other without any scene of it (just text and cove naked) ? or i miss something?

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
Has anyone had any problems in step 2 if Cove is wearing glasses?

- In Roadtrip if MC says they likes people who wear glasses Cove doesn't react, and the next choice MC can tell Cove that glasses would look good on him; which makes no sense if Cove is already wearing glasses.

- In Soiree on the beach after MC asks Cove to come to the party with them, the text says that Cove takes his stuff and puts on a shirt. No mention of the glasses is made but magically the portrait of Cove has glasses again.

- In Wave after MC agrees to come to the beach, the text says that MC sees a towel, sunscreen and a bottle of water. But again no mention of glasses even though Cove took them off to surf.

I have the latest version of the game and DLCs (purchased from itch.io) and started a new game.
I took a save in Step 1 and chose to go to Step 2 without customised Cove.
I tried several things but the problem that the game doesn't take into account that Cove has glasses is still there...

Aug 29, 2017
With 1.5.1 of Our Life do I even need to install the Step 1/2/3 DLCs or not?
You need to install them, yeah. If you open the game you'll see a box named "DLC INFO" to check if its installed or not.

Has anyone had any problems in step 2 if Cove is wearing glasses?

- In Roadtrip if MC says they likes people who wear glasses Cove doesn't react, and the next choice MC can tell Cove that glasses would look good on him; which makes no sense if Cove is already wearing glasses.

- In Soiree on the beach after MC asks Cove to come to the party with them, the text says that Cove takes his stuff and puts on a shirt. No mention of the glasses is made but magically the portrait of Cove has glasses again.

- In Wave after MC agrees to come to the beach, the text says that MC sees a towel, sunscreen and a bottle of water. But again no mention of glasses even though Cove took them off to surf.

I have the latest version of the game and DLCs (purchased from itch.io) and started a new game.
I took a save in Step 1 and chose to go to Step 2 without customised Cove.
I tried several things but the problem that the game doesn't take into account that Cove has glasses is still there...
In Wave must be probably that they forgot to mention it, and the others practically the same.
Cove not wearing glasses may be the canon option and they didn't check the other possibilities or they didn't remember to make other texts for when the player decides for glasses...

Maybe if you reach GB Patch on twitter or itch.io they'll fix it?

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

sir1998

Aug 11, 2020

Our Life: Derek Beta Build 0.5 (PC, Mac, & Android)!

Hey, everyone! It's finally time for the beta update. The gang's all here and they're all grown up, well mostly grown up, haha. Derek's Step 2 scenes were added last time, so this version has that still and now includes part of the Step 4 story. It's not all of Step 4, but it is a very large chunk of it.
You'll have to start a brand new file for Derek's beta content to unlock, but there is an option at the beginning to skip right to Step 2.

Important Notes:
  • In order to get Derek's Step 4 content you have to play all his Step 2 Moments and keep in touch with him during Step 3
  • Some backgrounds in Step 4 are reused from Step 2 because their Step 4 version isn't completed yet
  • Not all the new characters have voice acting currently, though some do
New Content:
  • A large portion of Derek Step 4 content
  • 54,450 words worth of new scenes
  • Two additional CGs
  • Mr. Suarez and Jorge (Step 2) now have voiced lines added throughout their scenes
  • A new screen to let you choose which version of Step 4 to play, the original or Derek's version
  • New sprites and backgrounds were implemented
The monthly beta build updates usually range from 15k-20k words added, so this 54k one is absolutely massive. I really wanted to make sure players could get into the Step 4 time period rather than it being a sneak peek. I hope you all enjoy seeing the Suarez family grow up

4.80 star(s) 24 Votes