Gerson876

Jun 26, 2020

Unlocked
Reworked illustrations
As I said in my last post, I'm sharing some of the reworked illustrations for the upcoming revised build of ORS. When I started production, fresh off GGGB, I carried the production style and workflow from my first project, which was way more fast-paced. It was only after a few months working on the new game that I saw how experience, ambition and financial investment in my new game was pushing it's quality higher than I expected at the start.

This meant that the first compasses of ORS lacked quality, especially compared to the latest chapters. Aside from the need of reworking the scripts, I also wanted the game to feel coherent visually, and there were some pretty ugly illustrations (especially the infamous Alison scene at the top). That's an unfortunate result of having to produce content continuously: I rarely get the chance to re-do stuff and often times I just go with the first result. But since I decided to slow down and revisit the scripts, I'm also using this chance to update some illustrations I felt were in dire need of it.

Some took one more than one try before getting a result I was happy with. One aspect in which I've been taking more time recently is choosing the reference image (or images) to base the drawing on. I try finding compositions that will depict the scene in a striking and interesting way, and sometimes I create collages of several images to get as close as possible of what I have in mind. And sometimes those pictures don't work as I was hoping or I just mess up the line-work and end up with bland or weird looking illustrations...

I also remastered other illustrations, instead of completely re-doing them. I've been picking up new techniques to illuminate the scene, make the volumes of bodies more interesting and merging the background with the drawing. As you can see, this illustrations greatly benefits from it... It takes more time and effort, but I feel it's worth it in the end.

These are only a few of the many re-draws and re-masters I'm implementing. I ended up doing more than I had planned at the start, and I still would like to do some more, but I have to stop myself at some point...
What do you think about these images? Do you think investing time and effort in these is worth it? Would you like to see more or do you prefer discovering them as you re-play the game when the update comes out?
That rework on Lena's hair is just WOAHH!!!!
This is definitely going to enhance the experience.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vsd29

jaylop09

Nov 24, 2019
They're absolutely amazing. I always thought the animations were top tier but now I realize how obsolete they were. Although what the deal with that yellow glow most of them have. It feels odd. Like some sort of religious iconography or even makes it less serious looking like a videogame achievement

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
The new Alison scene is smoking hot. :p

Looks like most of the rework will be Lena's scenes though. I wonder if girls like Cherry and Emma will be reworked, not to mention anything involving Jeremy. These are the ones that come to mind because some of their scenes date back to like ch 2, whereas Cindy's probably wont need rework since it is newer comparatively.

Reactions: yggdral
Jan 5, 2022

Unlocked
Reworked illustrations
As I said in my last post, I'm sharing some of the reworked illustrations for the upcoming revised build of ORS. When I started production, fresh off GGGB, I carried the production style and workflow from my first project, which was way more fast-paced. It was only after a few months working on the new game that I saw how experience, ambition and financial investment in my new game was pushing it's quality higher than I expected at the start.

This meant that the first compasses of ORS lacked quality, especially compared to the latest chapters. Aside from the need of reworking the scripts, I also wanted the game to feel coherent visually, and there were some pretty ugly illustrations (especially the infamous Alison scene at the top). That's an unfortunate result of having to produce content continuously: I rarely get the chance to re-do stuff and often times I just go with the first result. But since I decided to slow down and revisit the scripts, I'm also using this chance to update some illustrations I felt were in dire need of it.

Some took one more than one try before getting a result I was happy with. One aspect in which I've been taking more time recently is choosing the reference image (or images) to base the drawing on. I try finding compositions that will depict the scene in a striking and interesting way, and sometimes I create collages of several images to get as close as possible of what I have in mind. And sometimes those pictures don't work as I was hoping or I just mess up the line-work and end up with bland or weird looking illustrations...

I also remastered other illustrations, instead of completely re-doing them. I've been picking up new techniques to illuminate the scene, make the volumes of bodies more interesting and merging the background with the drawing. As you can see, this illustrations greatly benefits from it... It takes more time and effort, but I feel it's worth it in the end.

These are only a few of the many re-draws and re-masters I'm implementing. I ended up doing more than I had planned at the start, and I still would like to do some more, but I have to stop myself at some point...
What do you think about these images? Do you think investing time and effort in these is worth it? Would you like to see more or do you prefer discovering them as you re-play the game when the update comes out?
I wish that we get to see the previews of the re-drawn Cindy's scenes for the next time.

Reactions: G0DZillA
Nov 15, 2020
I gave up... tried multiple combinations and was not able to have them both doing Lena wearing the bunny suit in the same runthrough.
Checked the walkthrough, and I think you're right. There's a chain of events that — as far as I can tell — makes it impossible to have both of them in the same walkthrough. If you choose Robert over Mike in chapter 6, it effectively closes the Mike path, and with that the possibility of the bunny scene with him in chapter 9. If you choose Mike over Robert, it doesn't close off the Robert path, but you miss that one exact scene you're looking for. Sorry if I gave you false hope o_O

Nov 15, 2020
Although what the deal with that yellow glow most of them have. It feels odd. Like some sort of religious iconography or even makes it less serious looking like a videogame achievement
I suspect the intention is to make the motive stand out more, while at the same time making the motive and the background blend better together. I think that's particularly visible in the remastered version of Lena's nude modelling. In the old version it's just a picture of Lena that's put on top of a picture of a background, and it's not even close to looking like Lena actually sits in the room. It's just one picture on top of another, done in a similar way as in GGGB, where that was one of the things that in my view looked a bit amateurish. In the new version the brighter background and the shadow under Lena's body makes it look like Lena actually sits in the room. I think it also works in the same way in the kissing picture, in combination with the blurring of the background.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
So what is it with the Bergmans? Saul Bergman is some client of the firm Ashley may work for, Norman is wealthy and married, yet he can marry Ashley's mom in the epilogue and Alison is the daughter of that sleeze? Are those three just distant relatives that only share that they are sort of well off (Alison has less luck in her job, but is the most educated and industrious of Ians lot)? Was Norman/Saul also Alisons boss who got fired because they found out that he fucked Slut Ashley (in Normans case)? Is Bergman Alisons surname or merely that of her ex? Does their shared surnames have any relevance or is it just there for some loose worldbuilding?

MacAdGames

Game Developer
May 26, 2020

Unlocked
Reworked illustrations

No Cindy... :(

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Checked the walkthrough, and I think you're right. There's a chain of events that — as far as I can tell — makes it impossible to have both of them in the same walkthrough. If you choose Robert over Mike in chapter 6, it effectively closes the Mike path, and with that the possibility of the bunny scene with him in chapter 9. If you choose Mike over Robert, it doesn't close off the Robert path, but you miss that one exact scene you're looking for. Sorry if I gave you false hope o_O
No problem, I like these little challenges/achievements. Thanks for replying :)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Unlocked
Reworked illustrations

Honestly, I think I prefer the original images; the blurred background makes the new ones feel a little too isolated from the scene. Maybe it will feel differently when playing the game, but just looking at the images side by side the old ones feel more dynamic.

If we ignore that issue, the upgrade is something of a mixed bag. I'd say Lena alone on her bed is an improvement, Lena kissing Ian is a slight step back. The new art has its moments, but judging by these examples I don't think it was worth the time spent on it. Of course I'm not a paying customer, so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Unlocked
Reworked illustrations

Seems quite glaring to me the new ones are a much welcome improvement. There are a lot more details on the bodies, plus better use of shadows and also better facial expressions. :cool: (y)

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes