WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
It's a shame that Minerva got last. Other characters are hotter and have a better dynamic with Ian so it is understandable. I'm just hoping we get hotter MILFs. I don't think Lena's mom would even suffice.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Ok. I'll bite too. But with IRL preferences vs who I'd prefer for Ian based on route choices.

IRL:
Cindy
Holly
Emma (or Alison)
Louise (or Alison)
Alison - Design change + big personality fluctuations based on path.
Cherry
Minerva
Ivy - Vapid instagram bitch, exemplifying everything I hate about current IRL culture.

In-Game:
Holly
Cindy
Alison
Emma
Louise
Cherry
Minerva
Ivy - Vapid instagram bitch, exemplifying everything I hate about in-game representation of current IRL culture.

Basically, I fucking hate Ivy. Rare instance where personality/ethics/world-view disgust enough to overpower traditional beauty standards. Plus her style is godawful imo.
But Cindy wants to be like Ivy. Otherwise, I agree, I forgot to mention it in my post, it's Belle Dolphine and Insta-Twitch slut shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homemade

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
Hey this is fun. I don't really have an in-game preference for Ian outside of Lena, aside from a mild preference for Cindy over Holly. So these ratings are just for me.

Physical Attractiveness. Lena would be close to the top, but it looks like we're just doing NPCs.
Cindy (a bit stereotypical, but it works for me)
Cherry
Alison (classic statuesque lady)
Ivy (a bit too much, but still really attractive)
Holly
Emma
Louise (cute, but I'm not a fan of piercings)
Minerva (always looks like a sourpuss in normal scenes)

Personality.
Emma (seems like a lot of fun and has passions)
Cindy (when she's great, she's really great, but she's working through some things)
Holly (she's really thoughtful, I wouldn't mind talking to her. I find her type a bit boring though)
Cherry (Not a lot to go on. Seems nice enough)
Ivy (seems like a fun person, as long as you don't trust her too much)
Alison (An interesting character with lots of flaws)
Minerva (not a lot about her other than being a difficult boss)
Louise (judgmental and insecure. I actually think Louise is pretty relatable, but tough to love)

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
But Cindy wants to be like Ivy.
Key word is "wants to". She's not there yet. IMO, she seems directionless, highly impressionable/moldable and not quite sure what she wants. Now from a rational "this is the best option for me" perspective, she's awful. Like a golden egg wired to an electroshock. But from an "I really need to see a shrink about this" perspective, she's extremely appealing. You (as the average player) or I (as a person with my own complexes) just want to save her, guide her and give her some direction. Rationally, Holly is the absolute best choice for any long-term situation. But I basically have a weakness for "saving"/nursing/guiding that sort of girl who needs helps, despite potentially being big trouble in the long-run. (Probably not alone there). And my list was less of a who "should" I or Ian choose than a who "would" I or my Ian choose. A rational me (or Ian): Holly all the way.

Last edited:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Is there anyone else here that actually likes Louise? She is bottoming out a lot of peoples lists and I'd put her quite high.

Particularly if you wanted a monogamous relationship with a very devoted gal who wanted to spend a lot of time with you- she'd be quite a match. She is well educated, cute, devoted. I don't understand how a bitchy Paris Hilton-esque cheater like Cindy or an annoying vapid super-cunt like Ivy beat her out. Sure Louise is needy- but that isn't always a bad thing. I don't mind being proximally and emotionally present for my partner- needier partners are often more present for their partners needs as well.

Yes she becomes extremely emotionally unstable after her break-up and kinda latches onto the first person she can find to give her some affection (Lena) and then acts quite jealously about her- but I'd have some demons too if I'd just been tossed aside like yesterday's news while my partner lusted after some slutty instagram chick.

I think to really see what Louise would be like as a partner we'd have to actually get some sort of romance route with her- right now she is in an emotionally battered state; which Lena isn't really helping her get out of.

The only other knock someone could have against her is that she is constantly shitting on Stan - and frankly; Stan is an absolutely disgusting stalker perv.....so I actually like that she puts her foot down and tries to keep him away from her. I'd do exactly the same thing if i lived with someone like that.

Last edited:

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
Is there anyone else here that actually likes Louise? She is bottoming out a lot of peoples lists and I'd put her quite high.

Particularly if you wanted a monogamous relationship with a very devoted gal who wanted to spend a lot of time with you- she'd be quite a match. She is well educated, cute, devoted. I don't understand how a bitchy Paris Hilton-esque cheater or a annoying vapid super-cunt like Ivy beat her out. Sure Louise is needy- but that isn't always a bad thing. I don't mind being proximal and emotionally present for my partner- needier partners are often more present for their partners as well.

Yes she becomes extremely emotionally unstable after her break-up and kinda latches onto the first person she can find to give her some affection (Lena) and then acts quite jealously about her- but I'd have some demons too if I'd just been tossed aside like yesterday's news while my partner lusted after some slutty instagram chick.

I think to really see what Louise would be like as a partner we'd have to actually get some sort of romance route with her- right now she is in an emotionally battered state; which Lena isn't really helping her get out of.

The only other knock someone could have against her is that she is constantly shitting on Stan - and frankly; Stan is an absolutely disgusting stalker perv.....so I actually like that she puts her foot down and tries to keep him away from her. I'd do exactly the same thing if i lived with someone like that.

As you said it's simply hard to like Louise because we only see her in an unstable state, had she had a legit romance route, we would unravel much more of her character. I mean look at Cindy, she comes off as a spoiled, cheap, hot-head, but once you spend time with the character you get to see more aspects of her personality and unravel who she is much more, and..... she's at the top.

Also Ivy is very much the devil you know. You know she's probably evil, but that just lowkey makes her hotter! she's also got the mysteriousness going for her, that just makes a romance path with her all the more interesting.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018

Particularly if you wanted a monogamous relationship with a very devoted gal who wanted to spend a lot of time with you- she'd be quite a match. She is well educated, cute, devoted. I don't understand how a bitchy Paris Hilton-esque cheater or a annoying vapid super-cunt like Ivy beat her out. Sure Louise is needy- but that isn't always a bad thing. I don't mind being proximal and emotionally present for my partner- needier partners are often more present for their partners as well.

I just had an experience with a girl of this nature, and nothing good came of it. And in general, Louise is boring for me. Although I would really like to see the possibility of her romance path with Ian. They can be quite a funny but interesting couple.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
I just had an experience with a girl of this nature, and nothing good came of it. And in general, Louise is boring for me. Although I would really like to see the possibility of her romance path with Ian. They can be quite a funny but interesting couple.
I do hope Ian x Louise becomes an option at some point- both as a mono route and as sharing route with Lena.

Would be espeicaly interesting if Louise wanted to date Ian, but wasn't with Lena. Seeing Lena in a dynamic where she felt competitive pressure about someone- but wasn't willing to give in would be a new dynamic. When Ian had sex with Holly; Lena just kinda folded her hand and let Holly have the win. I don't think she'd do the same for Louise. The friendships and other dynamics are different.

Cricco

May 5, 2021
As you said it's simply hard to like Louise because we only see her in an unstable state, had she had a legit romance route, we would unravel much more of her character. I mean look at Cindy, she comes off as a spoiled, cheap, hot-head, but once you spend time with the character you get to see more aspects of her personality and unravel who she is much more, and..... she's at the top.

Also Ivy is very much the devil you know. You know she's probably evil, but that just lowkey makes her hotter! she's also got the mysteriousness going for her, that just makes a romance path with her all the more interesting.
I unironically don't see what's so deep about Cindy, to me she just comes accross as dumb, spoiled and shallow as fuck on every layer. A real life bimbo really, and the thing about those is that the more they open their mouths and the less attractive they become :LUL:

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Interestingly, after finishing Arcane, I started liking Louise much more, and I realize that from her perspective Lena is kinda a shitty friend if you think about it because she never includes Louise in the fun unless she's dating Jeremy. I can't imagine how lonely and abandoned she must feel whenever Lena goes to have fun with girls, or has another date with Ian, etc, but Louise has to stay at home with the person she despises. Granted, I don't think she's fair to Stan, because he only acted inappropriately with Lena's encouragement and lack of personal boundaries. With Louise, he simply wouldn't dare to be a perv. But it's besides the point because Louise didn't spend enough time with him to trust him so it's still stressful for her. I know to Lena it might seem that Louise is overly needy, but had she spent some time with her when she's free, maybe Louise wouldn't complain that Lena prefers spending time with every other person in her life but never thinks about her. I'm actually surprised that Louise has taken so long to explode with frustration. Lena can show support for Stan who feels shy being around his flatmates. Likewise, it would be very nice of her to check up on Louise from time to time and also take her whenever she goes out to have fun with someone. Or hell, they live together, plenty of opportunities to do something without even going anywhere.

That said, I agree with Echbert who said that it would be good if we were shown more often Louise's positive sides instead of needy, jealous and judgmental ones. As of now, whenever Lena can rely on Louise, she acts very clueless and doesn't know how to deal with anything which makes us think that she's not the best person to come for advice. But even if she doesn't have a lot of wisdom, she might have her strengths. They have the potential to be as close as sisters if Lena didn't act like an inconsiderate cold bitch half the time.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Likewise, it would be very nice of her to check up on Louise from time to time and also take her whenever she goes out to have fun with someone. Or hell, they live together, plenty of opportunities to do something without even going anywhere.
I would much rather have girl time with Louise and Holly than Ivy. I find Ivy fucking insufferable. Would be a cool option.

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018
Interestingly, after finishing Arcane, I started liking Louise much more, and I realize that from her perspective Lena is kinda a shitty friend if you think about it because she never includes Louise in the fun unless she's dating Jeremy. I can't imagine how lonely and abandoned she must feel whenever Lena goes to have fun with girls, or has another date with Ian, etc, but Louise has to stay at home with the person she despises. Granted, I don't think she's fair to Stan, because he only acted inappropriately with Lena's encouragement and lack of personal boundaries. With Louise, he simply wouldn't dare to be a perv. But it's besides the point because Louise didn't spend enough time with him to trust him so it's still stressful for her. I know to Lena it might seem that Louise is overly needy, but had she spent some time with her when she's free, maybe Louise wouldn't complain that Lena prefers spending time with every other person in her life but never thinks about her. I'm actually surprised that Louise has taken so long to explode with frustration. Lena can show support for Stan who feels shy being around his flatmates. Likewise, it would be very nice of her to check up on Louise from time to time and also take her whenever she goes out to have fun with someone. Or hell, they live together, plenty of opportunities to do something without even going anywhere.

That said, I agree with Echbert who said that it would be good if we were shown more often Louise's positive sides instead of needy, jealous and judgmental ones. As of now, whenever Lena can rely on Louise, she acts very clueless and doesn't know how to deal with anything which makes us think that she's not the best person to come for advice. But even if she doesn't have a lot of wisdom, she might have her strengths. They have the potential to be as close as sisters if Lena didn't act like an inconsiderate cold bitch half the time.
I completely agree with you about Louise! Like some said before I also think a thoughtfull IanxLouise Route could have given her Character a new Chance and also shown her Personality and positive properties in a new Light. After playing this Game a few Times now it really seems she is nothing but a Toy for Lena and Jeremy to play with and her Personality is crushed by her obsession with both of them.

The Problem is I think it is already too late to establish a real thoughtful and romantic Route between her and Ian because they barely talked or saw each other in this Game (I still think there could be Sex Scenes between her and Ian but most likely with Lena involved or without any Meaning behind it, for Example I can see them hooking up if the whole LenaxJeremy Thing get's revealed if this Route is pushed)

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
But it's besides the point because Louise didn't spend enough time with him to trust him so it's still stressful for her.
Stressfull? She basically demands he stays in his room when they are in the living room :).
Louise is different from other hated characters like Stan or Robert in that she is actively mean to someone. And Lena hardly has the means to accomodate her. She has way too much baggage in her life already.
They also barely see each other. Louise leaves early in the morning for the day and Lena works late most days. So I don't really see how Lena and Louise could become close. Finally there is the fact that Lena can't sleep with Louise in her bed. Both times that happens she complains about it, but never has the problem with anyone else.
I don't 'hate' her, but in my opinion she is the worst person in the game (for all we know yet, I'm looking at you, Ivy!)
Louise would need another clingy person, someone who clings on her like she does. Come to think of, who also gets all clingy with Lena? Robert! Maybe they should get together? :D

sglory

Jul 3, 2018
Ok. I'll bite too. But with IRL preferences vs who I'd prefer for Ian based on route choices.

IRL:
Cindy
Holly
Emma (or Alison)
Louise (or Alison)
Alison - Design change + big personality fluctuations based on path.
Cherry
Minerva
Ivy - Vapid instagram bitch, exemplifying everything I hate about current IRL culture.

In-Game:
Holly
Cindy
Alison
Emma
Louise
Cherry
Minerva
Ivy - Vapid instagram bitch, exemplifying everything I hate about in-game representation of current IRL culture.

Basically, I fucking hate Ivy. Rare instance where personality/ethics/world-view disgust enough to overpower traditional beauty standards. Plus her style is godawful imo.

You know girls become instagram bitches only because PEOPLE love instagram bitches......

• Haha
Reactions: Echbert and sava75

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Stressfull? She basically demands he stays in his room when they are in the living room :).
Louise is different from other hated characters like Stan or Robert in that she is actively mean to someone. And Lena hardly has the means to accomodate her. She has way too much baggage in her life already.
They also barely see each other. Louise leaves early in the morning for the day and Lena works late most days. So I don't really see how Lena and Louise could become close. Finally there is the fact that Lena can't sleep with Louise in her bed. Both times that happens she complains about it, but never has the problem with anyone else.
I don't 'hate' her, but in my opinion she is the worst person in the game (for all we know yet, I'm looking at you, Ivy!)
Louise would need another clingy person, someone who clings on her like she does. Come to think of, who also gets all clingy with Lena? Robert! Maybe they should get together? :D
Agree with most of this, except nobody can top Ivy in my view of worst person in the game. She's just toxic.

My issue with Louise is she is just an absolute bottomless pit of emotional need. I've had some experience with people like that and it invariably turns suffocating and painful. A few people have given her the benefit of the doubt since we mostly see her in a damaged state after Jeremy, but the thing is, we see some of it even before the breakup. Her relationship with Jeremy is entirely one sided, from what we've seen of him I don't think for a second he's even trying to act like he's in love with her or anything, and yet she seems to think they have this deep connection.

People like her can become downright scary, trust me on that.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Hey, what, really a brilliant idea! They are about the same degree of needy and clingy, so that they can give each other as much attention as such individuals require. Anyway, they are in many ways similar, if you think about it. Very good point!

• Haha
Reactions: Homemade

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018

As Solomon correctly pointed out, she behaves in a similar way before the injury, she herself sticks and becomes unnecessarily attached to people. And if Lena gives her support, which can be misunderstood, Jeremy is simply obviously hook-ups with no strings attached. Only she does not see this in their relationship. This does not mean that she does not deserve sympathy, but the fact is that people like her themselves create these problems and turn it into a disaster

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes