CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
So has there not been a progress update in 11 days? And no new content in 2022? I really like EvaKiss and have been following her since early development of GGGB but I've seen too many games slowly creep into abandonment to not start to recognise the signs here. Shame.
If you panic over little things like that, I wonder how you'd wait for an inra with a major production like Being a DIK, where the entire second season was practically two years in development.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Do you even understand how the development of non-linear games with a choice is going on? With each update, the options for passing increase, the amount of content and adult scenes, dialogues and drawing art grows. And this is a 2D game. Every art is hand drawn, no graphics cards to do all the work. Development time is increasing.
Episode 1 - 0 scenes
Episode 2 - 2 scenes
Episode 4 - 5 scenes
Planned episode 10 - 12 scenes.
Stop panicking and whining.
Early September - mid October most possible release window
how many scenes was episode 9?

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Remastered version took 5 and a half month to develop.

May 22nd - chapter 8 alpha
Oct 24th- chapter 9 alpha
April 8th - remastered alpha

When author started the project she said updates will come every other month (as opposed to GGGB that released almost every month afair). Obviously, life verifies your plans, but if it takes you almost THREE TIMES LONGER to develop a single update than what you thought initially - there is something wrong/stuff happening behind the scenes. Something like that should not happen to someone who has already finished one game and has the experience.

If she's gonna keep her current pace we'll get only one "real" update this whole year. That's absolutely horrible and I don't know how anyone can defend that.
My man spitting facts. It took the dev 3 months to do same work she previously did in 2. Well, that's allegedly for now since Eva said Ian's part of the story for Chapter 10 is as long as the entire Chapter 5, but we'll see if that is true. Either way, a sign of her slowing down is here.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
Depends on how you view scenes; in the original chapter 9 we got:
IanxAlison, IanxCherry, IanxCindy, IanxLena, IanxHolly, AlisonxJeremy(phone), EmmaxJeremy(phone), LenaxAxel, LenaxMike, LenaxRobert, LenaxSeymour so that's 11 scenes and you can add 2 more if we add the LenaxAxel and CindyxAxel photo shoot.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
9 sex scenes + 2 photoshoots. If we count everything together - 11. Ivy/Holly kiss doesn't count as a scene, it's just two
pictures.

My man spitting facts. It took the dev 3 months to do same work she previously did in 2. Well, that's allegedly for now since Eva said Ian's part of the story for Chapter 10 is as long as the entire Chapter 5, but we'll see if that is true. Either way, a sign of her slowing down is here.
Yes, apparently we will get the biggest episode of all. If we count from the release of the final version of the Remaster, and this was in late April, then 2.5 months have passed to work on the Ian path. If we are halfway there, then we need another 2 and a half months to work on the game and one to two weeks for beta testing. That is, it takes a little more time to develop than Episode 9.
So I don't see any slowdown. The problem is the growth in the amount of content, as in all similar games. And unlike GGGB, this game is better, more beautiful graphically, more difficult to script and much larger. I'm not surprised that the development is long. GGGB and ORS are like an indie game and a AAA project in comparison. EvaKiss alone is developing a top project.
Her only problem is that she listens too much to whining and disgruntled snowflakes from Patreon and Discord.
They don't like Ian's choice of clothes - Eva remodels.
They don't like Stan's representation - Eva rewrites him and changes his appearance.
They don't like some choices - Eva changes them.
This is called being led by disgruntled and screaming attention whores.

HypMarteer

Apr 17, 2020
no.. but its a very VERY long time since the last update.. since nowadays most devs remake A LOT of the game when they are very far into development process already.. I find it annooying.. but oh well..

There is no release date for the next update..im guessing.. A LOT of time... And i rly doubt that the amount of content will be worth the wait... hope im wrong... but i dont think so...

i usually come to this thread to learn if there is anything new.. but whatever news she releases, gets ofuscated by the amount of philospphy this guys are throying in here debating the fucking game lmao. So absically you wont get much info here aswell xD
Imagine complaining about using the game's forums for talking about the actual game as opposed to whining like a baby that you don't get your updates for free at the pace you would like ...

restlez

Jan 20, 2018
there are a lot of games here being updated to try while waiting for another... if you only spend your days on this forum maybe you'll run out of new content fast. I usually spend more time here reading about fan theories or tips or discoveries about the games I follow rather than just expecting every one of those games to get an update every time I drop by. Also for those who do not have an appreciation for complexities of multi-branching stories and the ensuing challenges, it would help if you take more than a minute to find those out.

I've recently started supporting evakiss because of this title and also how she engages on her patreon. I do have to say in my opinion, among the few game threads with over a thousand pages on this forum, this vn's development seems to be quite balanced in terms of quantity and quality.

That's just my two cents worth. What ever your preferences, hope you all find something to enjoy on the forums. And hope you all stay healthy and active too, people in my neighbourhood still getting covid and for some 'long covid' complications seem to be causing a lot of issues. Peace:coffee:

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Gotta love the ignore feature. He posts this bullshit and MY replies are deleted? Moderators are all braindead.
Feel for you. You need to learn how to post seemingly milquetoast comments that are dripping with irony and sarcasm that slip under the radar. Also, coming hard at multiple people with 4 consecutive posts didn't help, just sayin'.

Last edited:

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
9 sex scenes + 2 photoshoots. If we count everything together - 11. Ivy/Holly kiss doesn't count as a scene, it's just two
pictures.

Yes, apparently we will get the biggest episode of all. If we count from the release of the final version of the Remaster, and this was in late April, then 2.5 months have passed to work on the Ian path. If we are halfway there, then we need another 2 and a half months to work on the game and one to two weeks for beta testing. That is, it takes a little more time to develop than Episode 9.
So I don't see any slowdown. The problem is the growth in the amount of content, as in all similar games. And unlike GGGB, this game is better, more beautiful graphically, more difficult to script and much larger. I'm not surprised that the development is long. GGGB and ORS are like an indie game and a AAA project in comparison. EvaKiss alone is developing a top project.
Her only problem is that she listens too much to whining and disgruntled snowflakes from Patreon and Discord.
They don't like Ian's choice of clothes - Eva remodels.
They don't like Stan's representation - Eva rewrites him and changes his appearance.
They don't like some choices - Eva changes them.
This is called being led by disgruntled and screaming attention whores.
This is false. It has been 3 months at least since she started working on it.

• Haha
Reactions: RozenCharles

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
This is false. It has been 3 months at least since she started working on it.
Math doesn't lie. It's was 2.5 months. Final version of Remaster was 25 th April. The time between the alpha release and the final version remains on fixing bugs. She may have time to develop a new part only after the final version. The last status was July 8th. It's 2 months and two weeks
Снимок1.JPG Снимок.JPG

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Don't think. Just consoome.
Only it's not thinking, it's whining. "Oh no, we haven't gotten new content in SEVERAL MONTHS, what a tragedy!" These guys apparently don't even check the Patreon posts that the episode is being worked on, or do you believe it's milking? Well that's bullshit, if you want to see some real scam-milking, check out Patreon of Mulan, who has been promising for almost two years that an update on Defenestration is about to come out, just a little longer.

You wrote that what used to be done in 2-3 months is done in 4-5 months. Well of course, what did you expect? First of all, after the remaster, a new bar is set in the quality of art, which takes more time to create. Secondly, the number of branches, which need to develop in one way or another in the next or through one episode has reached its peak for the two protagonists, which is written by one person, and given the scheme that in one episode the scenes will be with one half of the cast, and in the next one the other, it requires thinking outside the box, to keep the content fresh, interesting and consistent for both these "sides". So by itself the development time has increased.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
This happens in every thread, there are always some entitled people ready to complain. My only surprise is how long it took to happen here.
I am sure if you look back on this thread there is another dry spell where people don't have new content to talk about, so they whine, spin conspiracies, and troll instead.

Last edited:

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Only it's not thinking, it's whining. "Oh no, we haven't gotten new content in SEVERAL MONTHS, what a tragedy!" These guys apparently don't even check the Patreon posts that the episode is being worked on, or do you believe it's milking? Well that's bullshit, if you want to see some real scam-milking, check out Patreon of Mulan, who has been promising for almost two years that an update on Defenestration is about to come out, just a little longer.

You wrote that what used to be done in 2-3 months is done in 4-5 months. Well of course, what did you expect? First of all, after the remaster, a new bar is set in the quality of art, which takes more time to create. Secondly, the number of branches, which need to develop in one way or another in the next or through one episode has reached its peak for the two protagonists, which is written by one person, and given the scheme that in one episode the scenes will be with one half of the cast, and in the next one the other, it requires thinking outside the box, to keep the content fresh, interesting and consistent for both these "sides". So by itself the development time has increased.
Don't think, consoome!

You try to defend it but you simply fail. I said it took the dev a whole month longer to do the exact same thing, according to dev herself, she did in 2 months before. The next Chapter will take 6 months minimum, most likely 7, to come out a whole year after Chapter 9. That's not "4-5" months. The last update, the Remaster, took 5 and a half months to complete and it's generally considered to be an unnecessary addition.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
The thing is, It took Eva 2 Months to finish the entire Chapter 5. She said just Ian's part to write of Chapter 10, so half of it presumably, was as long as that whole Chapter 5 and it took her 3 months to finish it. The 2 "exact" lengths but one took a month longer to finish. I don't understand why this is so hard to get for you?

Nobody is denying the game has become more complex so it might take longer to finish an update, then again GGGB didn't have this issue, the thing is that the dev is showing active slow down of the development process.
In length, but not in quality. I don't know exactly how many scenes are in Chapter 5, but clearly less than the 12 that will be in Chapter 10. Next, a new style of art, which again is more labor intensive, perhaps there will be new branches that have long been promised (Ivy, Jess). Plus the events take place right after the turning point with Seymour, so Lena's POV is likely to be more suspenseful, which also needs to be properly written.

Are you serious? Have you ever played GGGB? Its development didn't slow down, because the further the game went, the less complex it became. Towards the end there are repetitive scenes in which only the characters change.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
In length, but not in quality.
Don't know what this is supposed to mean? It became "more complex in quality"? The fuck is that?

I'm literally talking about the script and the length of it. Allegedly, half of Chapter 10 is as long as the entire Chapter 5 yet it took a month longer to finish it. Whatever your attempt at an excuse here is, it's not working. There is no excuse.

a-pollo

Mar 5, 2019
The thing is, It took Eva 2 Months to finish the entire Chapter 5. She said just Ian's part to write of Chapter 10, so half of it presumably, was as long as that whole Chapter 5 and it took her 3 months to finish it. The 2 "exact" lengths but one took a month longer to finish. I don't understand why this is so hard to get for you?

Nobody is denying the game has become more complex so it might take longer to finish an update, then again GGGB didn't have this issue, the thing is that the dev is showing active slow down of the development process.

"Yadayada, keep trolling", yeah, go with that "argument". That's the only valid one you will be able to make. It's just trolling :D
In length, but not in quality. I don't know exactly how many scenes are in Chapter 5, but clearly less than the 12 that will be in Chapter 10. Next, a new style of art, which again is more labor intensive, perhaps there will be new branches that have long been promised (Ivy, Jess). Plus the events take place right after the turning point with Seymour, so Lena's POV is likely to be more suspenseful, which also needs to be properly written.

Are you serious? Have you ever played GGGB? Its development didn't slow down, because the further the game went, the less complex it became. Towards the end there are repetitive scenes in which only the characters change.
That.

And she said the writing part of Ian's Chapter 10 is as long as the whole Chapter 5. We're talking about how many words, not how many branches she have to handle, how many arts are involved in that amount of script.

It's unfortunate how much time we have to wait between updates and Eva placed herself in a difficult spot, yes. Nobody argue that. But, as anything, we can (did we?) blame her lack of organization scaling up such a complex game. And if we're not happy about it we can stop supporting her on Patreon, nobody's putting a gun on our head forcing us to do that.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes