5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
do you know how they release it? when I discovered our life 1 the game was almost finished so I don't know if they released the free moments + dlc for each step first or they first released all the free content and just then did the dlcs.

I am asking bc I don't want to wait until 2025 to play step 2 I'm too excited for the angst and puppy love
I found OL1 when the third step had just come out and I remember waiting for the DLC to come out, but that could just be because the next step was step four.

Reactions: forvt

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
they are going to do all 10 moments first fully finish step 1 and then move on to step 2
Personally I think the dlc might come after they finish the first three steps, since usually only the first 5 moments of each step is what has the most impact on the story since not everyone can afford the dlcs. They did mention in a recent post that they won't be working on any of the bonus moments this year and that their main focus is just making progress on the base game itself, I'll add the copy/paste below of the portion of that post that mentions it.

"Honestly, 2024 is gonna be the most basic year in a very long time, haha. There's not gonna be major launches of new DLCs, or a full game going live, or any bonus Moments. It's simply making progress on OL: N&F. That's pretty normal for game development. It's just not something we've had to go through since 2019. But we're hunkering down for the long haul on this one.

Specifically, Step 1 will be fully completed in 2024 and I'll make as much headway into Step 2 as possible. There will be two updates to the public demo, one probably in May and another sometime in Fall/Third Quarter 2024. Those will focus on Step 1 scenes still. I can't guarantee we'll be able to rework the Step 2 part of the demo with new content this year. As it is, the content was made to be a demo preview. A lot is gonna change for the complete version. "

=edit=
nvm I missed the post at the bottom, sorry~ I'll keep the information there though for anyone who might've missed it and for clarity.

igg

Feb 25, 2018
And here she is.

Original Text:

Nichole's sprite is finished! If you're wondering, yes, she does dye her hair brown. She thinks her natural color just doesn't fit her mature style. But seriously, the sprites by redridingheart are always so charming. Tamarack Family ️

And here's the (not so) happy family.

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
And here she is.

Original Text:

Nichole's sprite is finished! If you're wondering, yes, she does dye her hair brown. She thinks her natural color just doesn't fit her mature style. But seriously, the sprites by redridingheart are always so charming. Tamarack Family ️

And here's the (not so) happy family.

All 3 of them wear glasses, it's both sad and adorable lol

Reactions: ggezwux

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
I think the glasses for Tamarack depend on your choices in step one for stop two, if im not mistaken
The sad part is they all have bad eye sights not the glasses themselves so I have no problem with her wearing it. It's been a while since I played this though, I do not remember the choices lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Esterwink

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
unrelated to OL2 but does anyone have details about project W on patreon☠?? OL2 isn't even out yet but im curious
Well, that poll is over and the option of hearing some info about Project W was pretty popular. I'm good with that! From now on I'll post once per month, near the very end of the month, some details about it.

Of course, there's no art being done, I'm not writing any scripts, the people I work with don't even know what this is about, haha. However, I do have hundreds of thousands of words of brainstorming and can give you some small insights into that planning.

The first things I'll say about it is that "Project W" is what I call the game that is my backburner project. I actually already know the real title! I just can't share that until the official reveal of the game. Currently, I'm getting the story prepared to go into production after Our Life: Now & Forever. It will likely begin some real development before all of the OL2 extensions are done, same as how an OL2 demo came out while we were still making OL1 DLCs.

Project W isn't connected to the Our Life series, though will have elements GB Patch Games has come to be known for. You'll get to design your own MC and customize pretty much everything about them. There will be tons of choices and none of the choices will be wrong. There's no bad endings at the end of this journey. You'll also have your own unique relationship with the leads. And it will have a free base story with optional DLCs.

In terms of genre, it is gonna keep the feel-good overall feeling, too. When all is said and done, I'm hoping it will be a wonderful experience for players. And even though you're not growing up over the course of the story, it is going to be broken up into four sections.

The similarities to OL start to thin out there.

Project W is set in a fantasy world with a historical type of time period. There will be a feeling of adventure and some mystery and a whole lot of challenges to face. It's gonna be told in a linear way across four story arcs.

And will you be surprised to find out that this is going to be the most ambitious project for GB Patch yet? More complex systems and with more assets needed than the Our Life games. But I'm almost positive this is it! If Project W is exactly how I'd like it to be, projects after it are gonna be smaller, though still high quality. It can't get bigger than this. At least not for me.

So, that wraps up this first Project W info dump! I hope it was interesting . This is gonna be a long road, but I work on it as much as humanly possibly while not getting behind on my OL2 tasks. I look forward to sharing more about the game.

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
This sounds really interesting, one of the things I love about Our Life is just how customizable it is, not just in terms of character creation but in terms of personality. If you play a shy character, the game will notice, most games don't do that and I'm glad that from the sounds of things Project W will continue the trend.

forvt

Aug 7, 2022
Some important info they released on KS:

– Hide & Seek part 1 will be released in the middle of February
– the last moment of step 1 is called 'Magic' and it's big enough to have 3 parts
– they already started drafting DLC moments of step 1.

I think they'll make the entire drafting for step 1 (base and dlc) and then start step 2, I don't think they'll release the DLC this year but maybe they'll get everything ready for release. It makes sense bc they're writing step 1 right now so they're on the mindset for it.

Kass/\ndra

Apr 29, 2021
I know someone else has already pointed it out before, but this lovely game is almost too wholesome to be featured on this site; not that I'm complaining, not at all.
With the latest update I did another complete playthrough from the very start and the amount of freedom you get to shape your own MC and all the various reactions of the other characters to them is implemented in a really exceptional way and, in my opinion, one of the most unique features of the game.

The only downside for me personally is perhaps the relatively long waiting time between updates; however, when quality triumphs over quantity, as it is the case here, then I'd say it's definitely more than worth the wait, no?

forvt

Aug 7, 2022
I know someone else has already pointed it out before, but this lovely game is almost too wholesome to be featured on this site; not that I'm complaining, not at all.
With the latest update I did another complete playthrough from the very start and the amount of freedom you get to shape your own MC and all the various reactions of the other characters to them is implemented in a really exceptional way and, in my opinion, one of the most unique features of the game.

The only downside for me personally is perhaps the relatively long waiting time between updates; however, when quality triumphs over quantity, as it is the case here, then I'd say it's definitely more than worth the wait, no?
honestly I don't even think it's a long time between updates. Usually we have half a beta every month, while most games here with the same or lower quality take a lot of more time. Of course, gbpatch is an established indie game dev, so they have this advantage.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
honestly I don't even think it's a long time between updates. Usually we have half a beta every month, while most games here with the same or lower quality take a lot of more time. Of course, gbpatch is an established indie game dev, so they have this advantage.
This, considering the (relative) scale of the game, the fact that we get around half a step per month is pretty damn impressive. I really respect how active and driven gbpatch is in regards to making consistent progress + keeping fans aware of said progress.

Eemiikremk

Mar 18, 2022
This, considering the (relative) scale of the game, the fact that we get around half a step per month is pretty damn impressive. I really respect how active and driven gbpatch is in regards to making consistent progress + keeping fans aware of said progress.
Yeah, the amount of small updates is great, and if you kind of skip two or three updates, when you finally come back there will be a nice amount of content (it's what I'm doing since the last update, gonna play it with the Hide and Seek one that's coming) that way its more content still in a relatively short period of time. Since now, we're playing chunks of the game, not the full experience in one go.

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
heres some info about magic
Content
I am nearly done writing the final free-to-play Step 1 Moment! And this is what it's called: ✨Magic ✨. Tamarack and Qiu have some... differing ideas on the topic, but it's gonna be a memorable one to explore.
(Also, this does start in school but it's not story that revolves around class.)
1707530833164.png
1707530845691.png
1707530898585.png
1707530855766.png

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes