dasflute2

Jan 5, 2018
I hope there is one, i haven't found a single game on this site with a cuckquean route, idk why it is not popular...not a single dev has implemented it
It's not fully cuckquean but Descent by Ryder has cuckquean elements to it (the female MC can be forced into allowing her fiancee to have an open affair with a rival from work).

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
After finishing GGGB she wanted to do something a bit different by also making a story following a guy protagonist. I think she was actually looking forward to the creative challenge the duel protagonist would bring but she underestimated how difficult it would be to juggle the variables of what is essentially 2 vns at the same time. That's why the Lena/Ian route feels so forced in the beginning because that's the story she probably had in mind that made her want to do the game like this in the first place. The problem is that there are people who aren't interested in that pairing so she had to come up with content that didn't involve them getting together and that added to the workload more than she anticipated I believe.
Surely, there were always going to be other options for Ian and Lena? I don't believe for 1 minute that Eva originally intended the game to follow that kind of linear path, where Ian and Lena only got together with each other? I can't believe that the person who made GGGB would make that kind of game? Because her existing patrons, who persuaded her to make more and more branchings in GGGB, where the protagonist could end up with virtually everyone, would never be interested in that kind of game. For better or worse, Eva now has a particular set of patrons, who expect her to make games with multiple branchings that lead to a lot of different endings. And she put herself in this position, by making GGGB in the way that she did.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Surely, there were always going to be other options for Ian and Lena? I don't believe for 1 minute that Eva originally intended the game to follow that kind of linear path, where Ian and Lena only got together with each other? I can't believe that the person who made GGGB would make that kind of game? Because her existing patrons, who persuaded her to make more and more branchings in GGGB, where the protagonist could end up with virtually everyone, would never be interested in that kind of game. For better or worse, Eva now has a particular set of patrons, who expect her to make games with multiple branchings that lead to a lot of different endings. And she put herself in this position, by making GGGB in the way that she did.
No I'm saying that Lena/Ian was most likely the primary idea to make this game. It truly feels that is the reason every other LI (besides Holly) all have massive red flags to try and lead players towards this pairing.

Reactions: Geigi and yuvce

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
will we get the a final version pf the chapter 12?
Yes, the current content was only the Ian half of the chapter, even though there were some Lena scenes within it. The next update should (unless there are any bug fixes in-between) round off the chapter with the Lena focused events, although it is possible that it might do the same as with Ian's half and have slight interludes with him.

Reactions: Tiago Patrício
Jun 1, 2017
Is there an option for Ian to break up with Lena? Or is it always Lena breaking up? e.g. after Ian vs Robert or after Ian and Lena fight over StalkFap.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
No I'm saying that Lena/Ian was most likely the primary idea to make this game. It truly feels that is the reason every other LI (besides Holly) all have massive red flags to try and lead players towards this pairing.
They're both the protagonists, so yeah they're obviously the main focus of the storyline. I just don't think Eva ever intended them not to have the option never to get together as a couple. Whether they do or they don't, both their stories are inextricably entwined, and they end up in some form of relationship, even if it's just as friends.

That's the nature of being a protagonist, virtually everything in a storyline is focused on you. And this game is viewed solely through the eyes of it's protagonists. We know for instance on some playthroughs, that Alison had a threesome with Jeremy and Billy during their trip, but we never get to see it, apart from a short video clip that Jeremy may send to Ian, because Ian wasn't there. If the protagonists don't see something, we don't see it either, even if we're aware that it happened. All the other characters in the game, are just extensions of Ian and Lena's story, because we never see any part of the game from their viewpoint.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Is there an option for Ian to break up with Lena? Or is it always Lena breaking up? e.g. after Ian vs Robert or after Ian and Lena fight over StalkFap.
With Stalkfap, they only stay together if Lena acknowledges she was at fault, not to take Ian's feelings into account. If she doesn't, it's Ian who effectively breaks up with her.

Reactions: bleachedturtle

oohhh

Mar 29, 2022
been playing this game since last year ....
havent seen sex scene route with Stan ....

am i missing some choices ?

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
They're both the protagonists, so yeah they're obviously the main focus of the storyline. I just don't think Eva ever intended them not to have the option never to get together as a couple. Whether they do or they don't, both their stories are inextricably entwined, and they end up in some form of relationship, even if it's just as friends.
Hence the title of the game. "Our Red String" is referencing the red string of fate, from various Asian cultures, that ties Ian and Lena together, and how their string(s) is weaved in and tangled with the strings of all of their friends.

I've written on it a long time ago, I think around chapter 8 at this point, but to quite literally quote myself.
The title is a reference to the Red String of Fate, an ancient Chinese or Japanese (I don't remember which) belief that people who are destined to find love and marry each other are bound by an invisible red cord. The cord can become tangled and bind with other cords, but will never break, so these cords can create a great web of fate at times. Hence why all these characters lives are interconnected and they seemingly keep running into each other even when they don't plan too.

We're seeing a snapshot of Lena and Ian's lives. Perhaps they have a red cord that binds them, or perhaps their red cords just got tangled with each other the night they met in that ally. How we play them will likely determine that, but for now they are bound by fate to at least be near each other.

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018

Work on the last part of Chapter 12 continues. This weeks I've been writing, amongst others, some texting scenes between Ian and two members of the female cast. Can you guess who? I've also been working on some drawings, and I've been finalizing some images. Some are new, but others are drawings I already did that are being re-purposed for this new setting.

Reusing art assets is something most VNs do to save resources and time, since creating each image takes a lot of time, even when you use a simplistic approach like the one used for ORS. That seems about to change with the arrival of AI, but that's a topic for another time... Making little modifications like changing the scenery, clothes or expressions, or even the lighting, can reframe the image into another setting without having to draw everything from scratch again. After all, how many images of Ian and Lena in a missionary position do we need? (still a few more, but I'd rather save them for new highlights in future scenes).

I've always tried to reuse assets very sparingly, for minor scenes like kisses, or swapping a character for another one in the same drawing for scenes that could happen in different paths, but I started using it more heavily in recent chapters. I felt quite hesitant about it at first, but I think it lets me create more expansive scenes that would be cut-short otherwise. The moment that made me decide to take this route was Cindy's last lewd scene in the Tournament update. I knew I wanted to include an intimate moment between Ian and Cindy that would advance the plot of their emotional, and physical relationship, but I didn't have time to create an entire set of illustrations for that scene (and I tend to be especially meticulous with Cindy's drawings). My first idea was to start the scene in media res, that way I could show only the plot point and player interaction that was relevant, but it felt quite underwhelming. But now I have a ton of Cindy illustrations, that cover a lot of poses and actions...
I'm creating a visual novel, after all, and I relized that aside the little graphical changes I could do to the image, the most powerful tool to reframe the context of the illustration is the writing. I hope the text can give the re-used asset a new context, or use it to enable a more fluid scene that couldn't happen without the proper visual support. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could accomplish this without reusing any images... but I also think some of them turned out too beautiful to just show them once :p
In any case, this is one of the compromises I take to push the development of this project. I know it's not ideal and I hope you're not too bothered by it, but hopefully this will allow me time to focus on creating new and more interesting images instead of drawing the same basic poses again and again.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Bro Perry, PISS OFF! We do not need you gawking at Lena during this potential Ian Lena scene. Go hide in Emma's closet or whatever the fuck you do off screen at the beach.
View attachment 3701591
I always find it funny when the sprites are just standing there reacting.

Please let us play as Lena, I would so enjoy letting her be a tease while only Holly could actually do anything with her. :devilish:

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes