Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Nobody follows just one path ... boy MC for a couple a scenes, then onwards to gal MC for the others.
We are required to go through both paths in each playthrough.
Ok, I'll take that back. Probably it is a pain to add just 1-2 lines of dialog for something that happened 3 chapters ago and also make sure that those lines fit properly with the rest of the text. And after that is done, do it all over again. I guess the only solution here is to forget about some variables and replaced them with something else. For example: If you slept with Cindy in chapter 9 it doesn't matter if you did it in chapter 7 as well. Never mind, it still does, because Jeremy and Ivy would know about it. So yeah, I get your point, it's not easy.

Ok, but there isn't someone that tells Eva that she needs to do more work in the same amount of time. Why double the size of the chapters and the number of scenes included in one? Probably the answer is to make sure that almost every character gets a scene with one of the MCs. That way, if someone is only interested to see the content with Cindy and Robert, he/she would get that. For them it will be a good chapter. The other scenario would be: have scenes with Cindy and Robert every other chapter. But if you do that, there is a chance that some patreons will leave and come back every other chapter. Tricky situation.

Is there anyone that follows just one path ?

• Angry
Reactions: Balsamic

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
Lest you get a rushed ending with Lena suddenly deciding to burn the city "to show everyone who's boss", have Ian decides he wants to get in exile after killing her, and Perry become king of the town because "he's the one most deserving".
This sounds familiar, similar to a show that I once loved. To bad it ended after 6 seasons. There were some rumors that there will be 2 more, but all we got was Lena coming back in to the city after a safari trip, Ian winning an award for his book and Seymour finding out that he is pregnant, after getting a new load from a bank.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
Nobody follows just one path ... boy MC for a couple a scenes, then onwards to gal MC for the others.
We are required to go through both paths in each playthrough.
That is not what I had in mind with that question. Let me try again: Is there anyone interested to see only the content with Lena and Robert (or pick your favorite couple) and nothing else? By path I was thinking more of different playthroughs. At one point I had 7 (Both Ian & Lena can't get over their ex partners; Ian-Cindy and Lena-Mike, etc.). I wouldn't mind if the chapters would be smaller.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You did it again. The game is about the players following at least 2 paths, LEna and Ian.
This is not a one path game, never was.
This game gets boring with just one path - wham + bam+ thank you ma”am end of game.

Need I remind you Lena is swarmen by men all over the place? She has no challenge.
The only challenge is realistically Ian:
-on his path, you could realistically end up with nobody unless you are aggressive with the girls.
That is not what I had in mind with that question. Let me try again: Is there anyone interested to see only the content with Lena and Robert (or pick your favorite couple) and nothing else? By path I was thinking more of different playthroughs. At one point I had 7 (Both Ian & Lena can't get over their ex partners; Ian-Cindy and Lena-Mike, etc.). I wouldn't mind if the chapters would be smaller.
Lena could just jump on any number of shlongs at any given time and game over.
Unless you wanna dumb her down, hummiliate her and turn her into meat for all the guys to beat to.
Your choice.

Last edited:

punisher33

Feb 7, 2020

Unlocked
Quick status update
Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, it's that time of year again and like Holly and Ian I'm attending a book fair and I'm without my usual means of communication. I know some of you got a bit worried, my bad. I'm taking a few days off and I'll continue with work on Monday, meanwhile I'm using this away time to make some much needed work on the structure of the story and how the future chapters will proceed.
Soon you'll have more detailed news, but I hope to publish some content for you very soon! Again, sorry for the lack of communication on my part, but be assured work keeps going strong! Take care, and talk to you soon :)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Good call!
We could all use a white night walking the empty streets thinking of a loving partner ...
Or we could spend it with that loving partner.
Either way, empty streets at night time off is nice.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017

Unlocked
Quick status update
Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, it's that time of year again and like Holly and Ian I'm attending a book fair and I'm without my usual means of communication. I know some of you got a bit worried, my bad. I'm taking a few days off and I'll continue with work on Monday, meanwhile I'm using this away time to make some much needed work on the structure of the story and how the future chapters will proceed.
Soon you'll have more detailed news, but I hope to publish some content for you very soon! Again, sorry for the lack of communication on my part, but be assured work keeps going strong! Take care, and talk to you soon :)
Oof... December it is, I guess. Was hoping for Chapter 10 to drop in Nobember for the 1 Year anniversary of Chapter 9.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Milking accusations for this dev make no sense. She has already completed one game, released 9 updates of a somehow even more complex and higher quality game, the last one being a few months ago. And yet people say she is milking because... reasons.

If she is milking, all the other big developers who release once or twice a year are milking too.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
You did it again. The game is about the players following at least 2 paths, LEna and Ian.
This is not a one path game, never was.
This game gets boring with just one path - wham + bam+ thank you ma”am end of game.

Need I remind you Lena is swarmen by men all over the place? She has no challenge.
The only challenge is realistically Ian:
-on his path, you could realistically end up with nobody unless you are aggressive with the girls.

Lena could just jump on any number of shlongs at any given time and game over.
Unless you wanna dumb her down, hummiliate her and turn her into meat for all the guys to beat to.
Your choice.
Ok, I will try one more time and I will start by quoting you: "You did it again." You clearly don't understand what I am trying to say. I was curious to see how many of you use only one save when you play the game. Why? Because I was wondering how many people would be affected if the chapters would be cut in half in scope, and instead of getting a scene with character X in every chapter you would get one every other chapter, or once every 3 chapters. It was a simple attempt to move the conversation in a different direction.

So no, you don't have 2 paths, you have only one. When you start a game, at the end you have only one save, only one playthrough. I never stated that this was just a play it once type of game and even after I said that I had 7 saves at one point you try to explain to me how the game works and that I need to play it multiple times.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018
Def milking. Each update takes like 4-5 months and they said they've been trying to figure out the story every week. Hire a writer maybe if youre struggling that hard. When I first heard of this game when they released the last update I was about to support on patreon because the quality was so good, but checked the work ethic, and time between release and how long it took her to even release the remaster. Dev should be ashamed of themselves for exploiting the people who support them.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Def milking. Each update takes like 4-5 months and they said they've been trying to figure out the story every week. Hire a writer maybe if youre struggling that hard.
Wow, you're right! George RR Martin needs to hire Stephen King to finish the Song of Ice and Fire for him in a couple of months... Who cares if King has his own books to write...

DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
My two cents are the following. If you want to criticise Eva for the development of ORS, you should criticise her for the decisions she has made regarding the scope of the game - not for milking her patrons, or for purposefully slowing down the release of new chapters.

While the game certainly takes much longer to develop, it is not like the updates don't come with any additional content, that corresponds to the additional time taken. Generally, the average chapter of ORS contains more scenes and more images than the average episode of GGGB, so the additional development is clearly used to pack more into each update. Therefore, I don't think that you can say that she is milking her patrons, as that would mean the updates are constantly being delayed without any output to show for it.

Instead, it is abundantly clear to me that the reason why this game takes so long to develop nowadays, is because she has taken on twice the amount of work. Assuming that you want to keep the content per MC roughly the same as in GGGB, adding an additional MC immediately implies that you would need to double the work you do, even if you wouldn't intertwine their stories at all. However, their stories are intertwined, which means that you must now consider not only how each MC relates to their own closest group of characters, but also how each MC relates to the other MC's closest group of characters. Naturally, this makes the game increasingly complicated to develop, with longer times between updates as a consequence.

Both of these are caused by Eva herself, though, which makes me less sympathetic to her development struggles, and less accepting of the increased development time. Literally anyone could have predicated that this was going to happen when she announced that the game was going to have to MCs, which makes you wonder how Eva decided to move forward with that idea. Likely, all of the problems could have been solved by just keeping the scope at a reasonable level, something that Eva is solely responsible for. For this, I think you have every right to criticise her, and express dissatisfaction at how long the game is taking to develop.

Further, the development tendencies aren't great either. Looking back, the game was actually released relatively frequently for the first five (or so) chapters, after which it has slowed down tremendously. It feels as if every status update contains some comment about how the week wasn't as productive as she would have liked, or how she is struggling with the writing. Clearly, this is a worrying trend, because it suggest that the development is unlikely to speed up, and that, if anything, it will probably slow down, which is once again a consequence of the decisions that she has made regarding the cope of the game.

Personally, I also feel quite annoyed with how Eva seems to have completely accepted that this is now a game that takes five months to develop, and is making no effort to find ways to reduce this time. As long as this doesn't impact her patron numbers, she isn't really incentivized to do so either, which adds to the impression that this game is more likely to slow down in development, rather than speed up, and that Eva really hasn't managed this in the best way possible.

Overall, then, I think that you can criticise Eva for several things when it comes to the development of ORS. Milking, is not one of them. Mismanaging the scope and development, though, is something that I do think Eva has made herself guilty of. It is just unfortunate that it has come to this, because at the end of the day, we all just want as many updates as possible. And while five months can be a huge update for a 3D game, a 2D game does't really compare in this regard...

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes