Deathstar1200

Aug 4, 2021
The biggest issue is that Eva bit off way more than she could chew with this project writing wise, as we already see issues with inconsistency with characters, the ever so her complaining about struggling with writing, not to mention her approach to characters.

While sure, hiring another writer or writers would certainly help lessen the demand on her, at the same time the question would remain on her vision for ORS and if she would be okay working with a writer who may have some of their own ideas.

If she wasn't open to that, then the next best idea I have would be her not to set dates for her releases and simply take her time writing out paths throughly and not rush herself to meet a deadline she sets on herself. If the update takes 5-6 months, then it takes that long. Sure, people would get ansty and want the release out sooner but at the same time, her taking her time might end in a best finished product and episode.
Yeah, that is the problem. No matter what Eva does, people would complain nonetheless.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah the game's escope is quite big this time. Two protagonists and each having close to ten possible love interests. Personally the lack of non male corruption routes to Lena doesn't bother me much because i quite enjoy what she (Eva) is doing with the lesbian romances with Ivy and Holly.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
The scope of the project and branching is really a serious problem. There are so many different little things to consider in the game, each choice generates new development options, but all the time she need to take into account the branches in other options so they correspond to each other, as a result, the development options grow exponentially. Eva need to have a brilliant mind, a brain that works like a computer, to take into account all the small details. Eva experienced writer's block in developing this chapter, which doesn't contain a lot of major plot developments. This is a bad call.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
the lack of non male corruption routes to Lena
Ivy is kinda corrupting Lena, and I think it'll ramp up in the following chapters. It's Ivy who gives the idea to Lena to open up a stalkfap and who encourages her to fuck around. If Lena slept with Ivy after her birthday party, she can't refuse to have sex with her in the gym showers.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
IIRC Ian doesn't know who Gillian's boyfriend is. Billy is a very unlikely candidate, though -- Gillian's boyfriend moved to town a few months ago because he's found a job here, and that doesn't really fit Billy's circumstances.

edit: a fun fact, now that i thnk about it. When Chapter 10 was released, i thought the way the game avoided ever having Ian and Mike interact has gone to ridiculous level, with Jeremy (who is familiar with Mike, his coworker) for some reason choosing not to introduce him to Ian, his friend even though all three of them were in the same spot and shared the screen. But now, given Jeremy's reluctance to tell Ian about Gillian, his behavior regarding Mike would actually make certain sense, if Jeremy has learned recently that Mike is Gillian's new boyfriend, after seeing Gillian with him together at the club.

Guess we'll see.
BY the conversation Between Ian and Gillian, It is kind of leaning in direction that Ian knows that person. He may have just mention it for the context.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
The only thing that would win me over on the likely twist that Mike is the (in yet another unbelievable coincidence) boyfriend of Gillian is if there's an easter-egg where the game suddenly turns into an FPS if Lena's been fucking Mike too. Title changes to "Ian's Postal Shooting Spree". Satisfying + kitsch/campy enough that the Mike/Gillian connection would be tame by comparison.

Last edited:

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
Depends if this was Eva aimed when she created him. Particularly, Axel and Seymour are the testament of Eva's great writing in this game for: both are haterful af (and i know this because i hate both so much), but also intriguing.
EDIT: I also put Ivy with them. How we can't wrap our minds if she is a total snake bitch or just a free spirit with her own and strong views really show how deeper and complex she can be.
Good thoughts.

Not sure I want to go out and try to dig up the relevant Patreon post, but if memory serves me, Robert was initially intended to be 1. An early sexual partner for Lena, much in the way that Cherry and Allison were for Ian, and 2. A deliberately sub-standard version of Ian, personality-wise. Ian starts out the game with more depth to him, with his writing focus, relationship woes, his aspirational struggles at work, and prior experience with art and music.

Robert as a character might have shifted over time, after those initial settings. Also, I'll speculate that it's probably easier and fun for Eva to write sexy scenes for Robert with Lena, because he's not very deep, whereas Ian brings more complexity to the table and writing Ian/Lena scenes might be comparatively more of an intellectual exercise.

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
Not yet played the new update (actually haven't played since the revamp), have the next 3-4 days completely free & planning to go on a marathon run exploring all possibilities...Before I do, my two cents about Holly (based on what I've read on the thread)...

- Ian-Holly-Lena throuple will most likely occur & would be on the path where Ian-Lena are in love/relationship while also harboring feelings for Holly
- Holly & Mark scene on Ian-Holly love path is most likely a bug, as that would drastically contradict the character
- Mark as the option on holly corruption path seems an underwhelming choice, he's a minor character in ORS as well as GGGB, would have preferred a more fleshed out character like Dave or Jack or building on the interaction with Marcel (bouncer) would also have been interesting.
Is it possible that the whole Holly & Mark on Holly love path is deliberately made a bug by the author to mess and confuse players, which will be 'fixed' in the next update?

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Honestly, I hope that Gillian's paramour isn't Mike. It seems like a super obvious twist, since everyone is guessing at the possibility. Do the ORS cast live in a rural mountain town of 50 people where that sort of coincidence is plausible?
That's what it feels like. But then you have the implausible situation where 20-somethings running in the same circles for at least half their lives in a town of several hundred inhabitants haven't already met each other up till now.

I used to joke "oh, hey. Do you know Greg?" when meeting some random stranger from a state I used to live in. In Ian-ville though, it seems like a natural question. :unsure:

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Honestly, I hope that Gillian's paramour isn't Mike. It seems like a super obvious twist, since everyone is guessing at the possibility. Do the ORS cast live in a rural mountain town of 50 people where that sort of coincidence is plausible?
Agree, I'm hoping Gillian's boyfriend will be a new charismatic character. Perhaps even strongly appeal to Lena and create a challenge to the whole dynamic between Lena/Ian/Gillian.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I've got it! Ian is all pumped up, ready to fight. That mixed martial arts training finally about to pay off! And then you hear a "vvvvrrrrrr" and Gillian's boyfriend rolls jaggedly around the corner in an electric wheelchair, speaking through a motorized straw set-up like Steven Hawking.... (Tho depending on your Ian, you can still kick his ass).

The real twist is he's got a dick bigger than Jeremy's (and it works).

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I've got it! Ian is all pumped up, ready to fight. That mixed martial arts training finally about to pay off! And then you hear a "vvvvrrrrrr" and Gillian's boyfriend rolls jaggedly around the corner in an electric wheelchair, speaking through a motorized straw set-up like Steven Hawking.... (Tho depending on your Ian, you can still kick his ass).

The real twist is he's got a dick bigger than Jeremy's (and it works).
How much blow did you take when constructing this theory?

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
Don't turn this into GOT S8 where it's all about "subverting expectations". Mike fits Gillian's boyfriend so well from all the details in the game. It also make sense from a narrative point of view and is more interesting this way given the possible decisions we can do in the game. Changing this because "audience already knows the twist" just screams that the author just wants to feel smart by proving people wrong and inadvertently ruining the established hints and narrative potential for a cheap "plot twist".

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
i've been looking too and i can't find any AVN games that are one, as erotic as this, but two, also has many paths that makes it actually interesting to play
College Craze is a good option, similar to Our Red String in the tons of paths you can take, has pretty good writing, and multi-stat gamification like ORS. It's a fem protag game set in college.

Our Red String has cleaner art, is a little more straightforward in the paths you can follow, and has a more mature post-college age cohort that's still slice of life in its storyline, so it's pretty unique. It's also hard to find any games (or stories in general) with dual protagonists like ORS, for better or worse.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes