LaPein

Sep 26, 2017
I think the decision of the patrons is very bad for the game. As many people said updates are getting bigger and more complex, so with this decision i fear evakiss will cut out content at some point and this will be far worse for the game than just releasing the ian/lena part earlier.

Arata20

Jan 14, 2018
I think the decision of the patrons is very bad for the game. As many people said updates are getting bigger and more complex, so with this decision i fear evakiss will cut out content at some point and this will be far worse for the game than just releasing the ian/lena part earlier.
Weird people on this forum. Sometimes they criticize those who speak badly about the game and are not patrons, sometimes they criticize the patrons themselves because them don't like their decision. :Kappa:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Suggestion for better understanding: Take a look at BloodyMares' guide for ORS. Look at all the possible major branching decisions and stat changes in even Episode 1 alone. Consider how complex that is for one character, let alone two. Look at the quality of the art and the quality of the writing.

Hell, do the same for GGGB, which was fairly less complex.

Then compare it to the branching in your own game, the art quality, the writing, the stat changes and number of different stats to track. I'm not trying to be offensive. I just don't think you fully realize the work that goes into this game as yours so far is comparatively quite simple in a large variety of ways. Few decisions or branching pathways. Of what decisions there are, the majority are a minor +1-or-not two-choice stat change, tied to an NPC.

The plethora of choices in Eva's games, the minute details of multiple decisions in a single choice tree and how each decision effects multiple forms of stats (not just one stat), the AMOUNT of choice trees that pop-up as opposed to clicking through lines of text, the mini games, the effort on quality art and writing, all in just the (relatively) simple first chapter alone, is going to take just so much more time. Couple that with the increasing complexity of every accumulative chapter.

Is ORS maybe too complex, Eva biting off more than she could chew? There's a very good argument for that. But it's absolutely no mystery why her chapters take so long for anyone paying attention to the complexity of her games vs other VNs, as well as to the level of quality in art & writing. (Though TBF, art and especially writing took a big leap forward in ORS, with the beginning of GGGB starting on a simple "Hello. I am the main character of this game. Now here's a bunch of lines of exposition that would fail you out of a basic writing course.")
Yeah, you can try to rationalize but compare GGGB development cycles with ORS.
It's like going from a porsche to a bicycle.

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
Yeah, you can try to rationalize but compare GGGB development cycles with ORS.
It's like going from a porsche to a bicycle.
I’m just gonna repeat what I wrote last time this came up:

The things is, the amount of content per month has been relatively stable throughout the development of both of Evakiss’ games. I did a search and found this post from a while ago:

GGGB had about 7000 lines of code per update and it took a month. Chapters 2 to 5 took about 1.5 months and had around 10000 lines of code. Chapters 6 to 8 had about 20000 lines of code and took about 3 months. So she has been very consistant until chapter 9.
That doesn’t include Chapter 9 (which it’s true had a slower production pace, but also included Eva taking her first vacation in several years), or the remake (which isn’t possible to quantify in the same way). Still, the bottom line is the same: The often mentioned “truth” that the production pace has gradually gotten worse and worse, seems drastically exaggerated if we look at the actual numbers.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Crazy that Eva Kiss went and finally released her secret identity on her Patreon...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In this case, Ian and Lena will be killed, stabbed and cut to pieces at their own wedding a few episodes later. And after that we will play for Perry.

Sharku

Oct 10, 2016
Too bad you left. This is the funniest and friendliest thread ever and it's almost 10,000 pages long. I've rarely seen anyone turn on offended mode there. Well, trolls with a "lazy developer milking money" line are quickly kicked out there.
Big problem with threads for the most popular games is that it's very hard to find any new info on upcoming release or any updates from dev. Good solution would be to have a second thread for these games where only new info/renders are posted. It'd significantly help people that are only interested in that while also people who are into discussion about plot, characters and memes wouldn't have to be annoyed by all the 'is there a release date yet?' and other questions of that nature.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Big problem with threads for the most popular games is that it's very hard to find any new info on upcoming release or any updates from dev. Good solution would be to have a second thread for these games where only new info/renders are posted. It'd significantly help people that are only interested in that while also people who are into discussion about plot, characters and memes wouldn't have to be annoyed by all the 'is there a release date yet?' and other questions of that nature.
It's not a problem if you visit the thread every day.

rj677

May 30, 2020
Nice profile picture. I see you are a man of culture:cool:

I'll give one more reason "why" not to release the game in parts. Because after the release of Chapter 10 Ian alpha will be Chapter 10 Ian beta and only then the final. As you said, there will always be alphas and betas, and after the release in parts - too. And this is additional time for polishing the game, removing bugs, fixing minor flaws.
But now she doesn't have to do that and Eva is completely focused on Lena's part. Two or three weeks saved.
Damm, I missed your reply brother :HideThePain:.

First, let me get this straight: You are a Sage/Quinn fan, almost the same pic as me, you are also a fan of ORS AND on top of that Im assuming you are a Witcher series fan aswell??
Bro, are you my twin from another universe or what? ;):illuminati:

Now on to ORS: You said that we are most likely gonna save 2 or 3 weeks... Im telling you that as things stand right now with this update, my guess is that instead of us saving time, we are gonna lose about a month with the update being released full and not halved (on top of the "normal" that we would need to wait anyway).

Im guessing this because Eva is a perfectionist... And because of that I know that she wont just save the complete Ian path and not touch it anymore , shes going to go back and forth between both and finding little things that just dont "look or fit right"... Then you add the extreme pressure of the fact that the patreons kindly didnt mind waiting for her quality even though they are waiting for 9 months for something new? Yeah, she will want every single thing to be perfect to "compensate", so yeah....:( :cry:

I really hope this is one of the million times Im wrong about something though *fingers crossed*

Like I said before: In my opinion, the increase in the amount of time between releases its just a symptom of Evas lack of confidence in the amazing dev that she is. When she realizes that MORE isnt necessarily BETTER, she is gonna shut up all her haters ;) :devilish: :WeSmart:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Damm, I missed your reply brother :HideThePain:.

First, let me get this straight: You are a Sage/Quinn fan, almost the same pic as me, you are also a fan of ORS AND on top of that Im assuming you are a Witcher series fan aswell??
Bro, are you my twin from another universe or what? ;):illuminati:

Now on to ORS: You said that we are most likely gonna save 2 or 3 weeks... Im telling you that as things stand right now with this update, my guess is that instead of us saving time, we are gonna lose about a month with the update being released full and not halved (on top of the "normal" that we would need to wait anyway).

Im guessing this because Eva is a perfectionist... And because of that I know that she wont just save the complete Ian path and not touch it anymore , shes going to go back and forth between both and finding little things that just dont "look or fit right"... Then you add the extreme pressure of the fact that the patreons kindly didnt mind waiting for her quality even though they are waiting for 9 months for something new? Yeah, she will want every single thing to be perfect to "compensate", so yeah....:( :cry:

I really hope this is one of the million times Im wrong about something though *fingers crossed*

Like I said before: In my opinion, the increase in the amount of time between releases its just a symptom of Evas lack of confidence in the amazing dev that she is. When she realizes that MORE isnt necessarily BETTER, she is gonna shut up all her haters ;) :devilish: :WeSmart:
Yes, yes, and yes again. My regards to DIK brother and monster slayer. :)
I agree with your criticism. This is very reasonable. Finally, there is a person in the thread who points out real problems. Aside from being a perfectionist, Eva has some writing issues, I think. And her self-doubt and desire to make the game perfect leads to the fact that she really listens to the opinions of the fans and corrects the slightest flaws in their opinion. This results in a delay.
Take DrPinkCake for example. An absolutely self-confident person who does not ask anyone's opinion - this is his game and he does as he wants. The development cycle is big too and we're getting 8 months into Episode 9 after Interlude (Halloween maybe) but the amount and quality of content is incredible.
I always welcome intelligent criticism like yours.
But what I stand against is the trolls and bullies who attack Eva, accuse her of being lazy, milking and constantly taking vacations. They think that a person is not entitled to rest because they want a free copy of the game right now. Terrible behaviour.
Isn't that, like, at least 50% of the players in BaDIK, myself included?
There are already three of us in the thread. :cool:

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
I can download a demo of it absolutely FREE from itch.io.

Personally, I won't pay for an incomplete game... ever.

My point is, there are many MANY games on F95 that are released for free to the public, this game is a rare exception, though there is a free demo. And threads in this forums absolutely benefits the developer, raising awareness and probably supporters.

In any event, I would be more than happy to abandon this game and play something else that is released for free. I've not been playing this in a long while anyhow. LOL
Just a FYI, and because this narrative REALLY needs to die.

F95 brings about a tenth of a percent of Patreons. That's what some data has shown to another dev.
So no, this forum doesn't benefit the developer. You are WAY MORE susceptible to get new patreons from Discord than from this site.

As for raising awareness yeah, sure it does. But with the types of posters we've had lately I doubt it's positive. Again, Discord proves to be way more tempered and most of people's time and energy is usually spent actually discussing the game. Not ruminating about whether or not Eva stole the money to fly away to the Caribeans.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019

F95 brings about a tenth of a percent of Patreons. That's what some data has shown to another dev.
So no, this forum doesn't benefit the developer. You are WAY MORE susceptible to get new patreons from Discord than from this site.

As for raising awareness yeah, sure it does. But with the types of posters we've had lately I doubt it's positive. Again, Discord proves to be way more tempered and most of people's time and energy is usually spent actually discussing the game. Not ruminating about whether or not Eva stole the money to fly away to the Caribeans.
I am sorry but I have to disagree I agree that we can talk about pirate games and if its wrong to do and all this kind of stuff no problem but start a twitch account know even if you are the most funny person on earth you will have zero viewers nobody will no that you exist and its very hard to build a fanbase without anyone knowing you exist I garantee you 100% that a lot of games that good big would never be big without this kind of sites if you are skilled people will now that you exist and some poeple will start supporting you than people on patreon will know that you exist with a certain number in patreons than you can go on steam with the fanbase that you already have and new people will come in and they will now that you exist and maybe new supporters will come in but this only works if you have an existing fanebase as i say make a twitch account now unless you have a twitter or tik tok channel with 1000 or more of people or a big streamer firend it will be almost impossible even if you are the most skilled/funniest or whatever guy.

Malkovichi

Aug 23, 2018
It should be funny, but Axel from this game looks a lot like the hero of mine (in terms of name and appearance).I'm not implying anything, however, I started development back in 2019
22.png

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

While i do agree with you about the blighted armchair devs and doomsayers around here i have to ask from where did you took this data about the number of patrons who are also forumites. Who was the developer? :unsure:

Please, next time, learn to use punctuation and paragraphs. It will make your text easier to read and make more sense. ;)

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I'm not saying that is untrue for whoever that dev is specifically, but that is obviously not true for the vast majority of developers. A tenth of 1% is hardly anyone. This website has several million members, with around 15-30k accounts online pretty much all the time. It's pretty much mathematically impossible that such a large number of people result in a virtually nonexistent Patreon increase.

People don't look for lewd games on Discord. If you're on a games Discord, obviously the odds you are a supporter of that game are much higher. But...how'd they find the Discord in the first place? Probably places like here, as they're linked in the OP.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
It should be funny, but Axel from this game looks a lot like the hero of mine (in terms of name and appearance).I'm not implying anything, however, I started development back in 2019
View attachment 1986119
Liquid-Axel.jpg

Wow, that's crazy! Axel and Axel. Identical. Oh snap, now I can see Lena is there too! Is this the start of the dimensional merge? This is how it happens, isn't it? No time to wait for your answer. I must prepare.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes