2016er

Jun 20, 2017
Yes there is, but EvaKiss was not interested in doing it, that's why Lena has many more options than Ian in the story, that's why I always have the feeling that Lena is the protagonist and Ian is a sub-protagonist in the story, not even the tattoos, it would be seen male with a tattoo of two cherubs on his nipples? :unsure: :LOL:
Women usually spend lots of money on trivial stuff anyway ,tattoo, newer clothes for each season, new shoes, financial "liberation" of women that's why a big startegic victory for consumerism.
Don't know it's intentional or not but the game gets it right (if you consider Lena and Ian are average middle class young adult)

Reactions: Leongen43

2016er

Jun 20, 2017
Ian in my game has literally 2 coins in his pocket, and this is only because he won the pool game bet early on and didn't give up on the stipend from dad.If he did, he'd be very much broke right now. So, no, i can't say i share this view that he is "always swimming in cash", it definitely doesn't feel like it.

For the record, Ian's options to spend money:

* paying for drinks during date with Cindy in Ch.3 ($1)
* bribing the bouncer in Ch.5 ($1)
* trip with Alison in Ch.9 ($2)
* footing the bill during date with Alison in Ch.9 ($1)
* clothes in Ch.9-10 ($1 per outfit, up to $4 total)
* access to Lena's Stalkfap Pro in Ch.10 ($1)
* good wine for Alison date in Ch.10 ($1)
* trying to pay for sex with bad Jess in Ch.10 ($1)
* tournament fee in Ch.11 ($1)
Well, I played the game till Ch.10 and my canon Ian chapter ends with 6 coin.

>I understand that as I haven't taken Alison path, I saved like 4+ coins.
>Didn't subscribed to Lena's stalkfap either.
>Avoided Bad Jessica as well.
>I also didn't remember bribing the bouncer.

Probably only spent money on Cindy's drink.
And purchase only 2 clothes so save 2 coins there as well.

Although, I refuses to take any more financial help from father after upgrading the job, which cost me some money.

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Women usually spend lots of money on trivial stuff anyway ,tattoo, newer clothes for each season, new shoes, financial "liberation" of women that's why a big startegic victory for consumerism.
Don't know it's intentional or not but the game gets it right (if you consider Lena and Ian are average middle class young adult)
One piece of advice: never tell a woman that her expenses are trivial because if you do you better run for your life :LOL: :LOL:. Besides, nowadays men also have these types of expenses and I know it because I have them, if you want her to like you. For women, it is always useful for you to make an investment in yourself to improve your appearance and for them to notice you, because the first thing they are going to see is your exterior and if you are lucky, your interior and if you are luckier your bed or the part behind your car whichever comes first;);):love:

2016er

Jun 20, 2017
One piece of advice: never tell a woman that her expenses are trivial because if you do you better run for your life :LOL: :LOL:. Besides, nowadays men also have these types of expenses and I know it because I have them, if you want her to like you. For women, it is always useful for you to make an investment in yourself to improve your appearance and for them to notice you, because the first thing they are going to see is your exterior and if you are lucky, your interior and if you are luckier, your bed or the part behind your car whichever comes first;);):love:
I also believe lifestyle difference is a reason between spending imparity between Ian and Lena in this story.
Ian is a very average officer worker, realistically where should he spend money? His wit is much more important asset with which he could overcome his competitors.

Lena meanwhile trying to get money by her sexual appeal that's why she needs hotter dress, tattoos, sex toys etc etc to one up her competitors.

Has Ian have a different background, let say he is from a broken family or like he is a member of biker gang where he is under constant peer pressure to have new tattoos, new leather jacket to match the trend...then the things would be different

Reactions: Leongen43

2016er

Jun 20, 2017
Honestly good question. I feel like Ian is always swimming in cash, because he has far less to spend money on. Like Lena has Tattoos, Navel Piercing, Sex Toys, Clothes, very expensive clothes, a gift for Ivy, sending money to parents, and rent.

Ian has... Rent? Clothes in chapter 6, his summer outfit is free, and then the fighting tournament and pool he can win money on. So fireworks in Chapter 12 prologue is like his first frivolous spending; I guess wine for Allison, or drinks for Cindy, but those are only on two specific routes, not just generally.
I wish There was an option where if Ian saves enough, he could move to a different apartment of his own, so that he can bang Cindy behind Wade's back how much he want without fearing of getting caught by Perry.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: axy2 and tbs9090

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Lena meanwhile trying to get money by her sexual appeal that's why she needs hotter dress, tattoos, sex toys etc etc to one up her competitors.
No guy in this game refuses Lena. She can get everyone without any effort (closest restriction is if she has low lust, so she needs to convince herself rather than the guy). Outfits, the posh set and tatoos may get a compliment here and there, but are worthless in the grand scheme of things, Lena doesn't miss out any male content. There is no competition, Lena never misses out on a man because she didn't spend enough money on herself. It would be entirely in the hand of the player if Ian choses another woman over her.
The one who has to win the other sex over is Ian, he needs to pick the right answers, dress up and spend money.

Reactions: axy2 and tbs9090

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Lena and Holly will be your decision which path they will follow and in the case of Ivy for me she is a beautiful and independent woman who may be able to establish a relationship with Ian, but if you are right about Ivy do you think she would accept discount coupons from the supermarket for sex? :unsure: :LOL:
I ask because it seems some members don't have much money with Ian :LOL: :LOL:
You cracked the code,the reason Ivy and Ian never had sex is because he never offered some Walmart discount coupons.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
No guy in this game refuses Lena. She can get everyone without any effort (closest restriction is if she has low lust, so she needs to convince herself rather than the guy). Outfits, the posh set and tatoos may get a compliment here and there, but are worthless in the grand scheme of things, Lena doesn't miss out any male content. There is no competition, Lena never misses out on a man because she didn't spend enough money on herself. It would be entirely in the hand of the player if Ian choses another woman over her.
The one who has to win the other sex over is Ian, he needs to pick the right answers, dress up and spend money.
Wow is almost like to have a chad Ian you have to bullshit your way in to the game with tricks and save scumming.
How many of you struggled with the tourney mini game?:KEK:
Ian is a loser simp cuck,thats the canon route,every other route is a fever dream.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
It makes sense that Lena has more customisation over Ian, women dress up more and it's more fun to dress them up for the mayority of the players. GGGB proved it and in Lena's case it just does it again successfully.

The issue is that the money system is largely wasted on Ian. He only needs it for rent and presents. The former is no issue as of now, the latter could be utilized much more often. By contrast, Lena works constantly in different places with different people (restaurant, cafe, modeling, art, stalkfap, Seymour, bar, music, later on Mike and Billy) and her payment is linked with the plot and character progression. Ian has the two big projects that likely give him once a boon (tournament, book), his main job is never in trouble (it should have been after chapter 9 Seymour, but that turned out to be a dud).

Just as with everything, the Lena content is given more attention than the Ian content and it just gets worse if nothing changes.

Reactions: tbs9090

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
It makes sense that Lena has more customisation over Ian, women dress up more and it's more fun to dress them up for the mayority of the players. GGGB proved it and in Lena's case it just does it again successfully.

The issue is that the money system is largely wasted on Ian. He only needs it for rent and presents. The former is no issue as of now, the latter could be utilized much more often. By contrast, Lena works constantly in different places with different people (restaurant, cafe, modeling, art, stalkfap, Seymour, bar, music, later on Mike and Billy) and her payment is linked with the plot and character progression. Ian has the two big projects that likely give him once a boon (tournament, book), his main job is never in trouble (it should have been after chapter 9 Seymour, but that turned out to be a dud).

Just as with everything, the Lena content is given more attention than the Ian content and it just gets worse if nothing changes.
I don't disagree with you all that Lena is given more customization options, but regarding who runs out of cash, I'm just not having that same experience. It's purely play preferences.

My Ian runs out of money constantly: Wins pool bets. Never takes cash from Dad, gets three of four outfits, buys presents/fireworks/wine. Goes halfsies with Perry on food for vacation.

My Lena's got cash to spare: Does OF. Works for Seymour until he forces the vibe. Donates to her parents each time. Buys 2/4 outfits (the Charisma and Sporty outfits look lame, so she avoids). Gets Ivy a shitty gift, cause fuck that bitch. Gets every damn sex toy. No tats or belly ring because they're trashy, or luxurious dress since I don't want her posh, though she could still afford several of them with excess cash in her bank.

Lena in my playthroughs still makes far more than Ian and buys far more items with it, mainly for herself, while having quite a lot of spare cash should something interesting pop up. And I never feel as if I have to watch my cash with her or that I'm limited. Where Ian is scraping lint for pocket change with his few purchases, having to use what little cash he has a bunch more for relationship maintenance and will points (gained from financial independence from Daddy), which he runs out of constantly too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ffive

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
I don't disagree with you all that Lena is given more customization options, but regarding who runs out of cash, I'm just not having that same experience. It's purely play preferences.

My Ian runs out of money constantly: Wins pool bets. Never takes cash from Dad, gets three of four outfits, buys presents/fireworks/wine. Goes halfsies with Perry on food for vacation.

My Lena's got cash to spare: Does OF. Works for Seymour until he forces the vibe. Donates to her parents each time. Buys 2/4 outfits (the Charisma and Sporty outfits look lame, so she avoids). Gets Ivy a shitty gift, cause fuck that bitch. Gets every damn sex toy. No tats or belly ring because they're trashy, or luxurious dress since I don't want her posh, though she could still afford several of them with excess cash in her bank.

Lena in my playthroughs still makes far more than Ian and buys far more items with it, mainly for herself, while having quite a lot of spare cash should something interesting pop up. And I never feel as if I have to watch my cash with her or that I'm limited. Where Ian is scraping lint for pocket change with his few purchases.
Aside from Will/Chad points, taking money from dad doesn't seem to do anything, so its free money. Outfits barely do anything either, the charisma one is usually all I buy so that the people around Ian (Alison, Minerva) aren't pissed of that he doesn't dress for the occasion. You buy three outfits for Ian but neglect the tatoos and the dress, guess what costs the most money?!

Lena buying everything is tricky without Seymour. Its doable when exploiting Stan and the cafe and not helping her parents, but the restriction is far more noticable with different playstyles.

Did a money run with Lena once (and Ian got no money): https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-ch-12-prologue-full-eva-kiss.48813/post-11217024
Pretty funny to end up with 43 money, selling Seymours gift just to let it be retrieved by him later.

Regardless: Ian gets less money and uses less money, Lena gets more money and can/must spend more money. My point stands that gameplay and storywise, Lena is given much more than Ian.

Reactions: tbs9090 and ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The only thing Ian has to do is to show interest (or in some cases accept the girl's advances, hi Alison and Holly) because that's what his "right answers" boil down to. Just like Lena, in fact.

Fellas

Jun 7, 2021
That's pretty inaccurate -- for one, the game records which exact response the player selected in that choice, so it's not as if only one of them is guaranteed to produces different results (in future installments) The actual results produced by these options are currently yet unknown.

And second, the heart option additionally resets the flag v3_gillian_stop which is set by Ian deleting Gillian's pictures early on. While the "i've made my peace" option which requires this variable to be enabled leaves it intact. Given these facts, it makes more sense for the heart option to be a late entry point for Gillian's route for the players who initially opted out of it, while "made peace" option simply delegates Ian who reinforced his early choice to the "friendzone" with Gillian, and any meeting with her in this setup is just like the friendly coffee you can have with good Jess.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes! All signs lead to a potential Gillian route. While in cheating Lena path, Jeremy blatantly tells Ian that she isn't girlfriend material as she still hung up on Axel and guys in the bar talk a lot about her. And if Ian thanked Jeremy for the info he reflects that his eerie feelings is true (don't know if it is about Lena cheating cus I can recall Ian never having a dialogue about worrying Lena being unfaithful so I take that eerie feelings as his feelings towards Lena decaying since he encountered Gillian again was justified).

So we got Ian knowing Lena's affair, him not moving on from Gillian, and him knowing the Gillian's potential boyfriend Mike's affair. The Gillian path has never been more clear to me until now. But I'm afraid Ian won't be seeing Gillian anytime soon as the next chapter will cover the vacation.:(

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I wish There was an option where if Ian saves enough, he could move to a different apartment of his own, so that he can bang Cindy behind Wade's back how much he want without fearing of getting caught by Perry.
That sounds like it's coming in a future update. He's mentioned it twice in the last few chapters that he'd like to save enough money to move out. Or if he has quite a bit of money, that he almost has enough to move out.

Was it actually said at any point this amateur tournament is supposed to come with any rewards, that aren't at best a trophy and an energetic handshake? Since EK said this whole subquest was purely optional, i feel doubt it's going to bring anything that'd considerably skew the balance of things in the long run -- if Ian had to participate and do well in order to afford things down the road then it'd make things quite far from optional. So i don't see this resulting in any big income spike.

The promotion is similarly not something i'd bank much on. It's still a relatively low level job, and it might come with something like +1 salary increase (or maybe slightly higher, but that's getting counter-balanced by high rents if Ian is serious about moving out and getting his own place) and nowhere near what one can get paid to prance around naked and stick vibrators in one's orifices for exclusive amusement of a rich old pervert.
I suppose it wasn't said outright in the game no. I was just applying real world logic to the game, that usually fight winners win money from their fights. So perhaps there is a chance the Ian walks away from the tournament with nothing more than an "Atta boy" and a pat on the back. I'd be curious though what Eva could add to the pot that would make winning the tournament worth the effort if a big money payout isn't involved in some way. Winning the Tournament seems like the easiest way to have enough money to afford the aforementioned move out it sounds like he is planning.

Last edited:

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022

Lena in my playthroughs still makes far more than Ian and buys far more items with it, mainly for herself, while having quite a lot of spare cash should something interesting pop up. And I never feel as if I have to watch my cash with her or that I'm limited. Where Ian is scraping lint for pocket change with his few purchases, having to use what little cash he has a bunch more for relationship maintenance and will points (gained from financial independence from Daddy), which he runs out of constantly too.
Something similar happens to me but I come to buy the necessary things that I need but I always have little money and the same thing happens to me with Lena if I don't accept Seymour's offer and don't steal at work, it's as if EvaKiss told you that being a whore would get you makes life easier than being an honest worker, if Agnes made Ian an offer would they accept and what would Lena think if she saw Ian doing the same thing as her? :unsure: :LOL: :LOL: :unsure:

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
The only thing Ian has to do is to show interest (or in some cases accept the girl's advances, hi Alison and Holly) because that's what his "right answers" boil down to. Just like Lena, in fact.
I give you Lena, Holly and maybe Alison, the other 5 options aren't gotten automatically.

- Lena is the easiest since you control her as well (possible to screw up if you let Ian date several girls).
- Holly points require some wit or charisma, though it may be possible to be invited to the book fair just by meeting her as much as possible?
- Alison can be screwed up if you stay with Perry and Cherry, new players don't necessarily overcome the following charisma check.
- Cherry requires 2/3 points which requires remembering a line from her and wit/charisma. Also lust, though it was a bit decreased a while ago? Still, if you don't pull of the one-night-stand, her route is blocked. Also, you are blocked afterwards just by telling her that you are smitten with her.
- Emma requires a high lust check thats difficult to achieve if Ian isn't fucking multiple girls and/or hording the lust levels (which are slightly rarer than the charisma/wits ones).
- Minerva requires to antagonize her and a high charisma/wit check.
- Cindy requires high charisma/wit skills to appease her, its very easy to lose points or end a date with one wrong answer.
- Bad Jess can be very easily pissed multiple ways.

4.60 star(s) 324 Votes