5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
I also agree that Tamarack can be a bit much but I like her character overall.
I didn't mean Tamarack, I meant that red-haired introverted boy with the earmuffs that doesn't want Qiu to include you and Tamarack in their group. He's not on Shiloh levels of annoying yet (that freckle-faced kid with the cap from the other Our Life game), and I hope he never will be cos Shiloh was a total little shit and it never sat well with me that MC's older sis forgave and accepted him as he was and enabled his behavior. Anyway, it's too early to cast any real judgement, but this red-haired earmuff kid's personality doesn't give the best impression at the moment.

As for Tamarack, she is one of the two main characters that I mentioned I liked (her and Qiu). Yeah, she's really is full on, but she isn't' afraid to be who she is and doesn't feel the need to do what everyone else does, yet never makes anyone feel bad if they want to do things differently too. I appreciate characters that have interesting and/or different personalities rather than stereotypes or something half-baked and/or predictable. I'm looking forward to seeing how she develops over the game.

Also, her sprite is really freaking adorable. :)

Last edited:

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
I didn't mean Tamarack, I meant that red-haired introverted boy with the earmuffs that doesn't want Qiu to include you and Tamarack in their group. He's not on Shiloh levels of annoying, and maybe it's too early to cast judgement, but his personality doesn't gel well with me at this stage.
Tamarack is one of the two main characters that I mentioned I liked - she's full on, but pretty freaking adorable.
he is blond you slut

Tamarack is one of the two main characters that I mentioned I liked - she's full on, but pretty freaking adorable
Tamarack supremacy:coffee:

Reactions: Zedire

igg

Feb 25, 2018
Hmm... pretty sure the kid is mentioned as having red hair as the MC observes, and it looks red in the sprite/graphic (or at least strawberry blond). Plus his mum is a redhead. :unsure:
Technically. He dyes his hair red in step 3. And he also transitioned to a she.

Last edited:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
you mistake him for his brother my friend.......
View attachment 2547792
Nah, I didn't even know about his brother, but when you meet the kid (Darren) for the first time this is what it says:
di.jpg
I've never heard blond being referred to as orange unless it's strawberry blond. But 'orange' to me sound more like a redhead/ginger. :unsure:

Then again, Qiu refers to Tamarack's hair as "golden" when he's talking about his favorite color, and Tamarack looks a pretty solid redhead (or at least 'copper' rather than 'golden'), so who knows?

igg Just saying, at this point in the story Darren is a 'he', so there's no reason to refer to him as female (it honestly just makes it confusing). Especially as, at the current point in the story, he also makes a pretty big deal of them being in a "boys' club" and that Tamarack can't join because 'she's a girl'.

Last edited:

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
Nah, I didn't even know about his brother, but when you meet the kid (Darren) for the first time this is what it says:
View attachment 2547945
I've never heard blond being referred to as orange unless it's strawberry blond. But 'orange' to me sound more like a redhead/ginger. :unsure:

Then again, Giu refers to Tamarack's hair as "golden" when he's talking about his favorite color, and Tamarack looks a pretty solid redhead (or at least 'copper' rather than 'golden'), so who knows?
That is true
i just kinda confused when you said that "annoying red hair with earmuff" i thought you refer to tamarack

Reactions: Zedire

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Zedire
To just answer the confusion, this is a world where Cove's green hair is natural. Darren's hair is orange (at least in Step 1 and 2 as I think she did dye it later.)

• Angry
Reactions: Tunak23

Amnelis

Nov 24, 2020
Shiloh & Jeremy were by far the worst part of the first game. Younger Shiloh was fine & my MC always stood up for him but latter on... The fact we never get to truly give either of them a piece of our mind makes it frustrating. There's a whole episode (DLC I think?) focusing on having a phone call with them, like... it's so jarring compared to how wholesome the rest of the game is. I liked the two friends from Step 3 for the most part but even then I found myself zoning out whenever they became the focus of the story. That's the one concern I have with the larger cast this time around, that we will end up being strongarmed into caring about characters we just want to ignore. I'm hopeful though since it has a lot of potential if done right.

Now with Qiu I was majorly turned off when it was announced they were going to be non binary, especially since the devs said something along the lines of "OL1 is the game for dating boys" so I figured it was going to be very ott & Qiu would straight up look like a girl by the latter steps but that's seemingly not the case. It's gonna be sad not being able to call him "boyfriend" lol but I'll take it.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
Shiloh & Jeremy were by far the worst part of the first game. Younger Shiloh was fine & my MC always stood up for him but latter on... The fact we never get to truly give either of them a piece of our mind makes it frustrating. There's a whole episode (DLC I think?) focusing on having a phone call with them, like... it's so jarring compared to how wholesome the rest of the game is. I liked the two friends from Step 3 for the most part but even then I found myself zoning out whenever they became the focus of the story. That's the one concern I have with the larger cast this time around, that we will end up being strongarmed into caring about characters we just want to ignore. I'm hopeful though since it has a lot of potential if done right.

Now with Qiu I was majorly turned off when it was announced they were going to be non binary, especially since the devs said something along the lines of "OL1 is the game for dating boys" so I figured it was going to be very ott & Qiu would straight up look like a girl by the latter steps but that's seemingly not the case. It's gonna be sad not being able to call him "boyfriend" lol but I'll take it.
dont worry in step 3 you can call qiu "boyfriend" :) (y) i think qiu goes he/them or something....

Reactions: Amnelis

Amnelis

Nov 24, 2020
I recalled something like that but was unsure wether I only imagined it or if they changed it, it's a bummer. I believe the devs also mentioned that Qiu would be upset if the female PC considers herself straight if she's dating them.

senaizumiP

Mar 28, 2021
y
I recalled something like that but was unsure wether I only imagined it or if they changed it, it's a bummer. I believe the devs also mentioned that Qiu would be upset if the female PC considers herself straight if she's dating them.
yep iirc its also grounds for a breakup

darkh0ney

Apr 13, 2023
Does anybody know when the beta will be updated? I'm pretty sure the last patreon update was on Dec 18 2022. Is there any more content?

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Does anybody know when the beta will be updated? I'm pretty sure the last patreon update was on Dec 18 2022. Is there any more content?
They do a free public month beginning post on Patreon, which is just kind of a little update of what they are working on and what should happen for the month. I'll just copy paste the part about OL2.

Our Life: Now & Forever-

This is it, again! I'm also planning for a new OL2 beta to come out that will include the entire Step 1 prologue. It's almost funny how long it took to get something as simple as a prologue done, but here we are, aha. The Step 1 Moments will be coming along at a much more consistent rate.

In order to do that we only need to get proofreading and programming done; the script was finished last month. I'll also be drafting more OL2 scenes to come and could find the time to begin writing one of the ten Step 1 Moments.

Also anyone got either the Updated Bio Images, or Room Decoration pics?

darkh0ney

Apr 13, 2023
They do a free public month beginning post on Patreon, which is just kind of a little update of what they are working on and what should happen for the month. I'll just copy paste the part about OL2.

Our Life: Now & Forever-

This is it, again! I'm also planning for a new OL2 beta to come out that will include the entire Step 1 prologue. It's almost funny how long it took to get something as simple as a prologue done, but here we are, aha. The Step 1 Moments will be coming along at a much more consistent rate.

In order to do that we only need to get proofreading and programming done; the script was finished last month. I'll also be drafting more OL2 scenes to come and could find the time to begin writing one of the ten Step 1 Moments.

Also anyone got either the Updated Bio Images, or Room Decoration pics?
Thanks a lot for the reply! I'll check back in the forum once they publish smth!

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
not gonna share the images because my computer chops the images quality, but i got links!

Really love the room decoration mechanic that's the kind of personalisation only top visual novels have out there, Tamarack & Qiu surely are on for one hell of teen years they are going to change so much from their little kiddo phase that is honestly surprising.

Tamarack is huge as an adult indeed she really is like a big momma bear, even if she is not my prototype in terms of looks I believe when we reach that moment of the plot our emotional connection with the characters must be tremendous and little prejudices around the fandom could be surpassed just by that alone.

Qiu really is femine looking and would have made me doubt on the first place they started out as a boy on the first place, gender fluid characters on fiction are still not overly popular so gotta praise the developers for taking a chance and showcasing them to the larger public.

Still cannot help but wonder which characters will be the side lovers on Our life 2 or if we will get any, will always vouch for at least one or two options even if with smaller content, another female love interest and know the orange haired boy was kinda confirmed? No idea would love to hear the theories you guys have regarding love interests.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes