Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
Been doing a replay and is Perry suppose to be on the spectrum?

horrible at reading social cues, and will try to say something to cheer up their friend, but ends up saying the worst thing possible. It happens pretty commonly with him too.

lowkey reminds me of Adrian Chase from Peacemaker.

Also never really noticed but when Emma's not around, Ian's friends give of the vibe that they lowkey don't like one another, something about their dialogue feels "tense", not even in the friendly banter type of way but more...cold, like even when they ask Ian questions they'll often feel no ways about picking apart his doubts, even if he makes it clear that he's not in the mood, then there's also this natural irritability, like they'll snap at each like that! though Ian seems to only have that specific dynamic with Perry(makes sense considering their history). They seem more like siblings who put up with each other as opposed to friends. Is this how some ppl just are with their holmies? or is it something Eva wants us to pick up on?

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
Been doing a replay and is Perry suppose to be on the spectrum?

horrible at reading social cues, and will try to say something to cheer up their friend, but ends up saying the worst thing possible. It happens pretty commonly with him too.

lowkey reminds me of Adrian Chase from Peacemaker.

Also never really noticed but when Emma's not around, Ian's friends give of the vibe that they lowkey don't like one another, something about their dialogue feels "tense", not even in the friendly banter type of way but more...cold, like even when they ask Ian questions they'll often feel no ways about picking apart his doubts, even if he makes it clear that he's not in the mood, then there's also this natural irritability, like they'll snap at each like that! though Ian seems to only have that specific dynamic with Perry(makes sense considering their history). They seem more like siblings who put up with each other as opposed to friends. Is this how some ppl just are with their holmies? or is it something Eva wants us to pick up on?
I don't like Perry.

As you correclty pointed, it doesn't matter if you help or not Perry, he always ends up saying the worst thing possible. It's ridiculous. In fact, I think that I don't care anymore about the character, I try with Ian to have good relationship with him basically for the rent issue and that's it.

And about the point of Ian's friends I'm only gonna say that I prefer to have 0 friends that Ian's friends group to be honest. And probably if they change the attitude around Emma it's because she is the glue that makes the group whole. Or at least, thats my impression.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Yeah. Wade is (aside from the fact of being only relevant for the Cindy plotline) unsympathetic and you either betray him and/or watch his relationship with Cindy fall apart or you help them mend their doomed relationship because...Ian is a nice guy?

Perry is a loser you either pity (if you are nice) or loathe (if you are honest). Certainly he has some deep and complex past, not that it's any consolation that we have to keep up with him presently. At least in GGGB, I could ignore Ashleys Dad.

GGGB's Eva, Dave and Jessica may have less characterization, backstory and depth, but they were sympathetic towards Ashley and it made sense that hang out together. They confronted Ashley, reacted to her behaviour and tried to help her. And if you left them alone, they lead their simple, normal life. Are Perry and Wade helping Ian with his job, money and women issues? No, because they are even worse than him. They are the ones who constantly rely on Ians help.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
1645963127278.png

Hello everyone,

Last week wasn't as productive as I would've liked, but this one has been much better. I've completed the new prologue and finished rewriting Chapter 1. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward too much to this revision of the 9 current chapters, but I knew this has to be done before proceeding if I wanted ORS to become the product I'm envisioning. But going over my previous work, revising and rewriting is something I don't enjoy too much... I'm eager to keep developing the story further (I enjoy keeping things new and fresh for myself) and reworking old scripts feels like a chore most of the time. Some scenes had me scratching my head, trying to find the best way to retcon or improve them, but I think the result will be worth it.
Now I'm working on revising the rest of the chapters and updating everything that has to be changed following the new beginning of the game, focusing mostly on how some information is presented, and how that affects the interactions between the characters, mainly between Ian and Lena.

Being able to go over past scenes knowing the characters like I know them now always presents new chances to portray them in a more clear and interesting way. One of the hardest things when writing the game is coming up with interesting and meaningful interactions and conversation between the characters: most of the time I only know there's a sex scene between two of them, but what's the scene or chain of events leading up to it, exactly? Where do they go, what do they do and what do they talk about? How can I make that scene interactive and create variations depending on player input, and how do I implement my stat system into those choices? Inevitably, sometimes I feel like those scenes leading up the sex scenes feel a bit hollow and formulaic, when they could pack so much character and flavour... Hopefully I can come up with better scenes and dialogues to keep ORS engaging and fresh.

My intention is to be more active posting this week: I will show you some of the art that has been re-made, similar to the last one I showed between Ian and Lena (Patreon only allows certain content in private pots, so I'm afraid I can only share it with patrons) and some other goodies.

Finally, a reminder that this month I paused the billing cycle so you won't be charged for your subscription at the start of March.

--------

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game has scenes before and after the sexy bits. Some are gaining points for chars,
while some are there to show what we lost. Truth be told, my first play throughs not getting anything,
those were the most tatisfying, because Ian kept his morals and did not go the barman hustler road,
while Lena kept her self esteem and did not let guys get all over her and dominate her into sex.
Having come so far, building the chars in multiple routes, some good, some bad, some disastrous,
it gets cumbersome to keep trying to sprinkle good feels on scenes that are canon good,
while the scenes that are canon bad, beats me why or how they earn reviewing. They are bad. Period.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
But going over my previous work, revising and rewriting is something I don't enjoy too much... I'm eager to keep developing the story further (I enjoy keeping things new and fresh for myself) and reworking old scripts feels like a chore most of the time. Some scenes had me scratching my head, trying to find the best way to retcon or improve them, but I think the result will be worth it.
Since the current nine chapters are okayish, it would be better to finish the story first and only after the skeleton of the story is done they can finetune the details. Considering the latest interview, the developer prefers writing on the fly over planning everything ahead:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I'm not suggesting what would be better in my opinion, but what seems to be better according to the mindset of the developer and that they should stick to their strengts. Now they are stuck rewriting, which they aren't even motivated and enjoying.

And I want to be less negative about it and I so hope that I'm proven wrong in the next 1-2 years, but the current development progress is troubling.

Nov 15, 2020
So, it appears it won't be just a rewrite of Stan, but also the beginning of the game and other characters. It sounds like the release is not close to completion.
That’s been the plan the whole time. This Patreon post does make it sound like there's a lot of work left though, so I went back and checked what they wrote in the last few ones. I think the "revising the rest of the chapters" part is just the same "revision and debugging time" they mentioned in the previous development news, and what was referred to as "make sure all the changes are consistent and the game is bug-free" one post further back. They also specified that they had work left to do on the prologue and chapter 1, so I'm pretty sure all the major work is done now, and that the revision of chapter 2–9 is mostly about going over and checking that everything is consistent and makes sense now that several scenes have been changed. But everything will obviously not be consistent, and the script and amount of variables is getting pretty gigantic, so all in all I guess it could still be some time off. The fact that billing is paused for March, makes me think April is a more likely release month.

Looking forward to the sneak peeks during the upcoming week — the fact that they'll be patrons only suggests they're from some of the new or rewritten lewd scenes.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Remaking unfinished games is the new normal it seems. Maybe it would be better try to finish the game before touching earlier chapters.
It's the case with most games developed behind closed doors though, the difference is this game is released episodically which gives the illusion that all features have been pre-planned and figured out already. If you check "Alpha gameplay footage" and "Gameplay trailer" of any AAA-title, you can notice quite a lot of changes, both in graphics, sound design, and gameplay features. Some changes are for the good, others for the bad, but no game is developed without having some massive changes as development progresses.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
That’s been the plan the whole time.
his Patreon post does make it sound like there's a lot of work left though, so I went back and checked what they wrote in the last few ones. I think the "revising the rest of the chapters" part is just the same "revision and debugging time" they mentioned in the previous development news, and what was referred to as "make sure all the changes are consistent and the game is bug-free" one post further back. They also specified that they had work left to do on the prologue and chapter 1, so I'm pretty sure all the major work is done now, and that the revision of chapter 2–9 is mostly about going over and checking that everything is consistent and makes sense now that several scenes have been changed. But everything will obviously not be consistent, and the script and amount of variables is getting pretty gigantic, so all in all I guess it could still be some time off. The fact that billing is paused for March, makes me think April is a more likely release month.

Looking forward to the sneak peeks during the upcoming week — the fact that they'll be patrons only suggests they're from some of the new or rewritten lewd scenes.
T
Eh, initially, she said she's doing the revamp for Stan, for 'enhancing some old illustrations' and for 'some scenes with untapped potential.' Then in January, she stated that all nine chapters are getting a facelift. Now she says she rewrote chapter 1 and changed the whole prologue. It's fair to assume it became a bigger deal than expected.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes