dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I tried to think through which of the changes in the remaster (apart from Stan) are likely to affect the coming chapters. While most of the changes are meant to improve the story as it was already written, there's a few of them that hints to what Eva might be planning for the coming updates.
  • Ian’s pictures and dream of Gillian. It’s too early to say for certain if she’ll show up in person or not, but she’ll definitely play a bigger role than what’s seemed likely earlier. The biggest plot twist would obviously be if she shows up or even turns out to be Mike's girlfriend. But even if that doesn't happen, it would fit in well with Ian's current potential character arcs. Will he stop looking at the pictures and decide to forget about her (Chad Ian), or will he just dig himself deeper into his own misery, in a path where he spends his time watching Jeremy's pictures, Lena's Stalkfap and thinking about how Gillian betrayed him?
  • Ian no longer having drinks with Axel. Eva mentioned the potential friendship between Axel and Ian in the latest Q&A, but said that she wasn't sure if she would be able to develop it, because of the complexity in the relationship between Ian, Lena and Axel. I would guess that’s part of the reason why Jeremy’s taken Axel’s role in that scene, and that a friendship between Ian and Axel is unlikely as things stand now.
  • The new interaction between Seymour and the Mayor. I think I wrote a post after chapter 9 about the Mayor and how it seemed likely that him and Seymour would be some kind of enemies, and that he was likely to play a bigger role now that Seymour's shown his true colours. With the new interactions between the two, and how the financial problems in the city is talked about a lot more in the remaster, I think that's pretty much confirmed.
  • Jeremy no longer sharing nudes of Louise. Maybe I just missed this on my playthrough, but as far as I could see, Jeremy doesn't share his nudes of Louise now. It doesn't have to mean anything special, but I could also imagine it being because Eva is planning for Ian and Louise to spend some time together, and decided it would work better without Ian having participated in that asshole behaviour already.
I bet there's more things, but that's the ones I could think of at the moment.
You missed the most monumentally important change, a tectonic plate shift, the likes of which throws the entire story for a loop now:
Billy's all black gangbang of Lena can't possibly happen if Billy isn't all black. He isn't even partially black now. Not even 10%. Why, Elizabeth Warren is more Indian now than Billy is black. How does Eva expect the all-black gangbang Billy is planning for Lena to happen now, with a Billy that's entirely white? It's silly. Eva really wrote herself into a corner with this one. I've already put in a bug for it. :unsure:

Last edited:

steama90

Jul 24, 2018
Hi guys, i need your help. I think i have played this game more than 10 times but, no matter what, i haven't still been able to fuck Minerva. I do not know what i'm doing wrong, eveng following walkthrough did not help. Can someone please give me the exact choices i have to make with her?

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
And finally, are we to believe that cheating was not something that was explicitly planned? Would she immediately break up with Ian because of her guilt after the Axel situation? I'm curious to see how things play out, but somehow, I feel like cheating will be one of the core routes on the Ian x Lena couple...
Sure, the relationship fantasy wouldn't be complete if the cheating wasn't allowed (it leads to character development regarding their hearbreaks but they would have to face their cheating at some point). Robert is a non-issue because Lena ends things with him 100% of the time if she's seeing Ian. If she didn't end it with Mike in Ch 9, there's possibility that he might be involved in the cheating. It's just... both Axel, Mike, and Louise are fairly isolated from Ian's story (at least for now) and Ian realizing the cheating with them would only impact his relationship with Lena (if he finds out), but not affect any of his own paths related to other characters. It might make things slightly easier with Cindy because Axel would be preoccupied but that's it really. I guess Ian might become enemies with Axel but it's a ticking bomb anyway, things have been set up for him to become Ian's antagonist.

Jeremy on the other hand is a completely different beast and directly impacts lots of other paths for Ian. Alison, Emma and probably Ivy, that were all dependant on Ian's good relationship with Jeremy and Jeremy's status overall. You can't really avoid creating a massive bloat of branches by simply keeping Jeremy's sins a secret for a few chapters. It would simply be prolonging the inevitable. Those other paths wouldn't go anywhere. Eventually (in 3, 4, 5, 6 chapters) they all would have to be addressed, and can you imagine checking whether Ian is Lena's boyfriend, whether he's also been seeing Alison / Emma, been Jeremy's eskimo brother, their friendship level and all that? And there's no telling how far all of those branches would progress, there might even be more of them in the future based on Ian's interactions with Jeremy. In addition to all the other content that does not rely on Ian and Lena being together, or Jeremy fucking with Lena. You say that you realize the complexity of the task, and yet if Lena was allowed to cheat with Jeremy in a committed relationship with Ian, at some point entire chapter would need to be dedicated to Jeremy alone based on all the text that would result from that, and then people would complain that "Eva works slowly" / "there's not enough content because I don't even like Jeremy". And Eva probably understands this can of worms that Lena cheating on Ian with Jeremy would bring and can see it from miles away. So yeah, if she decided to save herself lots of time by not enabling it, I fully understand her and I'm actually glad that she spared me from even more work by doing that.

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Im intrested to see how Lena reacts to Ian f*cking 3 women behind her back. I didn't know that I could also f*ck his bitchy boss minerva and Emma(Poor perry). Can Ian engage in a gangbang with Either axel or Jeremy??.

And I really hope there is a good ending for faithful Lena and Ian, they are such a good couple. Lena and Ian vibe on a diffrent level, though I think Lena is way above his level.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Sure, the relationship fantasy wouldn't be complete if the cheating wasn't allowed (it leads to character development regarding their hearbreaks but they would have to face their cheating at some point). Robert is a non-issue because Lena ends things with him 100% of the time if she's seeing Ian. If she didn't end it with Mike in Ch 9, there's possibility that he might be involved in the cheating. It's just... both Axel, Mike, and Louise are fairly isolated from Ian's story (at least for now) and Ian realizing the cheating with them would only impact his relationship with Lena (if he finds out), but not affect any of his own paths related to other characters. It might make things slightly easier with Cindy because Axel would be preoccupied but that's it really. I guess Ian might become enemies with Axel but it's a ticking bomb anyway, things have been set up for him to become Ian's antagonist.

Jeremy on the other hand is a completely different beast and directly impacts lots of other paths for Ian. Alison, Emma and probably Ivy, that were all dependant on Ian's good relationship with Jeremy and Jeremy's status overall. You can't really avoid creating a massive bloat of branches by simply keeping Jeremy's sins a secret for a few chapters. It would simply be prolonging the inevitable. Those other paths wouldn't go anywhere. Eventually (in 3, 4, 5, 6 chapters) they all would have to be addressed, and can you imagine checking whether Ian is Lena's boyfriend, whether he's also been seeing Alison / Emma, been Jeremy's eskimo brother, their friendship level and all that? And there's no telling how far all of those branches would progress, there might even be more of them in the future based on Ian's interactions with Jeremy. In addition to all the other content that does not rely on Ian and Lena being together, or Jeremy fucking with Lena. You say that you realize the complexity of the task, and yet if Lena was allowed to cheat with Jeremy in a committed relationship with Ian, at some point entire chapter would need to be dedicated to Jeremy alone based on all the text that would result from that, and then people would complain that "Eva works slowly" / "there's not enough content because I don't even like Jeremy". And Eva probably understands this can of worms that Lena cheating on Ian with Jeremy would bring and can see it from miles away. So yeah, if she decided to save herself lots of time by not enabling it, I fully understand her and I'm actually glad that she spared me from even more work by doing that.
But are you saying that the Lena x Jeremy situation is resolved right now? That by not sleeping with him and stopping all further interaction between them, they are in the clear? Certainly not. This is already a grave sin by both of them. Ian is not gonna be cool with any of this just because they were technically not a couple yet. This is precisely the same reasoning Lena used to break things off with Ian if he bangs Holly. And I hope neither you, nor the characters would assert that banging is crossing the line but BJ and sexting is somehow ok.

So Lena x Jeremy is already something that needs to be addressed if you want to give the agency you value so much to Ian. It is certainly already big enough to ruin Ian and Jeremy's friendship. That's basically my whole line of reasoning on why more Lena x Jeremy is not that much different than the current situation regarding its impact on Ian's path. It has to be addressed at some point and I certainly hope Ian is not gonna be like, "Jeremy bro, it's cool man. We were not an official couple yet so you didn't do anything wrong buddy." That would make no sense. It would logically be a potentially friendship ending event, which wouldn't be that much different than if he found out that they were cheating behind his back for a long time.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Maybe it'd make no sense to you, but it should be an option to let that pass or not
It doesn't make any sense for Ian's character. There is no denying it. All the sharing between Ian and Jeremy so far is very much in the open. Neither of them consider the girl they are sharing as anything more than fuck buddies. What happened with Lena and Jeremy is very different and is an abject betrayal that absolutely breaks the bro code. Not even just the bro code, but the basic tenant of friendship in general.

That said, I was referring to a forced resolution to this conflict by defaulting to giving him a pass. If it is a player choice, a flimsy reasoning to keep the friendship going could suffice for meta game reasons, but not if it's a forced resolution. The ongoing discussion is that this choice will create a rather complicated branch. It certainly will, but I was asserting that the current state of things and the potential situation where Lena and Jeremy secretly cheat for a while could essentially lead to a similar outcome. Ruined friendship vs somehow getting over it.

Furthermore, my initial post about this topic advocated for delaying this confrontation for as long as possible so that this could be resolve near the end, where branching concerns is not as much of an issue.

To reiterate, here is my thought process on this.
  • Lena x Jeremy sexting and BJ is a betrayal already.
  • To get past this issue, EvaKiss can do one of several things.
    • Player choice on giving it a pass or ending friendship.
    • Forced resolution by giving it a pass.
    • Keeping it secret and treating it as a mistake in Jeremy and Lena's mind.
  • If the player choice happens very soon, we are creating a complex branch that BloodyMares is wary about. Yes, it will affect quite a lot and be a headache for the dev.
  • Forced resolution by giving it a pass is a hard pill to swallow since it contradicts pretty much everything about the characters and is an unreasonable behavior given the situation.
  • Keeping it secret seems the most reasonable from both the dev and character perspective.
    • If Jeremy and Lena are keeping it a secret, continued cheating behind Ian's back shouldn't affect Ian's branch more than usual. It would just require some conditional text for Jeremy's behavior due to his guilt.
    • The confrontation can happen near the end to resolve this. In this case, it wouldn't be a choice between giving it a pass vs ruined friendship, but more of staying oblivious vs finding out.
I hope that makes sense. To be honest, if Jeremy x Lena is a hard no for Ian Lena couple route, the sexting and BJ should have been denied by Jeremy without the option for Lena to override it. It should have only proceeded if ian_lena_love = False. That's not what happened, so we are in this tricky situation. I wonder if this was a mistake on Eva's part, or if she indeed has plans for Jeremy x Lena cheating scenario.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
though I think Lena is way above his level.
Why? Lena is certainly above Ian's league in appearance. But otherwise, their life situation is pretty much the same, they have similar problems and haven't accomplished anything significant yet (although Ian is 26 and Lena is 23, so yes, +1 loser point for Ian here). They both don't have the best circle of friends, with daredevils trying to push them into some kind of adventure, relationship and trust issues, and the overall experience of betrayal weighs heavily on them, bringing problems. Both of them begin to make some headway in their lives just as the events of the game begin to unfold. In general, their social situation is not different. So, what level are we talking about? If that "level" is determined only by hotness, then this is some kind of incel mumbo jumbo bullshit.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes