VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.80 star(s) 23 Votes

Bakedbeaner

Dec 18, 2023
I've tried to install this game multiple times for Android but no matter what the android version has none of the dlcs and not even the voiced names am I doing something wrong and if I am can get some help please I'm stupid

Covepookiewookie

Jan 3, 2024
I've tried to install this game multiple times for Android but no matter what the android version has none of the dlcs and not even the voiced names am I doing something wrong and if I am can get some help please I'm stupid
try this instead

Also you have to download the dlc's first then the original game on android

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
which order we should play side contents
Any order you want, the big dlcs were released, Cove wedding, Derek love interest, and Baxter dlc, so if you wanna go based on release date do it in that order but it doesn't matter because you can only do one step four moment at the end of the game, so there won't be any call backs to the other moments in step four. For example you can't do Cove wedding dlc, them go hand out with Derek, you'll have to choose one, then do the other one with a different save.

Reactions: C-Time

PostFcea

Mar 10, 2024
Thanks so much for the DLC's!

But, I may have a problem with my own downloads or I'm not doing something right. Around step 3 I completed The Mall memory, after that was the birthday. It continued normally until the end and kept crashing. I tried to load my saves or even continued but it either sends me back to the main menu or just doesn't react. The same message keeps posting up upon my screen and I am not quite sure what to do.

Anyone have any tips? I would be greatly thankful for any guide on what to do in these circumstances.

Here's what it said before kicking me out of the game...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'summerwork'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/private/var/folders/9k/jt3w_2ws7bj3lbqsfsh8xxcc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/540E2A28-CA49-4FB7-BD68-FBA5E716BC52/d/OurLife.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/private/var/folders/9k/jt3w_2ws7bj3lbqsfsh8xxcc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/540E2A28-CA49-4FB7-BD68-FBA5E716BC52/d/OurLife.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 660, in main
run(restart)
File "/private/var/folders/9k/jt3w_2ws7bj3lbqsfsh8xxcc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/540E2A28-CA49-4FB7-BD68-FBA5E716BC52/d/OurLife.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 146, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "/private/var/folders/9k/jt3w_2ws7bj3lbqsfsh8xxcc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/540E2A28-CA49-4FB7-BD68-FBA5E716BC52/d/OurLife.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 938, in run_context
context.run()
File "hangman_step2.rpyc", line 173, in script call
File "hangman_step2.rpyc", line 115, in script call
File "hangman_step2.rpyc", line 151, in script call
File "hangman_step2.rpyc", line 39, in script call
File "hangman_step2.rpyc", line 132, in script call
File "hangman_step2.rpyc", line 63, in script call
File "hangman_step2.rpyc", line 144, in script call
File "hangman_step2.rpyc", line 51, in script call
File "s2_road_trip.rpyc", line 2522, in script
File "/private/var/folders/9k/jt3w_2ws7bj3lbqsfsh8xxcc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/540E2A28-CA49-4FB7-BD68-FBA5E716BC52/d/OurLife.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'summerwork'.

Darwin-21.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Our Life 1.7.1
Mon Mar 11 17:13:21 2024

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
The Beta, I was just curious if there was a complete done version. But, that is perfectly fine if it's not. I am thankful for the reply tho.
Nah I mean specifically which download. Guessing you got it off the main page but there's a LOT of them there. The only one that is really a 'beta build' is one of the older ones that was the wedding preview.

Arastin

Oct 6, 2017
Can I get some guidance on how to install the DLC on android? I thought I was supposed to install the base game, then the dlc in order of release, then install the base game again. That actually worked until I move my PC saves over to my phone and now it's showing the dlcs as not installed.

I tried redoing the process and it's still shaking as not installed.

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
For those who have played several times with different levels of interest: is there a clear difference between Crush as early as Step 1 and between Fond then Crush at Step 2?

Ren123432fd

May 10, 2022
For those who have played several times with different levels of interest: is there a clear difference between Crush as early as Step 1 and between Fond then Crush at Step 2?
Yes, although I rather think what kind of story you want to interpret.
The game is quite varied in that sense, a love at first sight, puppy love, friends to lovers or even choosing to confess until the end of the game.

I quite like crush from the beginning because in the introduction of step two, Liz when calling Mc, calls Cove "Your Baby boyfriend", while if you choose Fond in step one, she calls Cove "Your special boy" and so on with other things like the flavor of the text between steps or that you can mention to Cove that you liked it from the beginning.

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
Yes, although I rather think what kind of story you want to interpret.
The game is quite varied in that sense, a love at first sight, puppy love, friends to lovers or even choosing to confess until the end of the game.

I quite like crush from the beginning because in the introduction of step two, Liz when calling Mc, calls Cove "Your Baby boyfriend", while if you choose Fond in step one, she calls Cove "Your special boy" and so on with other things like the flavor of the text between steps or that you can mention to Cove that you liked it from the beginning.
IIRC flavor text also changes as far as Step 4 & the Wedding DLC so that's something to look forward to if you want to try going for Crush at different steps
Thank you very much for these details! :D

Another question but this time about the Derek DLC and Baxter DLC: if I have no intention of romancing them or my MC having a crush on one of them, is it worth downloading/buying these DLCs?

Aug 27, 2021
Thank you very much for these details! :D

Another question but this time about the Derek DLC and Baxter DLC: if I have no intention of romancing them or my MC having a crush on one of them, is it worth downloading/buying these DLCs?
the stories for both derek and baxter are very good! you don't even have to be remotely romantically interested in them, you can just view them as a friend, and i believe them and MC could grow to see one another as best friends in step 4 of their route.

4.80 star(s) 23 Votes