VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.80 star(s) 23 Votes

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
so is the base game finished? and because of more dlc it isnt marked as finished or will there be new content to the main story?
because they are working on the second game. So i just wanted to ask if they are all focussing now on the new game or if this game is done?.
This game is done, hence the devs started on a new game which looks super promising.

Reactions: Luna Holden

Kimo

Jun 4, 2017
I don't know someone else already asked but Derek's, Baxter's and weeding's dlcs are not installed but they're in the game's folder. What should I do?? :( :(

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
I don't know someone else already asked but Derek's, Baxter's and weeding's dlcs are not installed but they're in the game's folder. What should I do?? :( :(
Have you checked to see if they got extracted to the right folder, I don't know why they wouldn't have but that's all I can think of.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Hi, the download link for mac on the first page says (1.71) in brackets. Does this mean that the mac version only has the main game version 1.71 without DLCs?

Reactions: hanihoney

Parratjie

Jul 30, 2020
Hi, the download link for mac on the first page says (1.71) in brackets. Does this mean that the mac version only has the main game version 1.71 without DLCs?
As far as i know, it is the entire game with the dlc's pre installed. At least it is for the windows version.

Jayjaybi0

Nov 11, 2023
Hi, I'm kinda new to this kind of stuff and I've tried to install the game (for Android) multiple times but it just never worked at all? And the instructions provided in the main page are for PC, I've also tried to search in the comments but they didn't really helped me.

I'm not sure what I did wrong? The DLCs were in their respective folders and it still didn't worked when I tried to play the game.

Jan 26, 2020
Hi, I'm kinda new to this kind of stuff and I've tried to install the game (for Android) multiple times but it just never worked at all? And the instructions provided in the main page are for PC, I've also tried to search in the comments but they didn't really helped me.

I'm not sure what I did wrong? The DLCs were in their respective folders and it still didn't worked when I tried to play the game.
Im guessing you already figured it out but I'm leaving the instructions here in case someone else asks about it

1. Download the dlc apk file.

2. Locate the file in your file manager and install it. You may have to give your file manager additional permissions to install from external sources.

3. Open the app after installation. You should see a message confirming you've successfully installed the DLC.

4. If you have any more DLC to install, repeat steps 1-3 with any other DLC you're installing.

5. Download and install the base Our Life game (the voice or no voice version). When you open the app, any DLC you installed through steps 1-4 should be available.

Ca1keh

Mar 5, 2020
Im guessing you already figured it out but I'm leaving the instructions here in case someone else asks about it

1. Download the dlc apk file.

2. Locate the file in your file manager and install it. You may have to give your file manager additional permissions to install from external sources.

3. Open the app after installation. You should see a message confirming you've successfully installed the DLC.

4. If you have any more DLC to install, repeat steps 1-3 with any other DLC you're installing.

5. Download and install the base Our Life game (the voice or no voice version). When you open the app, any DLC you installed through steps 1-4 should be available.
But where is the DLCs APK files? Maybe I'm dumb because I can't find them

Jul 2, 2022
But where is the DLCs APK files? Maybe I'm dumb because I can't find them
Don't worry, it seems that many people here have the same problem :>

Go to the main page of the game, that is here:
And look for where it says (OurLife v1.7.1+All DLC's) and just download it from any of the options from android, then extract it and there are the apk's (excluding the one with the names, but that one is free on itch.io) then just install the game and each one of the dlc's.
as a recommendation and to avoid errors, open the game after installing each dlc to make sure it is installed.

Then enjoy the sweet addiction <3

if you have any other questions here is a detailed explanation guide:

Ca1keh

Mar 5, 2020
Don't worry, it seems that many people here have the same problem :>

Go to the main page of the game, that is here:
And look for where it says (OurLife v1.7.1+All DLC's) and just download it from any of the options from android, then extract it and there are the apk's (excluding the one with the names, but that one is free on itch.io) then just install the game and each one of the dlc's.
as a recommendation and to avoid errors, open the game after installing each dlc to make sure it is installed.

Then enjoy the sweet addiction <3

if you have any other questions here is a detailed explanation guide:
Ok, when I got to the android option of the download list it only comes the APK for the game and only it. I've tried to renamed it to see the content inside but it just an ordinary APK. So, unless there is an option that I'm really not seen it or a way to make the extra dlc option became an APK and not just an PC dlc option, I don't really know what to do

Jul 2, 2022
Ok, when I got to the android option of the download list it only comes the APK for the game and only it. I've tried to renamed it to see the content inside but it just an ordinary APK. So, unless there is an option that I'm really not seen it or a way to make the extra dlc option became an APK and not just an PC dlc option, I don't really know what to do
Oh that, I think they are included in that very one apk (? or try this:

Covepookiewookie

Jan 3, 2024
man at this point one of yall should be a saint and let us borrow ur itch.io account(i just need baxter's dlc so badly its been 1 million years and im starting to lose taste in my eyes and hearing in my hands):WutFace::WutFace:

Covepookiewookie

Jan 3, 2024
Our Life: Beginnings & Always v1.7.1 (Android) 6 DLCs Unlocker (Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, Cove Wedding DLC, Derek DLC, Baxter DLC)

The base game APK file (ourlife-1.7.1-novoice.apk) actually has all the DLCs apart of the free Voiced Names DLC.
It's the same with the Voiced Name Base Game APK (ourlife-1.7.1-voice.apk).
You can confirm this yourself by using a ZIP program to open the APK and browsing into ./assets/x-game/
That's why the Android download are bigger than the Windows or Mac downloads.

The 40 MB APK DLCs are just unlockers that sets a variable in your save file to enable said DLC when launched, that's why it's only 40 MB. However since the base game is updated to 1.7.1 and sometimes you encounter 1.7.0 DLC APKs, you might encounter a chicken and egg problem if you already installed the 1.7.1 base game and wanted to enable the DLCs since Android does not allow downgrading installed APKs, requiring you to uninstall the 1.7.1 base game first, potentially losing your save files if you haven't copied /sdcard/Android/data/ourlife.demo.apk/files/saves using a computer.

This save file already has every known DLC unlocked and won't overwrite your saves (they're different files vs your save slots).

To use, copy the content of this ZIP file into your Android's device internal storage, you might need to use a computer and enable USB file transfer since Android 11 upwards (I think, or Android 12. I can't remember) blocks access to /sdcard/Android/data from apps on the phone (including file manager) except when using USB file transfer
You must overwrite a file called "persistent" located in /sdcard/Android/data/ourlife.demo.apk/files/saves/persistent in order to unlock all the known DLCs.
Afterwards you can simply install the base game and the Voiced Name DLC or the Voiced Name base game APK instead.
Wdym by overwrite im dumb

4.80 star(s) 23 Votes