camube

Jun 4, 2022
Can we expect an update on December or is that a pipe dream at this time? Q1 2023?

This game is good but the more I think about it, the more I think this game is a massive undertaking in terms of miniscule branch differences and the complication of writing it is several level above the average AVN games (so it doesn't look good for development times).

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Can we expect an update on December or is that a pipe dream at this time? Q1 2023?

This game is good but the more I think about it, the more I think this game is a massive undertaking in terms of miniscule branch differences and the complication of writing it is several level above the average AVN games (so it doesn't look good for development times).
Either December or January.

Reactions: pavlogrk

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
I would add a "wardrobe" section in the settings to fully customize the clothes. If I understand the game structure correctly, the player's clothes are like an additional layer that is loaded from the game's resources and does not need to be drawn for each render. So I don't see a problem with that.
Another idea is to add requirements for certain clothes: for example, to have enough points of Lust or Charisma to wear it.
Now this is something I would have gotten behind as a remaster, since it would at something substantial to the gameplay. Even if it was just for some basic dialogue scene with certain events such as "Lena goes on a date" leaving the player with only fixed choices. It would require EK to rethink how to approach certain scene to allow for such variability, i.e. before a sexscene for example the characters excuse themselves to change into something more comfortable.

However everything considered, I would prefer to reduce the amount of variables (in certain aspects dramatically) to shorten the release window down to something like every two months. Sidenote does somebody know if EK herself after the release of the alpha is going back to fix bugs/typos etc. Because that is something that could possibly be outsourced.

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
Might just be my wishful thinking, but I could see the alpha release coming out near the end of November, followed by beta, before Christmas, and the final release in January after she's back from her winter vacation.
I think that’s realistic, from what we know. In last week’s status update Eva wrote that “Hopefully I can manage to finish most of the writing this month and move to the final release soon”. That’s still vague and obviously a lot of tasks and bug testing remains, but Eva also planned on releasing Ian's part before the end of August. That's four months after the remake, and it's likely that a decent amount of the artwork and planning for Lena's part already was done by then. So one month less for Lena's part than Ian's—I think that sounds plausible. But hey, it's just speculation, and even Eva may not have an idea yet when it will be ready.

KingNtr++

May 2, 2017
I think that’s realistic, from what we know. In last week’s status update Eva wrote that “Hopefully I can manage to finish most of the writing this month and move to the final release soon”. That’s still vague and obviously a lot of tasks and bug testing remains, but Eva also planned on releasing Ian's part before the end of August. That's four months after the remake, and it's likely that a decent amount of the artwork and planning for Lena's part already was done by then. So one month less for Lena's part than Ian's—I think that sounds plausible. But hey, it's just speculation, and even Eva may not have an idea yet when it will be ready.
Because she is lazy in several month
(vacation, trip,party, breaking )

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Because she is lazy in several month
(vacation, trip,party, breaking )
lazy?if she were lazy,she wouldn't give updates,and she would have stopped long ago.
if you don't know how much time and energy to put into an artistic project,and yes,sometimes you get stuck,
don't talk about it.
and lazy?at least she works,what are you doing ?from behind your computer complaining for days.
if you don't like the game or the creator,stop complaining,and get another game.
otherwise,be patient. 200.gif

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
lazy?if she were lazy,she wouldn't give updates,and she would have stopped long ago.
if you don't know how much time and energy to put into an artistic project,and yes,sometimes you get stuck,
don't talk about it.
and lazy?at least she works,what are you doing ?from behind your computer complaining for days.
if you don't like the game or the creator,stop complaining,and get another game.
otherwise,be patient. View attachment 2114718
I just want to point out something about your comment saying "if she were lazy,she wouldn't give updates". She has given us 16 "weekly updates" in the last 24 Weeks.

Not saying she is lazy, just pointing out that the argument is bad.

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I just want to point out something about your comment saying "if she were lazy,she wouldn't give updates". She has given us 16 "weekly updates" in the last 24 Weeks.

Not saying she is lazy, just pointing out that the argument is bad.
That doesn't mean she doesn't work though. Not defending her but your post reminds me of Deluca Family dev.

He probably updates like once a month or even more than that.

But when the game update is out the story is really good, as far as update goes, it's self-contained, satisfying, while enticing players to want more of the game.

I said i a couple days ago but I just recently truly realized (after playing enough renpy games) that Our Red String is massive understaking for a one-man team. This game micro-branches and Main Character mechanics is too complex for it's own good.

Even simpler renpy games still takes 3-4 months for an update, and even if this game isn't DAZ and theoretically should get updates quicker as the picture is simpler, the writings probably isn't.

Unless Eva Kiss do this full time, then the criticism is warranted, because this is far too long. But as a part time job/hobby, it is what it is.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
The "milk/lazy" discussion as well as the "when will the next update be released" discussions are getting nobody nowhere. Instead I would pose the question, where are the difficulties in development. One thing is pretty obvious: Keeping track of all the variables and overlapping story/relationship arcs. So let's try to list them, this can be a group effort. For example Ian and Lena can date each other any other relationship between the MC's and other characters is affected by that. I suggest this format:

Relationship overlaps:
1. Ian/Lena can date each other.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
The "milk/lazy" discussion as well as the "when will the next update be released" discussions are getting nobody nowhere. Instead I would pose the question, where are the difficulties in development. One thing is pretty obvious: Keeping track of all the variables and overlapping story/relationship arcs. So let's try to list them, this can be a group effort. For example Ian and Lena can date each other any other relationship between the MC's and other characters is affected by that. I suggest this format:

Relationship overlaps:
In comments responding please copy/paste the list and add to it:

Relationship overlaps:
2. Ian/Lena can both persue Holly.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes