dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
It makes sense that Lena has more customisation over Ian, women dress up more and it's more fun to dress them up for the mayority of the players. GGGB proved it and in Lena's case it just does it again successfully.

The issue is that the money system is largely wasted on Ian. He only needs it for rent and presents. The former is no issue as of now, the latter could be utilized much more often. By contrast, Lena works constantly in different places with different people (restaurant, cafe, modeling, art, stalkfap, Seymour, bar, music, later on Mike and Billy) and her payment is linked with the plot and character progression. Ian has the two big projects that likely give him once a boon (tournament, book), his main job is never in trouble (it should have been after chapter 9 Seymour, but that turned out to be a dud).

Just as with everything, the Lena content is given more attention than the Ian content and it just gets worse if nothing changes.
I don't disagree with you all that Lena is given more customization options, but regarding who runs out of cash, I'm just not having that same experience. It's purely play preferences.

My Ian runs out of money constantly: Wins pool bets. Never takes cash from Dad, gets three of four outfits, buys presents/fireworks/wine. Goes halfsies with Perry on food for vacation.

My Lena's got cash to spare: Does OF. Works for Seymour until he forces the vibe. Donates to her parents each time. Buys 2/4 outfits (the Charisma and Sporty outfits look lame, so she avoids). Gets Ivy a shitty gift, cause fuck that bitch. Gets every damn sex toy. No tats or belly ring because they're trashy, or luxurious dress since I don't want her posh, though she could still afford several of them with excess cash in her bank.

Lena in my playthroughs still makes far more than Ian and buys far more items with it, mainly for herself, while having quite a lot of spare cash should something interesting pop up. And I never feel as if I have to watch my cash with her or that I'm limited. Where Ian is scraping lint for pocket change with his few purchases, having to use what little cash he has a bunch more for relationship maintenance and will points (gained from financial independence from Daddy), which he runs out of constantly too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ffive

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
I don't disagree with you all that Lena is given more customization options, but regarding who runs out of cash, I'm just not having that same experience. It's purely play preferences.

My Ian runs out of money constantly: Wins pool bets. Never takes cash from Dad, gets three of four outfits, buys presents/fireworks/wine. Goes halfsies with Perry on food for vacation.

My Lena's got cash to spare: Does OF. Works for Seymour until he forces the vibe. Donates to her parents each time. Buys 2/4 outfits (the Charisma and Sporty outfits look lame, so she avoids). Gets Ivy a shitty gift, cause fuck that bitch. Gets every damn sex toy. No tats or belly ring because they're trashy, or luxurious dress since I don't want her posh, though she could still afford several of them with excess cash in her bank.

Lena in my playthroughs still makes far more than Ian and buys far more items with it, mainly for herself, while having quite a lot of spare cash should something interesting pop up. And I never feel as if I have to watch my cash with her or that I'm limited. Where Ian is scraping lint for pocket change with his few purchases.
Aside from Will/Chad points, taking money from dad doesn't seem to do anything, so its free money. Outfits barely do anything either, the charisma one is usually all I buy so that the people around Ian (Alison, Minerva) aren't pissed of that he doesn't dress for the occasion. You buy three outfits for Ian but neglect the tatoos and the dress, guess what costs the most money?!

Lena buying everything is tricky without Seymour. Its doable when exploiting Stan and the cafe and not helping her parents, but the restriction is far more noticable with different playstyles.

Did a money run with Lena once (and Ian got no money): https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-ch-12-prologue-full-eva-kiss.48813/post-11217024
Pretty funny to end up with 43 money, selling Seymours gift just to let it be retrieved by him later.

Regardless: Ian gets less money and uses less money, Lena gets more money and can/must spend more money. My point stands that gameplay and storywise, Lena is given much more than Ian.

Reactions: tbs9090 and ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The one who has to win the other sex over is Ian, he needs to pick the right answers, dress up and spend money.
The only thing Ian has to do is to show interest (or in some cases accept the girl's advances, hi Alison and Holly) because that's what his "right answers" boil down to. Just like Lena, in fact.

Fellas

Jun 7, 2021
That's pretty inaccurate -- for one, the game records which exact response the player selected in that choice, so it's not as if only one of them is guaranteed to produces different results (in future installments) The actual results produced by these options are currently yet unknown.

And second, the heart option additionally resets the flag v3_gillian_stop which is set by Ian deleting Gillian's pictures early on. While the "i've made my peace" option which requires this variable to be enabled leaves it intact. Given these facts, it makes more sense for the heart option to be a late entry point for Gillian's route for the players who initially opted out of it, while "made peace" option simply delegates Ian who reinforced his early choice to the "friendzone" with Gillian, and any meeting with her in this setup is just like the friendly coffee you can have with good Jess.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes! All signs lead to a potential Gillian route. While in cheating Lena path, Jeremy blatantly tells Ian that she isn't girlfriend material as she still hung up on Axel and guys in the bar talk a lot about her. And if Ian thanked Jeremy for the info he reflects that his eerie feelings is true (don't know if it is about Lena cheating cus I can recall Ian never having a dialogue about worrying Lena being unfaithful so I take that eerie feelings as his feelings towards Lena decaying since he encountered Gillian again was justified).

So we got Ian knowing Lena's affair, him not moving on from Gillian, and him knowing the Gillian's potential boyfriend Mike's affair. The Gillian path has never been more clear to me until now. But I'm afraid Ian won't be seeing Gillian anytime soon as the next chapter will cover the vacation.:(

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I wish There was an option where if Ian saves enough, he could move to a different apartment of his own, so that he can bang Cindy behind Wade's back how much he want without fearing of getting caught by Perry.
That sounds like it's coming in a future update. He's mentioned it twice in the last few chapters that he'd like to save enough money to move out. Or if he has quite a bit of money, that he almost has enough to move out.

Was it actually said at any point this amateur tournament is supposed to come with any rewards, that aren't at best a trophy and an energetic handshake? Since EK said this whole subquest was purely optional, i feel doubt it's going to bring anything that'd considerably skew the balance of things in the long run -- if Ian had to participate and do well in order to afford things down the road then it'd make things quite far from optional. So i don't see this resulting in any big income spike.

The promotion is similarly not something i'd bank much on. It's still a relatively low level job, and it might come with something like +1 salary increase (or maybe slightly higher, but that's getting counter-balanced by high rents if Ian is serious about moving out and getting his own place) and nowhere near what one can get paid to prance around naked and stick vibrators in one's orifices for exclusive amusement of a rich old pervert.
I suppose it wasn't said outright in the game no. I was just applying real world logic to the game, that usually fight winners win money from their fights. So perhaps there is a chance the Ian walks away from the tournament with nothing more than an "Atta boy" and a pat on the back. I'd be curious though what Eva could add to the pot that would make winning the tournament worth the effort if a big money payout isn't involved in some way. Winning the Tournament seems like the easiest way to have enough money to afford the aforementioned move out it sounds like he is planning.

Last edited:

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022

Lena in my playthroughs still makes far more than Ian and buys far more items with it, mainly for herself, while having quite a lot of spare cash should something interesting pop up. And I never feel as if I have to watch my cash with her or that I'm limited. Where Ian is scraping lint for pocket change with his few purchases, having to use what little cash he has a bunch more for relationship maintenance and will points (gained from financial independence from Daddy), which he runs out of constantly too.
Something similar happens to me but I come to buy the necessary things that I need but I always have little money and the same thing happens to me with Lena if I don't accept Seymour's offer and don't steal at work, it's as if EvaKiss told you that being a whore would get you makes life easier than being an honest worker, if Agnes made Ian an offer would they accept and what would Lena think if she saw Ian doing the same thing as her? :unsure: :LOL: :LOL: :unsure:

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
The only thing Ian has to do is to show interest (or in some cases accept the girl's advances, hi Alison and Holly) because that's what his "right answers" boil down to. Just like Lena, in fact.
I give you Lena, Holly and maybe Alison, the other 5 options aren't gotten automatically.

- Lena is the easiest since you control her as well (possible to screw up if you let Ian date several girls).
- Holly points require some wit or charisma, though it may be possible to be invited to the book fair just by meeting her as much as possible?
- Alison can be screwed up if you stay with Perry and Cherry, new players don't necessarily overcome the following charisma check.
- Cherry requires 2/3 points which requires remembering a line from her and wit/charisma. Also lust, though it was a bit decreased a while ago? Still, if you don't pull of the one-night-stand, her route is blocked. Also, you are blocked afterwards just by telling her that you are smitten with her.
- Emma requires a high lust check thats difficult to achieve if Ian isn't fucking multiple girls and/or hording the lust levels (which are slightly rarer than the charisma/wits ones).
- Minerva requires to antagonize her and a high charisma/wit check.
- Cindy requires high charisma/wit skills to appease her, its very easy to lose points or end a date with one wrong answer.
- Bad Jess can be very easily pissed multiple ways.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The argument that "Alison can be screwed up if you don't show interest in her and go for someone else" not only doesn't contradict my point (that all Ian need is to show actual interest) but isn't even true -- keep Alison at bay long enough and not only she will invite Ian and pretty much throw herself at him, but even forego any silly thoughts of condoms etc.

For the others, passing checks and "not ending date with wrong answer" is also something Lena is required to do at certain points. Not only that, but in some cases (Jeremy) she potentially has to spend will point to push things through. Or, let's put it this way -- at no point in the game i've felt Ian had it any harder to drown in pussies than Lena had to work for multiple dicks. And that was on a blind playthrough, with no cheats, walkthroughs or anything like that. The attribute checks are easy to meet, unless one is intentionally avoiding their development. So, no, i don't think this supposed difference of "Lena has it easy, Ian has to work for it" is really true.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
The argument that "Alison can be screwed up if you don't show interest in her and go for someone else" not only doesn't contradict my point (that all Ian need is to show actual interest) but isn't even true -- keep Alison at bay long enough and not only she will invite Ian and pretty much throw herself at him, but even forego any silly thoughts of condoms etc.

For the others, passing checks and "not ending date with wrong answer" is also something Lena is required to do at certain points. Not only that, but in some cases (Jeremy) she potentially has to spend will point to push things through. Or, let's put it this way -- at no point in the game i've felt Ian had it any harder to drown in pussies than Lena had to work for multiple dicks. And that was on a blind playthrough, with no cheats, walkthroughs or anything like that. The attribute checks are easy to meet, unless one is intentionally avoiding their development. So, no, i don't think this supposed difference of "Lena has it easy, Ian has to work for it" is really true.
Yeah it's more like the differences in male and female pov

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah it's more like the differences in male and female pov
Yeah, i think this might be more of the player's projection of perception how things are in RL onto the game, that causes them to view what's very similar, if not the same, mechanically, as different and skewed towards one side.

Reactions: Leongen43

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
I want Ian to fuck Gillian and cuck Mike, make Gillian fall in love with Ian, and then throw her away like the used up cum rag that she is.
Cruel man, just cruel. Just cuck Mike. If Gillian falls for the MC, then okay, but I wouldn’t try to make it happen. Chucking Mike though? That’s practically mandatory.

Reactions: axy2

varpep

Feb 22, 2020
I heard this was not supposed to be possible
This is after the latest update. I think it might be an Intentional choice.

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Cruel man, just cruel. Just cuck Mike. If Gillian falls for the MC, then okay, but I wouldn’t try to make it happen. Chucking Mike though? That’s practically mandatory.
You're right, you could have Ian seduce Gillian and then he would ask Ivy for drugs to give to Gillian and she would get excited and ready for sex, then he would call Jeremy to have a dirty threesome of hardcore sex and then have him end with a bukkake and at the end I would take several selfies and if I would send it to Mike when he is working, what music song will Mike choose when he sees the selfies? :unsure: :LOL:

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes