patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
According to the charts, Eva is losing patrons each month and since a few months ago she lost over 300 patrons. I just cancelled my own subscription yesterday due to the mental attitude of other obsessive fans who want everyone to wait with them instead of releasing part of the chapter now (they will have to wait the same time anyway). Really crazy attitude if you ask me.

Oh yeah, those pesky 80% of obsessive fans (amongst those who voted of course, ie close to 800 people) . They're a plague, truly.

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
Maybe because in April she released the last update, driving up her subscriptions? Why not, if you are really interested in comparable data, compare Aug 11, 2021 with Aug 11, 2022? That is 2223 to 2198. So she lost 25 patreons in one year, or a whooping 1.12 percent. Her downfall clearly is imminent!
I find your interpretation of the graphic fascinating.

You say that she only lost 25 patrons between Aug 11 2021 - Aug 11 2022 but you ignore on purpose that she reached the top on Apr 25 2022 with 2643 patrons only to lose 445 patrons the next months.

That's what the data/graphic says.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Other major AVN threads: people sharing theories, discussing characters, plot, linking to music from the game, drawing memes, having fun and lightly pranking each other.
Our Red String thread: MASSACRE

You also have some good points and I totally agree that this ("they always got to one up themselves.") is a problem, especially when you already deliver quality content with mostly positive reviews.

About BADIK, the funny thing is that I stopped following the thread around the middle point of season 2. Way too many comments. Now I don't even remember the sub plots. I know just that I liked Sage, Bella and Quinn (somehow I am always interested in the bad girls that are not that bad in the end). Now, when can my boy Ian take Ivy on a date ? :D
Too bad you left. This is the funniest and friendliest thread ever and it's almost 10,000 pages long. I've rarely seen anyone turn on offended mode there. Well, trolls with a "lazy developer milking money" line are quickly kicked out there.

Last edited:

dundun

Jul 6, 2017

You say that she only lost 25 patrons between Aug 11 2021 - Aug 11 2022 but you ignore on purpose that she reached the top on Apr 25 2022 with 2643 patrons only to lose 445 patrons the next months.

Not half as fascinating as you ignoring on purpose my first sentence where I explain why the numbers were so high in April. Aug 11 to Aug 11 is comparable because they are at same time in the month and both are several months after a release. Why are you comparing Apr 25 with Auf 11 except that this time frame shows what you want.
You know what, I'll just do the same, pick the days so that 'the data' shows the opposite. Let's compare Feb 1st, 2022 with Jul 31, 2022. EvaKiss gained 444 patreons, from 1983 to 2427, in just 6 months! Tada!

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Not half as fascinating as you ignoring on purpose my first sentence where I explain why the numbers were so high in April. Aug 11 to Aug 11 is comparable because they are at same time in the month and both are several months after a release. Why are you comparing Apr 25 with Auf 11 except that this time frame shows what you want.
You know what, I'll just do the same, pick the days so that 'the data' shows the opposite. Let's compare Feb 1st, 2022 with Jul 31, 2022. EvaKiss gained 444 patreons, from 1983 to 2427, in just 6 months! Tada!
As the saying goes, figures don't lie, but liars figure.

Also 73.6% of all asserted statistics are made up on the spot. ;)

sauron93

Donor
Nov 6, 2020
If that's your end all be all sure haha. You got more post activity on here than I do anyway. I'll be back in a week or two to check on some updates while you'll prob complain some more.
I have made 130 msgs in 2 yrs.. I only mentioned your joining yr because u correlated people making criticism on a game to "having no life"... which doesn't even make sense.. So I assumed anything goes lol

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Oh yeah, those pesky 80% of obsessive fans (amongst those who voted of course, ie close to 800 people) . They're a plague, truly.
Just 800 people? Then it's very interesting to me. Around 1200 people seem to support Eva and not even participate in the poll asking their opinion. So I assume the absolute majority is fine with either option then.

The top doesn't matter because it's rare when you reach that number. You can have bad months (lowest number) or good months (best number). You take one good month and compare it to not-so-good months. What matters is the average number that you can rely on most of the months. You can only see the change for the worse or the better if the average number changes as well. You can't know this if you only compare several months to each other.

For the more accurate conclusion, calculate average number of patrons in 2021 and compare it to the average number of patrons in 2022, and then compare them to each other. Or you can take 6-month periods if you wish, since 2022 is not over yet.

What's clear to me is that Eva's membership stopped growing, but to say that it declined just wouldn't be accurate if the average number stays the same. However, if the average is the same, then Eva gets less money because production cost has increased since last year and there hasn't been enough consistent growth to cover for it. I can see why she's reluctant hiring more people because it's an investment which may not translate to immediate returns.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I can't imagine being a pirate complaining about waiting on a game I'm not paying for. Glad I got a life outside this forum. :KEK:
Pirate? Tell me, how does one pirate a game that is eventually released for free to the public? Some folks in here do support the dev.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I really love Eva's games. I think they're the best adult games (female protagonist) . There's nothing even close. But If I understand she's working on it full time? I just don't understand how can this take so long if you have few hours daily to work. If she have other job, working only weekends okay my bad, but she make quite a good money. So she probably working full time on it. Maybe she's not enjoying it anymore. I think it's more possible that she's just lost passion for making this. Who knows.
Suggestion for better understanding: Take a look at BloodyMares' guide for ORS. Look at all the possible major branching decisions and stat changes in even Episode 1 alone. Consider how complex that is for one character, let alone two. Look at the quality of the art and the quality of the writing.

Hell, do the same for GGGB, which was fairly less complex.

Then compare it to the branching in your own game, the art quality, the writing, the stat changes and number of different stats to track. I'm not trying to be offensive. I just don't think you fully realize the work that goes into this game as yours so far is comparatively quite simple in a large variety of ways. Few decisions or branching pathways. Of what decisions there are, the majority are a minor +1-or-not two-choice stat change, tied to an NPC.

The plethora of choices in Eva's games, the minute details of multiple decisions in a single choice tree and how each decision effects multiple forms of stats (not just one stat), the AMOUNT of choice trees that pop-up as opposed to clicking through lines of text, the mini games, the effort on quality art and writing, all in just the (relatively) simple first chapter alone, is going to take just so much more time. Couple that with the increasing complexity of every accumulative chapter.

Is ORS maybe too complex, Eva biting off more than she could chew? There's a very good argument for that. But it's absolutely no mystery why her chapters take so long for anyone paying attention to the complexity of her games vs other VNs, as well as to the level of quality in art & writing. (Though TBF, art and especially writing took a big leap forward in ORS, with the beginning of GGGB starting on a simple "Hello. I am the main character of this game. Now here's a bunch of lines of exposition that would fail you out of a basic writing course.")

Last edited:

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that every chapter is bigger than the one before it. How long can this go well. Half a year for the next chapter, nine months for the next one, a year for the following?
Exactly, that's the real problem. Eventually it will reach a point where it will become simply too stressful and unbearable to keep working on the game, the dev is already struggling as is.... a change is needed, like a bigger team.... the game is too big for Eva alone. Otherwise, I can see the abandoned tag as a possible future for ORS. I pray from the bottom of my heart that doesn't happen but I'm losing hope tbh.
Anyway, when my boy Stan finally gets to bang Lena then i can die a happy man... that's all that matters to me

Last edited:

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Pirate? Tell me, how does one pirate a game that is eventually released for free to the public? Some folks in here do support the dev.
But that's the thing, this game is not released for free to the public, it's leaked to the public. For GGGB, you can only buy it either directly on Patreon or on itch.io. If you find it for free elsewhere, it means it's pirated. Same for ORS.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes