DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Agree with most of this, except nobody can top Ivy in my view of worst person in the game. She's just toxic.

My issue with Louise is she is just an absolute bottomless pit of emotional need. I've had some experience with people like that and it invariably turns suffocating and painful. A few people have given her the benefit of the doubt since we mostly see her in a damaged state after Jeremy, but the thing is, we see some of it even before the breakup. Her relationship with Jeremy is entirely one sided, from what we've seen of him I don't think for a second he's even trying to act like he's in love with her or anything, and yet she seems to think they have this deep connection.

People like her can become downright scary, trust me on that.
I could agree with you about Louise, in some circumstances. But the comment about Ivy I can't let stand. 'Worst person in the game'? Seriously?

Ivy is a very sexy woman who knows what she wants. Some people just can't handle that.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
I could agree with you about Louise, in some circumstances. But the comment about Ivy I can't let stand. 'Worst person in the game'? Seriously?

Ivy is a very sexy woman who knows what she wants. Some people just can't handle that.
I'm going to assume you are kidding here, but it's hard to tell sometimes. On the off chance you're being serious and trying to paint me as some sort of sexist, well you can just fuck right off with that noise.

Ivy is a terrible friend (Lena, multiple examples), who views the people around her as playthings (Holly), has no trouble with taunting an emotionally vulnerable and wounded person (Louise), and makes snide comments about people taking her class (Minerva).

She is a shallow, conceited, utterly toxic individual, and it has nothing to do with my being unable to handle a sexy woman who knows what she wants.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Interestingly, after finishing Arcane, I started liking Louise much more, and I realize that from her perspective Lena is kinda a shitty friend if you think about it because she never includes Louise in the fun unless she's dating Jeremy. I can't imagine how lonely and abandoned she must feel whenever Lena goes to have fun with girls, or has another date with Ian, etc, but Louise has to stay at home with the person she despises. Granted, I don't think she's fair to Stan, because he only acted inappropriately with Lena's encouragement and lack of personal boundaries. With Louise, he simply wouldn't dare to be a perv. But it's besides the point because Louise didn't spend enough time with him to trust him so it's still stressful for her. I know to Lena it might seem that Louise is overly needy, but had she spent some time with her when she's free, maybe Louise wouldn't complain that Lena prefers spending time with every other person in her life but never thinks about her. I'm actually surprised that Louise has taken so long to explode with frustration. Lena can show support for Stan who feels shy being around his flatmates. Likewise, it would be very nice of her to check up on Louise from time to time and also take her whenever she goes out to have fun with someone. Or hell, they live together, plenty of opportunities to do something without even going anywhere.

That said, I agree with Echbert who said that it would be good if we were shown more often Louise's positive sides instead of needy, jealous and judgmental ones. As of now, whenever Lena can rely on Louise, she acts very clueless and doesn't know how to deal with anything which makes us think that she's not the best person to come for advice. But even if she doesn't have a lot of wisdom, she might have her strengths. They have the potential to be as close as sisters if Lena didn't act like an inconsiderate cold bitch half the time.
All I’ll say is that I find the Lena/Louise sex scenes very hot, especially the dom versions, and I do hope it leads to a real romance path. I really like Louise. I was upset that in the last chapter Lena turned her down.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I'm going to assume you are kidding here, but it's hard to tell sometimes. On the off chance you're being serious and trying to paint me as some sort of sexist, well you can just fuck right off with that noise.

Ivy is a terrible friend (Lena, multiple examples), who views the people around her as playthings (Holly), has no trouble with taunting an emotionally vulnerable and wounded person (Louise), and makes snide comments about people taking her class (Minerva).

She is a shallow, conceited, utterly toxic individual, and it has nothing to do with my being unable to handle a sexy woman who knows what she wants.
LOL, so she scared you?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: mr.AwesomeGameTaste

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
As Solomon correctly pointed out, she behaves in a similar way before the injury, she herself sticks and becomes unnecessarily attached to people. And if Lena gives her support, which can be misunderstood, Jeremy is simply obviously hook-ups with no strings attached. Only she does not see this in their relationship. This does not mean that she does not deserve sympathy, but the fact is that people like her themselves create these problems and turn it into a disaster
I wasn't even talking about Jeremy. Only about Lena's "friendship" with Louise. They barely talk, they don't hang out (not as often as she does with Holly or Ivy or Ian), Lena always brushes her off whenever Louise tries to initiate something, and if they're sleeping with each other, Lena outright uses Louise's vulnerable emotional state for her pleasure without any consideration about Louise needing HELP. If not the professional one, but at least the one of her only friend. Lena babysits Holly and can reassure Stan to be more comfortable around them, but it's Louise who needs our help the most and Lena chooses to do absolutely nothing about it until Louise starts openly crying or explodes with frustration. Just... give her a hug daily (at least when the world is not falling apart like with Seymour). Is that too hard?

They also barely see each other. Louise leaves early in the morning for the day and Lena works late most days
Not anymore, Lena was fired from the restaurant so she's free all evenings. She has no excuse to ignore Louise whatsoever.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
All I’ll say is that I find the Lena/Louise sex scenes very hot, especially the dom versions, and I do hope it leads to a real romance path. I really like Louise. I was upset that in the last chapter Lena turned her down.
I'm fine with turning down (Lena was really tired), but at least let them cuddle for a couple of minutes while talking and then send her off. I'm sure Louise wouldn't mind that even if she was incredibly horny and would be more understanding of the situation while feeling Lena's calmer affection. One doesn't have to be emotionally unavailable when they're physically tired.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Interestingly, after finishing Arcane, I started liking Louise much more, and I realize that from her perspective Lena is kinda a shitty friend if you think about it because she never includes Louise in the fun unless she's dating Jeremy. I can't imagine how lonely and abandoned she must feel whenever Lena goes to have fun with girls, or has another date with Ian, etc, but Louise has to stay at home with the person she despises. Granted, I don't think she's fair to Stan, because he only acted inappropriately with Lena's encouragement and lack of personal boundaries. With Louise, he simply wouldn't dare to be a perv. But it's besides the point because Louise didn't spend enough time with him to trust him so it's still stressful for her. I know to Lena it might seem that Louise is overly needy, but had she spent some time with her when she's free, maybe Louise wouldn't complain that Lena prefers spending time with every other person in her life but never thinks about her. I'm actually surprised that Louise has taken so long to explode with frustration. Lena can show support for Stan who feels shy being around his flatmates. Likewise, it would be very nice of her to check up on Louise from time to time and also take her whenever she goes out to have fun with someone. Or hell, they live together, plenty of opportunities to do something without even going anywhere.

That said, I agree with Echbert who said that it would be good if we were shown more often Louise's positive sides instead of needy, jealous and judgmental ones. As of now, whenever Lena can rely on Louise, she acts very clueless and doesn't know how to deal with anything which makes us think that she's not the best person to come for advice. But even if she doesn't have a lot of wisdom, she might have her strengths. They have the potential to be as close as sisters if Lena didn't act like an inconsiderate cold bitch half the time.
I would have to go back and check the dialogue but was sure that Louise said something in the early game about being to busy with school to accept Lena's invitations. If you like the character that's fine but I think you're unfair here to Lena. Personally I dislike Louise more than any of the other women in the game.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I would much rather have girl time with Louise and Holly than Ivy. I find Ivy fucking insufferable. Would be a cool option.
To each their own. I like Ivy, she's got more self confidence and knows herself better than any other character in the game. And you have to admit that it's kinda a cast of losers. Ian, Perry, Jeremy, Wade and Cindy, the fat chick with the died hair, they all define underachiever.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
I'm fine with turning down (Lena was really tired), but at least let them cuddle for a couple of minutes while talking and then send her off. I'm sure Louise wouldn't mind that even if she was incredibly horny and would be more understanding of the situation while feeling Lena's calmer affection. One doesn't have to be emotionally unavailable when they're physically tired.
Could not agree more. Give us hugs and cuddles! I hope Eva course-corrects on this :confused:

• Red Heart
Reactions: monk_56

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I was not expecting to have a heel-face turn when it comes to my thoughts on Louise, but god damn it reading this thread and you guys are winning me over to her.

Good luck trying to convince me to like Ivy though....
Glad I stopped supporting the game, now that I see the target audience it's obviously a waste of my time.

Overfoxed

Dec 23, 2021
Glad I stopped supporting the game, now that I see the target audience it's obviously a waste of my time.
Haha, don't worry I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority when it comes to Ivy.

Just look at those recent poll results! She's still top 3.

JohnnySolo

Nov 2, 2021
I think the difficulty with Louise is that we see her only in this very emotional content. She is a bit like a roller-coaster, always up and down.

Is Lena a good friend to Louise, difficult question. We don’t know how deep their friendship really is and if you start having sex whit your friends, this can always make things difficult, especially when one side sees it only as “having a bit fun” (Lena) and the other side maybe wants more (Louise).

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
You know girls become instagram bitches only because PEOPLE love instagram bitches......
Yep. And those people suck too. Other side of the same coin. They likely grew up with it and don't know any better. But they're perpetuating the bullshit by encouraging and elevating these vapid tools who don't deserve it. Likewise, diminishing themselves.

Last edited:

Overfoxed

Dec 23, 2021
Random question, but how many hours/minutes of content would people estimate the game currently has as of chapter 9?

Assuming - a) We're talking about a single playthrough (no rolling back/replaying for other paths) and b) No skipping of dialogue.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: monk_56

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Random question, but how many hours/minutes of content would people estimate the game currently has as of chapter 9?

Assuming - a) We're talking about a single play-through (no rolling back/replaying for other paths) and b) No skipping of dialogue.
Dang- that really depends on how you play, how fast you read, and how much time you "spend" in the horny content. It didn't take me very long- but I don't do any of Lena's corruption content b/c I dislike it. Maybe 2-3 hour. The time consumptive items were the literary convention with Holly and the Trip with Alison.

Addendum- I read it as you asking how much time did chapter 9 take not the whole game- Really not sure how much time an entire play-through takes since I had to start over and get on paths I liked better when I played initially.

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
another fan of Lena/Louise i hope it was only a plot thing for not doing a sex scene in the last update.that Ivy/Holly kiss was hot
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i need more of the two :love: :love: :love:

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
My preference for Cindy is strictly to CUCK the "friend". I want to keep it a secret :-] ideally banging Minerva and Cindy for as long as possible would be a great combination

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
I wasn't even talking about Jeremy. Only about Lena's "friendship" with Louise. They barely talk, they don't hang out (not as often as she does with Holly or Ivy or Ian), Lena always brushes her off whenever Louise tries to initiate something, and if they're sleeping with each other, Lena outright uses Louise's vulnerable emotional state for her pleasure without any consideration about Louise needing HELP. If not the professional one, but at least the one of her only friend. Lena babysits Holly and can reassure Stan to be more comfortable around them, but it's Louise who needs our help the most and Lena chooses to do absolutely nothing about it until Louise starts openly crying or explodes with frustration. Just... give her a hug daily (at least when the world is not falling apart like with Seymour). Is that too hard?
I agree that they spend too little time together and Louise receives almost no emotional support, so the players don't really sympathize with her. Lena needs to pay more attention to her so that we can see that they are really friends, but this is not entirely her fault. And babysitting Holly is mostly Ivy-driven.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes