Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I know Holly is bi-sexual, as she loves Ian and Lena, but I wonder what happens beyond closed doors with Minerva, after Ian gone over to Seymour to work, it felt somewhat weird when Minerva called Holly in private, which made me think what if Minerva always liked Holly because Holly gave her something naughty and made Minerva felt somewhat loved.
I think Minerva just feels very protective of Holly, similar to how Lena and Ian can be, even if they don't establish any romantic feelings. Holly doesn't have poker face whatsoever, so if there was anything going on between her and Minerva you'd see a lot of stuttering and blushing on Holly's part whenever they appear together in a scene.
EK ever explains why Holly is stuck in that shit job while Ian is jumping to better things in hieroplant?
I honestly never pay attention to that geek Holly storyline.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
EK ever explains why Holly is stuck in that shit job while Ian is jumping to better things in hieroplant?
I got the impression that Holly was doing it as a job to fill in the gaps between her novel's publishing. So she isn't really looking to get a promotion as she's already an established writer.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Maybe she mentioned one time that she does it for the experience? She may also love the job and Minerva is suggested to be a good mentor/role-model for her.
Its also unclear how famous she is and how much money she earns exactly. One good book isn't enough for the rest of your live (usually), you need a regular job as well.

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
I got the impression that Holly was doing it as a job to fill in the gaps between her novel's publishing. So she isn't really looking to get a promotion as she's already an established writer.
The game gives the impression that she is successful at least as a genre writer, plus still living with her parents her overhead would seem to be quite low even assuming she pays them room and board. OTOH a first time author doesn't make that much so lets say she moved 10,000 copies of her book she would make ~$18K.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
The game gives the impression that she is successful at least as a genre writer, plus still living with her parents her overhead would seem to be quite low even assuming she pays them room and board. OTOH a first time author doesn't make that much so lets say she moved 10,000 copies of her book she would make ~$18K.
First of all Holly never expected or focused on being succesfull as writer, she explains that to Ian who is proud of her and wish he was in her place, but still she managed to win a competition and her book became famous, but that doesn't make her suddenly rich, I know real writers and to earn a decent living as writer you need constant writing new books, hope they also succesfull and then you can finaly start living from the incomes, a lot of the money from books goes to developers and printing and only a small commission go to the writer, ofcourse the more books you sell the higher your commission will be. Being writer isn't a luxurious live for most writers, and with only one book she still will have to work somewhere or be married to some rich guy who can support her untill she has multiple bestselling books and can depend on those and with luck keep writing more books aslong she doesn't get burned up on inspiration.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
It says in her bio that she does the internship to help earn her college degree.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't get it myself but that's what it says
Yea I read that too, but she never talks about going college or such, unlike Louise does, it kinda weird. Because eventualy she spend a lot on book signings and during week on her internship, where stays the time to go college then.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xupuzulla

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Holly is already one accomplished writer, but she wants to study in a work environ different to what it means for already well known writers to write the books that sell.

You can be a writer and do quite well, she goes to book fares, she has a following, she is there, of course she is not New York Times best seller - that would mean she needs and has literally nothing to live for more than being at the top .. .there are still things she strives for tho, like having a normal life, not just a faceless writer for people to read.
First of all Holly never expected or focused on being succesfull as writer, she explains that to Ian who is proud of her and wish he was in her place, but still she managed to win a competition and her book became famous, but that doesn't make her suddenly rich, I know real writers and to earn a decent living as writer you need constant writing new books, hope they also succesfull and then you can finaly start living from the incomes, a lot of the money from books goes to developers and printing and only a small commission go to the writer, ofcourse the more books you sell the higher your commission will be. Being writer isn't a luxurious live for most writers, and with only one book she still will have to work somewhere or be married to some rich guy who can support her untill she has multiple bestselling books and can depend on those and with luck keep writing more books aslong she doesn't get burned up on inspiration.
Her bio speciffically reads:
Her devoted fan base ...
Her Books (many books she has written and published)
are now gaining quite a following.

Maybe she mentioned one time that she does it for the experience? She may also love the job and Minerva is suggested to be a good mentor/role-model for her.
Its also unclear how famous she is and how much money she earns exactly. One good book isn't enough for the rest of your live (usually), you need a regular job as well.
It says in her bio that she does the internship to help earn her college degree.
I don't get it myself but that's what it says
Even accomplished writers want to finish their education, regardless of their actual skill at making money.
Just as any employee yearning for a diploma even after doing the job they want.

Yea I read that too, but she never talks about going college or such, unlike Louise does, it kinda weird. Because eventualy she spend a lot on book signings and during week on her internship, where stays the time to go college then.
Many accomplished writers do not earn anything other than recognition, no stipend and stuff like you see in the movies or all the made up bs you read about everywhere.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Holly is already one accomplished writer, but she wants to study in a work environ different to what it means for already well known writers to write the books that sell.

You can be a writer and do quite well, she goes to book fares, she has a following, she is there, of course she is not New York Times best seller - that would mean she needs and has literally nothing to live for more than being at the top .. .there are still things she strives for tho, like having a normal life, not just a faceless writer for people to read.

Her bio speciffically reads:
Her devoted fan base ...

Even accomplished writers want to finish their education, regardless of their actual skill at making money.
Just as any employee yearning for a diploma even after doing the job they want.

Many accomplished writers do not earn anything other than recognition, no stipend and stuff like you see in the movies or all the made up bs you read about everywhere.
Yes but somewhat her Bio doesn't feel in line with how she talks, they mention only one book all the time, and that she writing a sequel of that book with one character having a bigger role in it. And she says she has many free books at her home and will give Ian one of them, which again was that one book she speaks most of, it would be nice to hear other titles too, because it sound so weird with mention only one title and having a bio mention more books. Not to forget that the one title was also the book winning the competition.

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
Yeah the numbers I gave are typical for authors who are traditionally not self published in the US which is about $1.80 per book sold. A first time author might get an advance but that would only be about $10K, and obviously the author wouldn't start making royalties till after 10K was paid off. There is also the question of what her level of success is if she hit #10 on the US fantasy weekly bestseller's list that would around 30k books moved in a week.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Slick Bean

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Yes but somewhat her Bio doesn't feel in line with how she talks, they mention only one book all the time, and that she writing a sequel of that book with one character having a bigger role in it. And she says she has many free books at her home and will give Ian one of them, which again was that one book she speaks most of, it would be nice to hear other titles too, because it sound so weird with mention only one title and having a bio mention more books.
Holly is in her shell .. she will not go about opening up about work, her work, as Minerva is keeping everyone in their shells all the time, so Holly is basically doing herself all the disservice in the whole wide world working in such a horrid work environ she does not even need or want, but she feels like she could endure some more for her internship to get done and for her to finally get outta this hell.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Holly is in her shell .. she will not go about opening up about work, her work, as Minerva is keeping everyone in their shells all the time, so Holly is basically doing herself all the disservice in the whole wide world working in such a horrid work environ she does not even need or want, but she feels like she could endure some more for her internship to get done and for her to finally get outta this hell.
No, Minerva treats Holly well, likes and promoes her and gives her the best tasks. It's just Ian she sabotages and who she delegates the shit work to.

Her devoted fan base ...
Thats vague. How large is her fan base, is it only local or national or world wide?

It fits more that she has moderately success, but her sole book alone wouldn't cut it, she needs to write more.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
No, Minerva treats Holly well, likes and promoes her and gives her the best tasks. It's just Ian she sabotages and who she delegates the shit work to.

Thats vague. How large is her fan base, is it only local or national or world wide?

It fits more that she has moderately success, but her sole book alone wouldn't cut it, she needs to write more.
The bio tells you point blank:
Holly still has her book writing gig totally separate from her internship - Minaerva is promoting Holly as she is not giving Holly anything, Holly is just a lonely intern who does whatever she has to do in order to get her degree, totally soul sucking work, precisely how Ian is feeling.

Ian, in comparison, he has no other writing gig to fall back on, Holly already has a well paying confy job as a writer for somebody else than Minerva.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
The bio tells you point blank:
Only that Hollys book is independant from her job. The rest is your interpretation/speculation. Where is it stated that Minerva denies Holly work opportunities? The opposite is stated, that Holly gets the best tasks and praise. Holly states that she likes the work and doesn't consider it boring (since she doesn't get the boring work and isn't daily demoralized by Minerva like Ian).
It isn't stated that Holly earns so much with her publicer that she doesn't need any other job. Especially if we consider long term. Even if her first book gave her money in four if not five digits, that won't be enough money to live for the rest of her life.

Reactions: ffive and GokutheG

2016er

Jun 20, 2017
Lola's approval is the most satisfying thing in this game for me and I just recently figured how to gain it. In all my prior playthroughs, I always went for Cindy but in this one I tried to help Wade out. It seems Lola could always sense my treacherous nature before but not this time. Lola>Cindy. Lola is best girl! She is so goddamn cute!
I wish just for you, there's a ending where even if you (Ian) and lena broke up, lola ran away from Lena's house and became your cat

• Red Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: | Vee | and varpep

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1703536931062.png
Only that Hollys book is independant from her job. The rest is your interpretation/speculation. Where is it stated that Minerva denies Holly work opportunities? The opposite is stated, that Holly gets the best tasks and praise. Holly states that she likes the work and doesn't consider it boring (since she doesn't get the boring work and isn't daily demoralized by Minerva like Ian).
It isn't stated that Holly earns so much with her publicer that she doesn't need any other job. Especially if we consider long term. Even if her first book gave her money in four if not five digits, that won't be enough money to live for the rest of her life.
Point taken, yet we know for a fact she has another paying job and that job is all the rage.
Ian only has this job and he is being bullied and belittled by Minerva in it.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
A different angle on the question "Why is Holly working for Minerva when she is a successfull writer?" is that her second book could fail and without employment and further education she has no income. Holly is doubtfull of her abilities, so not relying on her second book would be in-character.

Since Eva adores Holly and everyone (Victor, her publisher, her fans) expect that her second book will be a success, I wager that Holly stays successfull, if only as a reward for her shitty privat life.

Branching from that, another topic occured to me. GGGB was great in giving extremely diverse endings. Characters could end up very successfull, but also get devastating fates. Arthur could be a millionair or die in prison, Eva could have the love of her life or commit suicide or be imprisoned, Jessica could redeem herself and be in a happy relationship or end up as a drug addicted prostitute unable to get her life together.

Currently I doubt that ORS manages to make such diverse developments and endings for its characters. Holly seems to be set up for success regardless if Ian and Lena care for her or not. She can get them as partners or even Mark, Marcel, Clark or Stan if the player doesn't link her with Ian or Lena. There is no currently no indication that she could end up broken because she was cheated on and she could fail in her career. Maybe her next books are shit if she is abused or is too busy fucking around, but there is no indication that this could be the case, the sexual empowerment is suggested to be good for her.

Its similar with Ivy. Jessica had highs and lows, flaws. Ivy seems successfull in her career and there is no indication that she has issues with men and relationships. Its hinted once or twice, but unless we get some drastic reveals and twists, I don't see Ivy ending up poor, drug addicted and alone. Even if Lena and Ian shun her, she is still successfull at Blazer, the gym, Stalkfap, and likely with Billy.

I have the impression Eva likes her characters too much and doesn't give them hardships like in GGGB.

4.60 star(s) 324 Votes