Arata20

Jan 14, 2018
Eh, initially, she said she's doing the revamp for Stan, for 'enhancing some old illustrations' and for 'some scenes with untapped potential.' Then in January, she stated that all nine chapters are getting a facelift. Now she says she rewrote chapter 1 and changed the whole prologue. It's fair to assume it became a bigger deal than expected.
If im not mistaken, in january she said that she had already revamp 8 chapters and only one remain

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
View attachment 1676820

Hello everyone,

Last week wasn't as productive as I would've liked, but this one has been much better. I've completed the new prologue and finished rewriting Chapter 1. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward too much to this revision of the 9 current chapters, but I knew this has to be done before proceeding if I wanted ORS to become the product I'm envisioning. But going over my previous work, revising and rewriting is something I don't enjoy too much... I'm eager to keep developing the story further (I enjoy keeping things new and fresh for myself) and reworking old scripts feels like a chore most of the time. Some scenes had me scratching my head, trying to find the best way to retcon or improve them, but I think the result will be worth it.
Now I'm working on revising the rest of the chapters and updating everything that has to be changed following the new beginning of the game, focusing mostly on how some information is presented, and how that affects the interactions between the characters, mainly between Ian and Lena.

Being able to go over past scenes knowing the characters like I know them now always presents new chances to portray them in a more clear and interesting way. One of the hardest things when writing the game is coming up with interesting and meaningful interactions and conversation between the characters: most of the time I only know there's a sex scene between two of them, but what's the scene or chain of events leading up to it, exactly? Where do they go, what do they do and what do they talk about? How can I make that scene interactive and create variations depending on player input, and how do I implement my stat system into those choices? Inevitably, sometimes I feel like those scenes leading up the sex scenes feel a bit hollow and formulaic, when they could pack so much character and flavour... Hopefully I can come up with better scenes and dialogues to keep ORS engaging and fresh.

My intention is to be more active posting this week: I will show you some of the art that has been re-made, similar to the last one I showed between Ian and Lena (Patreon only allows certain content in private pots, so I'm afraid I can only share it with patrons) and some other goodies.

Finally, a reminder that this month I paused the billing cycle so you won't be charged for your subscription at the start of March.

--------
dammit it looks like a May launch of the "new version". :cry:

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019
Oh wow. She's rewriting the whole 9 chapters it seems. A lot more excessive than I previously thought.
Understandable if it will help her with her writer's block but this could have been prevented with a proper storyline planning from the beginning of the project, not just going along with the flow, especially with the stories that evolves with different paths and choices the player can make.

Maybe she should plan ahead for the next 10 chapters after this as well so she won't have to do this again.

I now expect May release for the revision, and Oct for Chapter 10.

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
Will chapter 10 be the last chapter?
As far I understand, chapter 10 will be only the half of the game.

Oh wow. She's rewriting the whole 9 chapters it seems. A lot more excessive than I previously thought.
Understandable if it will help her with her writer's block but this could have been prevented with a proper storyline planning from the beginning of the project, not just going along with the flow, especially with the stories that evolves with different paths and choices the player can make.

Maybe she should plan ahead for the next 10 chapters after this as well so she won't have to do this again.

I now expect May release for the revision, and Oct for Chapter 10.
I have to agree with this.

I understand that in all games when they are in the development stage, for sure it's gonna be changes... But the plot it's wise, in my opinion, to have it prepared before anything, or at least a scheme of what is about to happen and the different routes. If all of this it's gonna change in eachepisode, it's gonna be chaos... And we will have more of this rewrites.

Last edited:

HaehZ

Mar 30, 2021
I hope that it will soon be possible in the game that female characters can get pregnant.
We'll have to see.. I've been a fan of ORS since I got wind of another project similar to GGGB, my favorite Plot/Story branches are definitely pursuing a real relationship with Cindy, or my separate save with seeing how Ian, & Emma can potentially have a decent ending.

As for "Pregnancy" content, It'd be great for a pregnancy-scare related issue in the game, because it creates so much more depth to an already creative game. I wouldn't expect any of that soon.. *Just my opinion* that'll probably be implemented later? when the story is developed, more characters are introduced. Imagine Lena dating Ian, and has a secret love child with Axel, or even her boss at the café?! It would be nuts!

Lancelot234

Aug 13, 2018
I think there are only few developers, who re-work on their games for a better storyline and gameplay. And based on evakiss's other game, GGGB, she definitely has a good imagination on storyline with many choices (and definitely better than storylines where mc just gets used left and right). So an improved storyline is definitely worth the wait in my opinion.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
Since the current nine chapters are okayish, it would be better to finish the story first and only after the skeleton of the story is done they can finetune the details. Considering the latest interview, the developer prefers writing on the fly over planning everything ahead:

So I'm not suggesting what would be better in my opinion, but what seems to be better according to the mindset of the developer and that they should stick to their strengts. Now they are stuck rewriting, which they aren't even motivated and enjoying.

And I want to be less negative about it and I so hope that I'm proven wrong in the next 1-2 years, but the current development progress is troubling.
giphy.gif

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I think there are only few developers, who re-work on their games for a better storyline and gameplay. And based on evakiss's other game, GGGB, she definitely has a good imagination on storyline with many choices (and definitely better than storylines where mc just gets used left and right). So an improved storyline is definitely worth the wait in my opinion.
Yes it's for the better although it's frustrating. As long as it doesn't take years to rework.

Nov 15, 2020
Eh, initially, she said she's doing the revamp for Stan, for 'enhancing some old illustrations' and for 'some scenes with untapped potential.' Then in January, she stated that all nine chapters are getting a facelift. Now she says she rewrote chapter 1 and changed the whole prologue. It's fair to assume it became a bigger deal than expected.
Yeah, it’s become more extensive than what most of us probably expected (maybe even Eva as well), but the way you formulated it ("it appears it won't be just a rewrite of Stan") could give the impression that all of this was new information.

The latest Patreon post was a bit vague, but I'm not sure if the rewriting of chapter 1 is anything more extensive than what was already planned, btw. From the previous update it seems like they were done with every new or rewritten scene except the prologue. So the way I understand it, "I've […] finished rewriting Chapter 1" just means that they've begun going through the script from the beginning (the "revision and debugging time") to "make sure all the changes are consistent and the game is bug-free", and they've finished that part for chapter 1. But yeah, it was all a bit vague, so I may be mistaken.

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
Is it possible to have Lena fuck Robert and then Mike wearing the bunny outfit in the same playthrough? If so, how? Thanks in advance and regards!

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
Is it possible to have Lena fuck Robert and then Mike wearing the bunny outfit in the same playthrough? If so, how? Thanks in advance and regards!
Yeah, I’m pretty certain that’s possible. For Robert you have to choose to meet him instead of Mike when Robert comes back from his trip — in chapter 6, I think?

The scene with Mike demands that you call him for help when Lena comes home from visiting her parents in the latest episode. There’s a non-intuitive precondition for that: It’s only available if Ian is away for the weekend with Alison, because if he isn’t, he’ll automatically meet Lena when she arrives, with no option to choose Mike, Robert or Stan instead. So: Choose Robert over Mike when he’s back from his trip, go with Alison on the weekend trip, choose Mike to help Lena with her luggage when she gets back home. I think that’s do it.

Edit: It might be that meeting Mike in chapter 9 depends on a variable that’s set when meeting him in chapter 6 instead of Robert. So maybe I’m wrong. BloodyMares walkthrough, available from the frontpage, could give you the answers — I think the key is the lena_mike_dating variable.

Last edited:

Dr.Brule

Aug 2, 2017
I like that she's thinking about the characters personalities/quirks and trying to make their interactions and relationships more organic. Unlike some other VNs where a lady sees the MC and says "Hey you're wearing a green shirt that's my fave color! Lets bang!" Which has it's its place and some people are into that but I prefer more storytelling. I got a bunch of games on the backburner so waiting is no problem for me.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes