JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
I wonder if Ian and/or Lena will get the middle choice in the future
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Third (Middle) Option here is redundant. Especially since Lena and Ian can cheat on one another immediately after committing to a relationship. So just let the player make choices through the game to either cheat or be faithful.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Do you think оn Cindy's love path she feels the same way about Ian as he does about her?
I think at this point she's definitely feeling some sympathy for Ian, but she's undecided about how and who she feels and who she'd be better off with (Wade? Axel? Ian?). First of all, as Ian well noted during their hangout at the Shine, she's looking for close attention and something new and exciting, some kind of adventure. Plus she needs someone to please her ego, to make her feel valued and needed, which is why she is so flattered by Axel, who is constantly showering her with compliments.

Ergo, she might love him in the future, but for now it's just flux between them.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
The argument that I was countering was that she was slow because she was slow delivering the latest update because she needed "a more reasonable work schedule instead of a [sic] erratic one" and that "if she has a pattern and a deadline she puts on herself, that can probably alleviate these problems." I don't believe at all that those ideas are the reason or the answer.
Oh of course. The reason she ditched self-imposed deadlines is because they only put extra stress and she felt shitty, not being able to make it in time instead of focusing on work, having to constantly apologize that the release was late by a week or two or three. So, what's the point in setting up a deadline for yourself if you can never meet it anyway and only feel extra pressure? Not having a deadline is not the problem, more like a consequence of the problem (too much to do and complex situations that are tricky to write in a satisfying way that would also feel in-character).

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
Oh of course. The reason she ditched self-imposed deadlines is because they only put extra stress and she felt shitty, not being able to make it in time instead of focusing on work, having to constantly apologize that the release was late by a week or two or three. So, what's the point in setting up a deadline for yourself if you can never meet it anyway and only feel extra pressure? Not having a deadline is not the problem, more like a consequence of the problem (too much to do and complex situations that are tricky to write in a satisfying way that would also feel in-character).
That is one way of viewing deadlines. The other one is that a deadline helps you to focus on the important work, it reduces the likelihood of procrastination and makes you feel good about yourself when you finish something on time. That stress and pressure that you are talking about is not always a bad thing.
what's the point in setting up a deadline for yourself if you can never meet it anyway
Now this is an actual problem. If someone is unable to meet any self-imposed deadlines, for a longer period of time, that should raise some flags that something it's terribly wrong and just continuing to do the same thing is not ok.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Do you think оn Cindy's love path she feels the same way about Ian as he does about her?
The main question is, what does Ian feel? Is he really in love with Cindy, or is simply lusting over her and feels fun talking to? I don't think either of them have deep feelings for each other, they seem like teenagers who are only discovering attraction for each other. But if Ian's attraction is more physical, Cindy's attraction is more emotional but I'd say is equal in intensity. She's not the one to fuck without some level of connection. Ian encourages her to do what she loves and appreciates her when Wade doesn't, and is himself an artistically-inclined person that she respects and seems to even be a little jealous of, she likes how passionate Ian is in pursuit of his goals and I think that rubbed off on her, making her pursue her modeling hobby with equal passion. Even her lust for Axel (that she tries to suppress) is fueled by admiration for his work and new satisfaction he can give her, not sexually but emotionally / professionally. After all he's her key to a life full of excitements where she can do something she enjoys and is naturally good at, receiving intoxicating praise all the time, opposed to distracted and grumpy Wade who is never happy with her ideas and unlike Ian is too jealous to fully trust her with her newfound passion.

But that partnership works for her as long as Ian pleases her. We can see how quickly she can explode and ditch him if he does something that pisses her off, like agreeing with Wade or trying to be controlling / over-protective, impairing that emotional attraction. Also, her attraction to people is additionally fueled by her dissatisfaction with others. She gets attracted to Ian so quickly due to her poor relationship with Wade, and in turn gets even more attracted to Axel if Ian does something to annoy her. I guess we'll see her true feelings for Ian once she breaks up with Wade and won't feel the need to constantly rebel against him.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
The main question is, what does Ian feel? Is he really in love with Cindy, or is simply lusting over her and feels fun talking to? I don't think either of them have deep feelings for each other, they seem like teenagers who are only discovering attraction for each other. But if Ian's attraction is more physical, Cindy's attraction is more emotional but I'd say is equal in intensity. She's not the one to fuck without some level of connection. Ian encourages her to do what she loves and appreciates her when Wade doesn't, and is himself an artistically-inclined person that she respects and seems to even be a little jealous of, she likes how passionate Ian is in pursuit of his goals and I think that rubbed off on her, making her pursue her modeling hobby with equal passion. Even her lust for Axel (that she tries to suppress) is fueled by admiration for his work and new satisfaction he can give her, not sexually but emotionally / professionally. After all he's her key to a life full of excitements where she can do something she enjoys and is naturally good at, receiving intoxicating praise all the time, opposed to distracted and grumpy Wade who is never happy with her ideas and unlike Ian is too jealous to fully trust her with her newfound passion.

But that partnership works for her as long as Ian pleases her. We can see how quickly she can explode and ditch him if he does something that pisses her off, like agreeing with Wade or trying to be controlling / over-protective, impairing that emotional attraction. Also, her attraction to people is additionally fueled by her dissatisfaction with others. She gets attracted to Ian so quickly due to her poor relationship with Wade, and in turn gets even more attracted to Axel if Ian does something to annoy her. I guess we'll see her true feelings for Ian once she breaks up with Wade and won't feel the need to constantly rebel against him.
Nah. If she actually had a deadline she would try harder to meet it. The absence of consequences is an issue.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
That is one way of viewing deadlines. The other one is that a deadline helps you to focus on the important work, it reduces the likelihood of procrastination and makes you feel good about yourself when you finish something on time. That stress and pressure that you are talking about is not always a bad thing.

Now this is an actual problem. If someone is unable to meet any self-imposed deadlines, for a longer period of time, that should raise some flags that something it's terribly wrong and just continuing to do the same thing is not ok.
I don't think that Eva is the one to procrastinate (or at least wasn't before Chapter 9). It's just easy to undervalue the amount of time that the task will require no matter how easy it seems. For example I thought It'd take me only a week to release the Beta version of the 0.9 Remastered guide because in my mind the task was simple, therefore quick, but in reality it proved to be not the case due to unforeseen challenges (simple tasks can actually be quite tedious). I do think Eva has personal goals, having a desirable approximate time-window for the release, after all you don't want to drag things out because you tend to simply loose interest and passion over time. I'd like to play Chapter 9 Remastered already (still didn't get the chance to do so) to have the saves ready to test Ian's Chapter 10 content, but can't get to it until I finish with the Beta, and that's very annoying. I think Eva was feeling the same when writing Ian's part, having interesting ideas about Lena's scenes brewing in her mind already, but not being able to execute them until she managed to finish off that complex scene for Ian.

I do agree that there must be some other problem that gets in the way of productivity, and whatever it is I doubt it's easily solvable.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Assuming her public posts are truthful, Eva Kiss needs a writing buddy. It's why writers' rooms exist. You need somebody to bounce ideas off to get the ball rolling and be ahead of schedule. Especially for episodic content. The dev admitted in April 2021 that they were struggling with the writing -- this is still the case in September 2022. In these 17 months, we got two updates and one revision.

I think the revision was a complete time waster and made the game more disjointed. I'm talking only about the writing and story changes, not the illustrations and other improvements. I think it doesn't bode well for ORS' future that the dev hasn't been able to get over her writer's block in a year and a half, even after she paused the work on 1.0 to revisit old content.

Sep 16, 2022
I think the revision was a complete time waster and made the game more disjointed.
If the reason for doing the remaster was cleaning up the story to make it easier to build upon - then it clearly failed because soon it's gonna be half a year since that update, which is something that has never happened before to this author.

If it wasn't about optimizing stuff and making it easier to write... Then what the fuck was the point? The only memorable change is downgrading Billy to a generic white guy and losing amazing "oreo" threesome scene with him, Jeremy and Alison.

I do have an open mind. I do realize that stories get REALLY complex in the middle and depending on author's preference - in the end as well, since we are in for plenty of outcomes. But fuck me, that's not my problem. She knew how complex her previous game got and she knew exactly why. If she can imagine all this story and those characters, she can sure imagine how difficult would it be to write even more complex game with two intertwining characters (it's literally the title of this game for fucks sake.)

She needs to streamline and introduce some kind of routes in her game, I don't even know where would I start at this point since that shit is something you do at the beginning. I would unironically hire another writer for consulation/storyboarding at this stage, because it should be clear by now, even to most dense white knights, that something is not right.

That being said, fingers crossed. I'm not gonna doompost, we'll see what next update is gonna offer content and possibilities wise.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019

Tl;dr Cindy is an attention seeker and craves for Yes Men. Even more reason for my Ian to not pursue her. I'm just gonna fix her relationship with Wade instead.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
If the reason for doing the remaster was cleaning up the story to make it easier to build upon - then it clearly failed because soon it's gonna be half a year since that update, which is something that has never happened before to this author.

If it wasn't about optimizing stuff and making it easier to write... Then what the fuck was the point? The only memorable change is downgrading Billy to a generic white guy and losing amazing "oreo" threesome scene with him, Jeremy and Alison.

I do have an open mind. I do realize that stories get REALLY complex in the middle and depending on author's preference - in the end as well, since we are in for plenty of outcomes. But fuck me, that's not my problem. She knew how complex her previous game got and she knew exactly why. If she can imagine all this story and those characters, she can sure imagine how difficult would it be to write even more complex game with two intertwining characters (it's literally the title of this game for fucks sake.)

She needs to streamline and introduce some kind of routes in her game, I don't even know where would I start at this point since that shit is something you do at the beginning. I would unironically hire another writer for consulation/storyboarding at this stage, because it should be clear by now, even to most dense white knights, that something is not right.

That being said, fingers crossed. I'm not gonna doompost, we'll see what next update is gonna offer content and possibilities wise.
Some say Billy bathing in bleach is to avoid being too similar with Tyrone from GGGB. Not sure how true this is tho.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Is the next update scheduled to come this year or the next?
In the year 2525...;)

It is just a bit of joking. I am a hobby writer and know the woes of being creative quite well mysel, so I won´t critisise Eva on the game. I simply say that the last fully new update is now a year old will not help. I consider it a mistake by Eva that she let the patrons vote about releasing the Ian part early. It was a mistake because releasing some new stuff after all this time would have been far better for the outer image of the game, keeping it in the minds of the audience.
Especially the wider audience. The patrons are mostly on board in any case, but someone just stumbling over the game now? Seeing and reading how long the relaese gap is and how longer it will go on, many will say "no to a comatose development", because that it is how it comes across! The patrons are hurting ORS with their shortsighted decision and as said, it was a mistake to let them decide in the first place.

Sherka

Oct 1, 2017
Maybe, my theory is that it depends on the decisions you make as Ian, maybe based on some choose Cindy is not as committed to the relationship as Ian is (like she is currently with Wade), and also, maybe with some choose she will be more in love with Ian than he is with her.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Tl;dr Cindy is an attention seeker and craves for Yes Men. Even more reason for my Ian to not pursue her. I'm just gonna fix her relationship with Wade instead.
That's a harsh, but not entirely untrue statement.
I have preferred the term 'high maintenance girl', which isn't necessarily a bad trait. "Every nut has its bolt" or "Every Jack has its Jill" relates to the fitting partner of someone, and depending on yourIans mindset, he may be the one. Some boys like to please and spoil their girls and some girls want to be pampered and spoiled, which certainly isn't true for everybody. However, i don't see Wade as the fitting one for Cindy, so fixing their relationship will bring only further harm down the way. Neither do i see Axel as the right choice, because his attention and flattery is not out of genuine interest for a girl, but to conquer and score just another notch on his bedpost.
Being neglected by her boyfriend for so long at such a relatively young age may have led Cindy to exaggerate her base personality. She entered a long term relationship relatively early and settled for the next best job in her fathers firm, but has now to ask herself if that's what she wants for the foreseeable future, the next 10 to 15 years, and her answer is no.
Cindy hesitated to burn her bridges, since there weren't any valid alternatives, and having something is better than nothing, right?
Now as there are alternatives presenting themselves to her, she has broken those shackles and is not willing to be restrained right away again, that's why she can get pissy at Ian if he tries to be -as she perceives it- controlling.

I think without a clear goal and path, she can profit from a guiding and hedging Ian more than from a leading one, and in this process they can grow closer, while they discover her wants and needs and find out whether Ian is the one who can satisfy those.

With all that said, i believe the best fit for Ian would be Holly, although in my canon playthrough i opted for Cindy to see where it leads.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes