Nov 15, 2020
I feel pretty confident that the Holly image is from Lena’s side of the story, as I don’t see any logical situation where Holly would canonically look so nervous with Ian. Also Lena didn’t have any scenes with her in the latest chapter.

If she’s being mentored by Ivy, she’s also relatively comfortable getting undressed with her and Lena; making it likely that this is some kind of new situation for Holly. My guess would be Lena and/or Ivy convincing her to join a (semi) nude photoshoot.

Or, who knows, another sexy night at Ivy’s place, just with some guy as well, invited by Ivy. (“Surprise, Holly! Since you haven’t done as I said and fucked Mark, I took the matter in my own hands and invited someone over. You know, that bouncer you talked to, the one who’s three times your size and whose dick probably is the size of your arm. Exactly what you need when you’re insecure and lacking sexual confidence and haven’t had sex with a man in years.”)

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Weird thing, though. The image is called v10_holly9. So it is the 9th image in a scene focusing on Holly. So I agree it is likely some Ivy's game like situation. Maybe some dare game with Ivy and Lena and possibly some (lucky) guy?
Doesn't have to be the same scene though. In Chapter 9, the image where Ivy kisses Holly is called v9_holly8, because the other 7 were used for the scene with Ian. So it could be that this is the new scene after the protagonist switch, or just a separate scene for another branch.

Nov 15, 2020
Doesn't have to be the same scene though. In Chapter 9, the image where Ivy kisses Holly is called v9_holly8, because the other 7 were used for the scene with Ian. So it could be that this is the new scene after the protagonist switch, or just a separate scene for another branch.
Yeah, my thought as well. From Eva’s reports it sounds like (a big chunk of) Ian’s part comes first, and if the theory that this image is from Lena’s part of the story is correct, I’m guessing on one of two things: This is the start of Lena’s scene, and up to 8 other images are from an Ian+Holly scene; or it’s similar as earlier where you have two different Holly scenes depending on if you’re “corrupting” her or not.

Or maybe even both.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Maybe. But this is only one image, not a second scene. Holly has 3 scenes in V8, v8_holly, v8_hotel and v8_ivy. Cindy has 2 scenes in V9, v9_cindy and v9_cindy_shoot. Robert has 2 scenes in V4, v4_robert and v4_restaurant. So it would be a first for 2 scenes to share a name.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Maybe. But this is only one image, not a second scene. Holly has 3 scenes in V8, v8_holly, v8_hotel and v8_ivy. Cindy has 2 scenes in V9, v9_cindy and v9_cindy_shoot. Robert has 2 scenes in V4, v4_robert and v4_restaurant. So it would be a first for 2 scenes to share a name.
Could also be a placeholder name then. It just seems weird that this image would be in the middle of the scene. Usually by the 5th image everyone is naked. And if it's a photo shoot, then similarly to Cindy, it'd probably be called v10_holly_shoot9 or something like that, but then it would be an instant spoiler for those curious enough to check the name of the picture.

It also depends on Eva's progress with that scene. If it was written before that image was shared, then I doubt it'll be renamed in the final game, because updating all the references just wastes time. But if the scene has not been written yet, then it makes sense why it's named this way, and a more scene-accurate name could be given later.

Nov 15, 2020
It just seems weird that this image would be in the middle of the scene. Usually by the 5th image everyone is naked.
Counter theory: It's one of the last pictures of the scene, as Holly's getting dressed afterwards.

Old Holly: shy, uncomfortable with being nude, afraid of having sex. New Holly: open minded, sleeps around with whoever she wants to, so comfortable being nude that she instead gets really nervous the moment she needs to put on clothes again

vvvhhhhnnn

Mar 28, 2020
Holly and/or Cindy at a post-club thing with the other girls and some of the men would be great. Also, the game's clearly setting up a dance storyline that ties into the girls' changing characters (with Holly applauding when Ivy does sexy dance) so at some point Holly's going to try sexier dancing, and this could be that

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
6-7 months, enjoy
I am pretty tired of this discussion, every time EK puts out an update the back and forth in this sub starts. With people acusing and other making excuses, people getting called haters and simps alike. I would love a more regular cycle as much as the next guy but similar to discussions I observed and participated in on the LoP thread it is moot.

But not unlike LoP where the question revolved around the business model (their old subscriber model vs Patreon or Steam) the much more interesting question is if a revised more frequent release schedule can be achieved through outsourcing elements of the development and in turn these cost can be recouped by significant growth in Patreon subscribers. I am not sure I think it would require much larger marketing as well as a release on Steam for ORS and GGGB (which requires changes). Then EK would need a large cushion to bridge the period until the growth is sustainable and she can return to a monthly schedule. One last point although it has been brought up here a lot. These changes would require her to drop this gardening aproach in writing (at least somewhat) and people have been argueing for and against that as much as about the release windows.

Even though let's be honest this isn't Thomas Pynchon but at the end of the day a "x-rated" VN with a die-hard community on a piracy forum that is heavily projecting into the characters. There I managed to call all of us (and that includes me) simps at the end... ;)

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I am pretty tired of this discussion, every time EK puts out an update the back and forth in this sub starts. With people acusing and other making excuses, people getting called haters and simps alike. I would love a more regular cycle as much as the next guy but similar to discussions I observed and participated in on the LoP thread it is moot.

But not unlike LoP where the question revolved around the business model (their old subscriber model vs Patreon or Steam) the much more interesting question is if a revised more frequent release schedule can be achieved through outsourcing elements of the development and in turn these cost can be recouped by significant growth in Patreon subscribers. I am not sure I think it would require much larger marketing as well as a release on Steam for ORS and GGGB (which requires changes). Then EK would need a large cushion to bridge the period until the growth is sustainable and she can return to a monthly schedule. One last point although it has been brought up here a lot. These changes would require her to drop this gardening aproach in writing (at least somewhat) and people have been argueing for and against that as much as about the release windows.

Even though let's be honest this isn't Thomas Pynchon but at the end of the day a "x-rated" VN with a die-hard community on a piracy forum that is heavily projecting into the characters. There I managed to call all of us (and that includes me) simps at the end... ;)
What does "gardening approach to writing" means? (EN is not my first language)

Also, I haven't play GGGB but why does things needs to be changed for that to be on steam?

Reactions: sava75
4.60 star(s) 309 Votes