SidheCurious

May 11, 2019
I'm loving the game so far, I can't wait for it to be completed! I am getting an error though in chapter 12, after Lena comes to the beach house and is in the guest room with Ian. I assume it's to do with the fact that there's just no content there, but I'm not sure. If I click ignore, it just comes with more errors.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/story/chapter_12c.rpy", line 494, in <module>
NameError: name 'wits' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/story/chapter_11_epilogue.rpyc", line 4905, in script call
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "scripts/story/chapter_12_mma_tournament.rpyc", line 731, in script call
  File "scripts/story/chapter_12_mma_tournament.rpyc", line 3951, in script call
  File "scripts/story/chapter_12c.rpyc", line 494, in script call
  File "scripts/gui/custom/custom_screens.rpyc", line 152, in script
  File "C:\Users\oniou\Downloads\Stuff\OurRedString-v12.3_BETA-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1710, in execute
    args, kwargs = self.arguments.evaluate()
  File "C:\Users\oniou\Downloads\Stuff\OurRedString-v12.3_BETA-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 342, in evaluate
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "C:\Users\oniou\Downloads\Stuff\OurRedString-v12.3_BETA-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\oniou\Downloads\Stuff\OurRedString-v12.3_BETA-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Our Red String v12.3_BETA
Mon Aug 12 21:54:21 2024

Da¥e

Jan 7, 2020
I'm loving the game so far, I can't wait for it to be completed! I am getting an error though in chapter 12, after Lena comes to the beach house and is in the guest room with Ian. I assume it's to do with the fact that there's just no content there, but I'm not sure. If I click ignore, it just comes with more errors.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "scripts/story/chapter_12c.rpyc", line 494, in script call
  File "scripts/gui/custom/custom_screens.rpyc", line 152, in script
  File "C:\Users\oniou\Downloads\Stuff\OurRedString-v12.3_BETA-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1710, in execute
    args, kwargs = self.arguments.evaluate()
  File "C:\Users\oniou\Downloads\Stuff\OurRedString-v12.3_BETA-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 342, in evaluate
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "C:\Users\oniou\Downloads\Stuff\OurRedString-v12.3_BETA-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\oniou\Downloads\Stuff\OurRedString-v12.3_BETA-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Our Red String v12.3_BETA
Mon Aug 12 21:54:21 2024
That's why it's called the beta. Is already fixed and will be implemented in the final build. Just click ignore until the game continues.

PilotLara

Jan 16, 2019
Alright, i see. You have a dirty cheater Ian who has decided to keep cheating, and it kinda slipped through the game's main switch cracks.

PilotLara seems there's a bug here that can mess up branching:
Python:
## IAN LENA COUPLE
# IAN LENA PURE
if ian_lena_couple and ian_lena_crisis == False and gillian_stop and ian_cindy_sex == False and ian_cheating != 2:
// ...
# IAN LENA COUPLE CRISIS
elif (ian_lena_couple and ian_lena_crisis) or (ian_lena_couple and ian_cindy_sex) or (ian_lena_couple and gillian_stop == False):
// ...
## IAN LENA CASUAL
else:
// ...
the second clause doesn't include or (ian_lena_couple and ian_cheating == 2) that'd prevent the pure branch from firing, which causes this particular scenario (ian_lena_couple == true, ian_lena_crisis == false, gillian_stop == true, ian_cindy_sex == false and ian_cheating == 2) to fall through to "ian lena casual" branch, instead of "couple crisis" branch.

Additionally, this is not a bug, but the "pure" branch can be potentially entered while Lena has re-lapsed to affair with Axel in Ch.12 without Ian knowing. (with crisis flag false and Ian fully committed) Because this is secret from Ian this is fine, but there's no text variations in that branch to account for Lena being seemingly "cold" and distracted, the way the game handles this scenario earlier in the episode. Might be worth looking into, idk.
I believe this was already addressed by Eva in the source code. I'll report the second part.
Screenshot 2024-08-13 150012.png

Reactions: ffive

123yhs

Oct 18, 2019
What do we think we will get for Lena scenes in her part of the chapter? Im hoping for something crazy on the seymour trip or an invite from axel if she is not going.

Reactions: Balsamic
4.60 star(s) 320 Votes