VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.80 star(s) 24 Votes

kiciyo

Oct 13, 2021
Back for advice again :geek:
Finally playing Step 4 after putting off saying goodbye to Cove and company for as long as I could-just to confirm the wedding occurs after the regular Step 4, right? And you do have to say you’re engaged at that point, right?

Want to make sure I’m playing the intended end last if that makes sense. As always I appreciate anyone’s time/help in advance
View attachment 1869473
Yes my friend. You need to be engaged with Cove and end step 4. But I'm not 100% certain about engaged, maybe game will ask you after step 4 if you wanna play it and then you are engaged by default? In beta build in the beginning, you can always go directly to step 4 and check.

ggezwux

Jul 30, 2021
Back for advice again :geek:
Finally playing Step 4 after putting off saying goodbye to Cove and company for as long as I could-just to confirm the wedding occurs after the regular Step 4, right? And you do have to say you’re engaged at that point, right?

Want to make sure I’m playing the intended end last if that makes sense. As always I appreciate anyone’s time/help in advance
View attachment 1869473
you can also just be married but haven't had the wedding ceremony yet!

Jul 30, 2018
So we'll always end up marrying him, even though we show no interest in dating him?
No you have to be engaged to Cove to marry him the Wedding DLC is specifically apart of Cove's epilogue and unique entirely to him and will only ever activate if you willingly enter a relationship with him and have plans for marriage both Derek and Baxter will have their own version of Step 4 that will deal with your relationship with them but the Wedding DLC and specifically planning a Wedding will only ever be for Cove.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I'm surprised to see this game appear on GOG (and the base game is FREE!).
Does that mean it's a finished game now? Or how far till it's finished?

2B9SA2

Oct 27, 2019
I'm surprised to see this game appear on GOG (and the base game is FREE!).
Does that mean it's a finished game now? Or how far till it's finished?
the Cove storyline is finished for sure but rn on this one, OL1, They are focusing on the DLC for 2 characters.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
the Cove storyline is finished for sure but rn on this one, OL1, They are focusing on the DLC for 2 characters.
You mean the "main game" is finished, and they plan to continue to add contents as DLCs?

A bit confused cuz most dating sims will juggle between different routes, one route finished rly doesn't mean the game is completed that to move onto "DLC" phase.

Wasn't the base game always for free?
Is it? Hvn't been followin' this one, then what are people sharing here? Early Access?
Or they are actually making money by selling DLCs?

Jul 30, 2018
You mean the "main game" is finished, and they plan to continue to add contents as DLCs?

A bit confused cuz most dating sims will juggle between different routes, one route finished rly doesn't mean the game is completed that to move onto "DLC" phase.

Is it? Hvn't been followin' this one, then what are people sharing here? Early Access?
Or they are actually making money by selling DLCs?
They make money through DLCs, Patreon and Kickstarter the base game is always free so the 4 main steps are all playable and as for the dating sim aspect its definitely not a proper one since a major part of the story is a singular character named Cove that you define your relationship with whether romantic or platonic its basically all up to you, Derek and Baxter are basically entirely side options that you can date(When the DLCs Release) if you like them enough but they aren't the focus.

Reactions: nackedsnake

sir1998

Aug 11, 2020

Our Life: Derek Beta Build 0.4 (PC, Mac, & Android)!

Step 2 of Derek's DLC is done and we've got a a beta with the whole thing! Of course, there's still all of Step 4 but it's great to have an entire section of his story ready to go.
You'll have to start a brand new file for Derek's beta content to unlock, but there is an option at the beginning to skip right to Step 2.

New Content:
  • The Derek Moments "Lemonade" and "Boardwalk"
  • New alterations for Derek scene at the end of Step 2, for the original Step 2 Moments, and in Step 3 that reference the events of Derek's DLC
  • Over 38,000 words added
  • There's now a proper Relationship selection screen for your connection with Derek. It happens at the start of Step 2 after the Cove one
  • The Moment Selection Screen includes Derek's Moments now, you can change the page to switch from Cove's Moments to Derek's
We did our best with the 13-year-old section of Derek's DLC. Hopefully it's been worth the long wait, haha. Thank you to everyone who gives it a try!

NaniMaster242

Jun 8, 2020

Our Life: Derek Beta Build 0.4 (PC, Mac, & Android)!

Step 2 of Derek's DLC is done and we've got a a beta with the whole thing! Of course, there's still all of Step 4 but it's great to have an entire section of his story ready to go.
You'll have to start a brand new file for Derek's beta content to unlock, but there is an option at the beginning to skip right to Step 2.
Windows/Linux Download Link
Mac Download Link
Android Download Link
New Content:
  • The Derek Moments "Lemonade" and "Boardwalk"
  • New alterations for Derek scene at the end of Step 2, for the original Step 2 Moments, and in Step 3 that reference the events of Derek's DLC
  • Over 38,000 words added
  • There's now a proper Relationship selection screen for your connection with Derek. It happens at the start of Step 2 after the Cove one
  • The Moment Selection Screen includes Derek's Moments now, you can change the page to switch from Cove's Moments to Derek's
We did our best with the 13-year-old section of Derek's DLC. Hopefully it's been worth the long wait, haha. Thank you to everyone who gives it a try!
Omg this was so cute. I'm so excited for the full thing

4.80 star(s) 24 Votes