Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
That's a harsh, but not entirely untrue statement.
I have preferred the term 'high maintenance girl', which isn't necessarily a bad trait. "Every nut has its bolt" or "Every Jack has its Jill" relates to the fitting partner of someone, and depending on yourIans mindset, he may be the one. Some boys like to please and spoil their girls and some girls want to be pampered and spoiled, which certainly isn't true for everybody. However, i don't see Wade as the fitting one for Cindy, so fixing their relationship will bring only further harm down the way. Neither do i see Axel as the right choice, because his attention and flattery is not out of genuine interest for a girl, but to conquer and score just another notch on his bedpost.
Being neglected by her boyfriend for so long at such a relatively young age may have led Cindy to exaggerate her base personality. She entered a long term relationship relatively early and settled for the next best job in her fathers firm, but has now to ask herself if that's what she wants for the foreseeable future, the next 10 to 15 years, and her answer is no.
Cindy hesitated to burn her bridges, since there weren't any valid alternatives, and having something is better than nothing, right?
Now as there are alternatives presenting themselves to her, she has broken those shackles and is not willing to be restrained right away again, that's why she can get pissy at Ian if he tries to be -as she perceives it- controlling.

I think without a clear goal and path, she can profit from a guiding and hedging Ian more than form a leading one, and in this process they can grow closer, while they discover her wants and needs and find out whether Ian is the one who can satisfy those.

With all that said, i believe the best fit for Ian would be Holly, although in my canon playthrough i opted for Cindy to see where it leads.
I try to fix their relationship because I think both can learn to be a better person if they stay together. Wade can learn to be more caring and motivated, and Cindy to be less selfish and more understanding. They definitely need to be more communicative to each other as well.

I, too, believe that Holly is perfect for Ian after playing both her and Lena's path. Not just for the former's shared interest with Ian, but the latter is like walking on a minefield.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Can we please get the choice to kill of the manbun friend like the father from Good Girls Gone Bad, dude brings out some kinda primal rage inside of me
The only role Perry has in the game is to make you feel better about yourself. He is like that Nick Frost's character in Shaun of the Dead who the main character keeps around just to feel less like a loser.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
With all that said, i believe the best fit for Ian would be Holly, although in my canon playthrough i opted for Cindy to see where it leads.
I, too, believe that Holly is perfect for Ian after playing both her and Lena's path. Not just for the former's shared interest with Ian, but the latter is like walking on a minefield.
Yes, Holly is one of the best fits for Ian. The top three for him - with some margin - are Holly, Alison and Lena. Holly and him share a lot of interests, Alison and Ian already liked each other in school, but were to shy to act on it and Lena is creative in another field, but they share similar interests as well.

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
starting to think eve might just be raciest
racy
[ rey-see ]

adjective, rac·i·er, rac·i·est.

1 slightly improper or indelicate; suggestive; risqué.
2 vigorous; lively; spirited.
3 sprightly; piquant; pungent: a racy literary style.
4 having an agreeably peculiar taste or flavor, as wine, fruit, etc.

Don't think I agree with you!

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
I forgot who on this thread recommended this game to me. It was a post about other quality recommended games while waiting for ORS updates. Thanks, to whoever it was. Keeps getting better with every update, especially in the writing, and deserves a lot more love than the patreon numbers would suggest. https://f95zone.to/threads/tabletop-bornstar-v0-40-basilicata.75111/
It was DavDR and I'm not going to lie, I'm glad he doesn't post in the thread anymore because we won't have that "Ian is a 26-year-old loser and Robert is a god of adulthood because he has a dead-end job in the service industry" discussion again.

jojogeo

Sep 25, 2019
I try to fix their relationship because I think both can learn to be a better person if they stay together. Wade can learn to be more caring and motivated, and Cindy to be less selfish and more understanding. They definitely need to be more communicative to each other as well.
I want to fix their relationship because I don't like Wade. He's going to be miserable stuck with Cindy.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
racy
[ rey-see ]

adjective, rac·i·er, rac·i·est.

1 slightly improper or indelicate; suggestive; risqué.
2 vigorous; lively; spirited.
3 sprightly; piquant; pungent: a racy literary style.
4 having an agreeably peculiar taste or flavor, as wine, fruit, etc.

Don't think I agree with you!
I dunno. Eva's games are a little racy, though not nearly the raciest. Much racier games out there by far. They are "teh sexiest" tho, so there's that.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Yes, Holly is one of the best fits for Ian. The top three for him - with some margin - are Holly, Alison and Lena. Holly and him share a lot of interests, Alison and Ian already liked each other in school, but were to shy to act on it and Lena is creative in another field, but they share similar interests as well.
I am not as proficient in ORS as in a certain other game (;)), but seeing Alison on second place puzzles me to be honest.
In my previous answer to Samzuki Hydaiko i was tempted to point towards Alison instead of Cindy, because i believe 'Attention Seeker' fits her like a glove.
Alison is the one who constantly butts into any conversation and tries to force her issues on the agenda, she changes her fashion style, when she feels she is outshined by Cherry, she humps Jeremy every single time Ian isn't giving her what she wants from him, which could be interpreted -because it lacks any discretion- as an attempt to make him jealous. If i remember correctly Alison is the one who keeps texting Ian after her trysts with Jeremy and she regularly leaves early all the get-togethers of Ians (and her?) friends when she feels like she isn't the center of Ians interest. I don't know, but going for a spitroast with a well-known player and someone she literally met like one or two days ago after she asked her alleged crush to accompany her to this trip doesn't look like a healthy behaviour to me.

Whereas on the other side Cindy is really being neglected by her boyfriend, so trying to get his (Wades) attention and time isn't out of the ordinary. She doesn't cheat on Wade at the very first occasion, in fact Ian has to work quite hard to make that happen. Both can have serious and fun, platonic and nice times together: playing pool, dancing, having a good and deep conversation at the gallery and Ian can even protect her going too far at Axels first photo shoot. These are activities and obligations Cindys boyfriend should have done with her, and every girl in a relationship can expect these from their partners without them being 'Yes Men'.

While technically Cindy is cheating and Alison is free to do as she pleases, because she isn't in a relationship, Cindys hesitation and Alisons 'Well fuck you Ian, i'll fuck someone else then...' looks to me like the former is better girlfriend material. If Alison was Wades girlfriend she definetly had not waited as long as Cindy to act out.

So my personal line-up would be like:
  1. Holly: because she has genuine feelings for Ian and they share a common passion.
  2. Cindy: they can enjoy each others company also in a non-sexual way, which is always a good sign.
  3. Lena: only a good fit if she takes the singer/songwriter route, and like already mentioned Lena can be a minefield
  4. Cherry and Emma perhaps even Louise, i think every one of these have qualities going for them
  5. Alison: i can think only of one scenario in which she would be a good fit. Apparently she wants to settle down and sees Ian as the best of her options to be the father to her children. I don't believe Ian is at this stage in his life, so she isn't a good match.
  6. Ivy: well, there may be Ians out there in some peoples playthroughs who might think that's a good idea, but i believe he shouldn't poke her with a stick.
Of course this all depends strongly on how a players specific Ian evolved throughout the game, so this ranking is by no means absolute. It is solely based on my experiences of ORS so far, and i have by no means tried out all the possible routes.

How do you guys feel about it?

AlphaDlaW

May 18, 2022
I am not as proficient in ORS as in a certain other game (;)), but seeing Alison on second place puzzles me to be honest.
In my previous answer to Samzuki Hydaiko i was tempted to point towards Alison instead of Cindy, because i believe 'Attention Seeker' fits her like a glove.
Alison is the one who constantly butts into any conversation and tries to force her issues on the agenda, she changes her fashion style, when she feels she is outshined by Cherry, she humps Jeremy every single time Ian isn't giving her what she wants from him, which could be interpreted -because it lacks any discretion- as an attempt to make him jealous. If i remember correctly Alison is the one who keeps texting Ian after her trysts with Jeremy and she regularly leaves early all the get-togethers of Ians (and her?) friends when she feels like she isn't the center of Ians interest. I don't know, but going for a spitroast with a well-known player and someone she literally met like one or two days ago after she asked her alleged crush to accompany her to this trip doesn't look like a healthy behaviour to me.

Whereas on the other side Cindy is really being neglected by her boyfriend, so trying to get his (Wades) attention and time isn't out of the ordinary. She doesn't cheat on Wade at the very first occasion, in fact Ian has to work quite hard to make that happen. Both can have serious and fun, platonic and nice times together: playing pool, dancing, having a good and deep conversation at the gallery and Ian can even protect her going too far at Axels first photo shoot. These are activities and obligations Cindys boyfriend should have done with her, and every girl in a relationship can expect these from their partners without them being 'Yes Men'.

While technically Cindy is cheating and Alison is free to do as she pleases, because she isn't in a relationship, Cindys hesitation and Alisons 'Well fuck you Ian, i'll fuck someone else then...' looks to me like the former is better girlfriend material. If Alison was Wades girlfriend she definetly had not waited as long as Cindy to act out.

1. Holly: because she has genuine feelings for Ian and they share a common passion.
  2. Cindy: they can enjoy each others company also in a non-sexual way, which is always a good sign.
  3. Lena: only a good fit if she takes the singer/songwriter route, and like already mentioned Lena can be a minefield
  4. Cherry and Emma perhaps even Louise, i think every one of these have qualities going for them
  5. Alison: i can think only of one scenario in which she would be a good fit. Apparently she wants to settle down and sees Ian as the best of her options to be the father to her children. I don't believe Ian is at this stage in his life, so she isn't a good match.
  6. Ivy: well, there may be Ians out there in some peoples playthroughs who might think that's a good idea, but i believe he shouldn't poke her with a stick.
Of course this all depends strongly on how a players specific Ian evolved throughout the game, so this ranking is by no means absolute. It is solely based on my experiences of ORS so far, and i have by no means tried out all the possible routes.

I would switch lena to second or last. second if she doesn't sleep around and is focused on Ian. last if she fucks axel after becoming Ians girl. I love it as a player but for Ian I think this is the worst one

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

Hello again! :)
We can defintely discuss Pale Carnations again over in the PC thread, most of the times real fun, but to give you an answer to your post here.
Alison has her pros and cons, but what gets down under often in these discussions, are some decisions many seem to simply click over. You can shut down the "Jeremy-Alison" arc early in the game completely, for a full love path and even if you do not go for Alison later on!
If you want a wilder Alison, you can let run the Jeremy-Alison stuff up to a point, but once you pursue Alison for real, she shelves Jeremy really quick and she openly considers him a fuckbuddy/friend with benefits at best.
So how wild Alison gets, depends a lot on player decisions! You can get Jeremy out of the picture completely, you can use him to open up a wilder Alison for you (with Jeremy simply a friend for sexual experimentation) or you can let Alison get into a relationship with Jeremy if you go for the voyeur arc or do not want to pursue her at all.

While Alison can be blunt in conversations and arguments, her leaving friendly meetings early is often due to her work, less because she is pissed. That happens occationally too, but Alison has a stricter work schedule than most of her friends.
Alison and Ian liked each other in school already, but were too shy and/or oblivious to act on it. That is more than can be said for several optional couples in the game.
Even "wild" Alison has very serious feelings for Ian, (unless Ian does not care for her more than just a friend, ergo no getaway) this becomes very clear during their getaway.
So yes, Alison can be a very good match for Ian! All of her "variants" have deep feelings for Ian, that is more than many of his other options are. Especially some Cindy and Lena variants can be minefields and really toxic. Cherry and Emma are more neutral/ want to live life a bit longer without bindings (beside Emma is a greater fir for Perry).

So my list is with Holly and Alison at the top, then Lena (but only the singer/writer and "moderate" model variants), Cherry can be a good option too but then comes a large gap. Cindy, Emma, Louise and Ivy are far better fits for other characters than Ian.

• Hey there
Reactions: selberdreher

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
I would switch lena to second or last. second if she doesn't sleep around and is focused on Ian. last if she fucks axel after becoming Ians girl. I love it as a player but for Ian I think this is the worst one
Yeah, Lean and Ian are really hard to assess in that regard, because they both can develop in such manifold ways.
Whereas i could see a 'Lena cheating with Axel' being the best fit for a cuckold Ian, even above Holly, for a non-cuck Ian, i believe you are right. So Lena can be the best, a mediocre or the worst option for Ian (depending on his cravings).

I think the reverse could be true for Lena: despite her less than stellar options, some of this collection of douches, assholes and manipulators could be a better fit for her than Ian, depending on her tastes.
I personally hate Axel, and try to stay away with myLena from him, but i think a big cock craving, her submissive side re-embracing Lena, who dismissed her creative ambitions in favour of pursuing her modelling / sex work career would be better off with Axel than with Ian, no?

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes