lordrango

Aug 29, 2018
As for you, to jump into an discussion and start out by throwing personal insults just tells me that you have nothing to say. If you had bothered to read the thread you would have noticed that I was criticizing the lack of good male characters in this game, and the fact that the male protagonist is the worst of the lot.

If you can make an argument, make it. But spare us your little insults. You are nobody that I know, so your opinion of me is meaningless.
What do you dislike about Ian? I'm really interested.

I personally found him one of the most interesting male protagonists.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
What do you dislike about Ian? I'm really interested.

I personally found him one of the most interesting male protagonists.
He's a loser. 27 years old and still an intern that relies on his families allowance to live.

We see in the game that he's supposed to have this potential to be a writer, but what kind of writer is he going to be? He has no real life experience, nothing that he's lived himself that he can base his writing on. I've read writers like this, and it's just junk. Based upon what they can derive from other writers or Wikipedia articles.

Ian is presented to us as the male protagonist, the other side of the coin to the female protagonist Lena. And yet Ian isn't even a patch on Lena, she's out of his league.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
He's a loser. 27 years old and still an intern that relies on his families allowance to live.

We see in the game that he's supposed to have this potential to be a writer, but what kind of writer is he going to be? He has no real life experience, nothing that he's lived himself that he can base his writing on. I've read writers like this, and it's just junk. Based upon what they can derive from other writers or Wikipedia articles.

Ian is presented to us as the male protagonist, the other side of the coin to the female protagonist Lena. And yet Ian isn't even a patch on Lena, she's out of his league.
Holly has a lot less experience than him and is a great writer who is becoming popular. Bad take.

lordrango

Aug 29, 2018

I would strongly disagree with your assessment.

I don't think I've known 27 year old who were extremely successful at that particular age. In Europe, it is not uncommon for people to live with their parents up to that age, especially if they're living in a big city where they can attend university of their choice.

Ian is trying to make it in an industry that's very unlike most other industries. So, working some relatively menial job while he does that makes sense to me. He covers his living expenses on his own, whether you his father for more money is his choice.

Lena is in a very similar situation - she's trying to make it as an artist and is also working menial jobs.

My criticism of Ian is that his story line sort of "promotes" him becoming a much more assertive and confident man. He starts as your run-of-the-mill, down to earth 27 year old, but most paths take him on a more dominant route. I would like options for less dominant routes as well.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
I just Ian was a bit taller. When he is in the screen with girls he looks like he is a feet shorter than them at least.
That's because Eva also gave him a slender build. He's almost feminized to a degree compared to the other men in the game. Stan, who's supposed to be shorter than Ian, looks taller because he compensates his lack of height with an impressive girth. :WeSmart:

Reactions: monk_56 and DavDR

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018

And he went through cheating and breaking up with a girlfriend, he has a shitty boss and the need to write corrupt reviews, he saw Axel use photography to seduce girls, etc. And that's just what we know. He has enough experience to write dark sci-fi or fantasy, for example. If you need to work as a waiter in an expensive restaurant in order to have experience, well, that's quite sad.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
And he went through cheating and breaking up with a girlfriend, he has a shitty boss and the need to write corrupt reviews, he saw Axel use photography to seduce girls, etc. And that's just what we know. He has enough experience to write dark sci-fi or fantasy, for example. If you need to work as a waiter in an expensive restaurant in order to have experience, well, that's quite sad.
Why are you still hung up on the Robert thing? And this is my opinion of Ian, sorry you don't like it but as it's my opinion you don't get a say in that.

Homemade

Oct 25, 2018
That's pretty neat - I like to think you didn't have to consider any of these, you just have an instant encyclopedic knowledge of all adult models in the world.
:LOL::ROFLMAO:No, to be honest, bro I am reading this thread from the start, and whenever I found some interesting, funny memes like that Ian and Lena budget pictures. I share them with u guys, and all those models are already been found out by the users of this forum so kudos to them.(y) I just quickly searched and compiled pictures of said models and uploaded them here for fellow men of culture.;)

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I would strongly disagree with your assessment.

I don't think I've known 27 year old who were extremely successful at that particular age. In Europe, it is not uncommon for people to live with their parents up to that age, especially if they're living in a big city where they can attend university of their choice.

Ian is trying to make it in an industry that's very unlike most other industries. So, working some relatively menial job while he does that makes sense to me. He covers his living expenses on his own, whether you his father for more money is his choice.

Lena is in a very similar situation - she's trying to make it as an artist and is also working menial jobs.

My criticism of Ian is that his story line sort of "promotes" him becoming a much more assertive and confident man. He starts as your run-of-the-mill, down to earth 27 year old, but most paths take him on a more dominant route. I would like options for less dominant routes as well.
There's a pretty wide gap between intern that needs an allowance and extremely successful, don't you think? I'd be more impressed if Ian could have climbed a little further up that gap.

lordrango

Aug 29, 2018
Maybe you should date him?
I don't think your criticism holds water.

Ian is a realistic character. It is like complaining that Chiwetel Ejiofor's characters from "12 Years a Slave" is a loser because he's not doing what Jamie Foxx' character is doing in "Django Unchained". It's not that you can't enjoy both films, but they require different type of characters to work.

Our Red String wouldn't really work with super macho Ian with a giant dick, a lot of money and influence and super powerful job, who's drowning in pussy at 27.

You can still make him very masculine and dominant and successful extremely easy (I would personally say - too easy) in the game.

There's a pretty wide gap between intern that needs an allowance and extremely successful, don't you think? I'd be more impressed if Ian could have climbed a little further up that gap.
Is that part you have trouble with?

IIRC, it's player's choice whether to ask for money or not.

And I certainly have no problem with that. I'm a quite successful man over 30, and I was still getting money from my parents to help me out when I was 27. Most of people I know did at that age.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I don't think your criticism holds water.

Ian is a realistic character. It is like complaining that Chiwetel Ejiofor's characters from "12 Years a Slave" is a loser because he's not doing what Jamie Foxx' character is doing in "Django Unchained". It's not that you can't enjoy both films, but they require different type of characters to work.

Our Red String wouldn't really work with super macho Ian with a giant dick, a lot of money and influence and super powerful job, who's drowning in pussy at 27.

You can still make him very masculine and dominant and successful extremely easy (I would personally say - too easy) in the game.
You jump to extremes to prove your point. Nobody said anything about Ian being a wildly successful person. How about just an average guy who isn't so pathetic?

4.60 star(s) 313 Votes