_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
For her to actually release it in 2 parts it would mean she would have to do extra work to make it make sense with just a half of the story.
That is just speculation. Eva never said that it will be in any way, shape or form, harder for her to release the game in 2 parts. She just said that is not how she envisioned the project, when she started. Other than that, everything is hearsay.

Anyway, I don't see a point in discussing about this any further. It's been almost 3 months since that decision was taken. This chapter and probably others will contain both Ian's part and Lena's part and that is ok.

Why does Eva no longer share fully colored sneak peeks in her weekly updates like she used to do ?
Now it's always i've been doing this and that with sometimes an unfinished illustration ... I think it will serve as proof that the development is progressing, build the hype for the next update/keep people interested and steer them away from the "milking" discussions.
You could also add:
  • why doesn't Eva post the weekly status report every week?
  • why doesn't Eva post anything from behind the scenes that will explain how she approaches writing and why is it so much harder to write the story now than it was in the past ?
  • why doesn't Eva ask patreons to write StalkFap comments anymore ?
  • why is communication not even a second thought? Even with that last teaser, she 'kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet' ... sorry, about the fact that she used that teaser already.
Some will probably answer with: well communication is a waste of time, it's better to work on the project, instead of writing posts on Patreon. And to that, I can only say that is not the end of the world if you spend 1 hour, out of 40, per week to do something like this. Maybe it will actually help, because you'll have to think about something else.

Update: The new status update arrived just on time - now everyone is talking about something different. We can talk about the game again.

Last edited:

KingNtr++

May 2, 2017
That is just speculation. Eva never said that it will be in any way shape or form harder for her to release the game in 2 parts. She just said that is not how she envision the project when she started. Other than that, everything is hearsay.

Anyway, I don't see a point in discussing about this any further. It's been almost 3 months since that decision was taken.

You could also add:
  • why doesn't Eva post the weekly status report every week?
  • why doesn't Eva post anything from behind the scenes that will explain how she approaches writing and why is it so much harder to write the story now than it was in the past ?
  • why doesn't Eva ask patreons to write StalkFap comments anymore ?
  • why is communication not even a second thought? Even with that last teaser, she 'kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet' ... sorry, about the fact that she used that teaser already.
Some will probably answer with: well communication is a waste of time, it's better to work on the project, instead of writing post on Patreon. And to that, I can only say that is not the end of the world if you spend 1 hour, out of 40, per week to do something like this.
Because eva like a party and vacation trip and feeling lazy a bit to continute works :)

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
That is just speculation. Eva never said that it will be in any way shape or form harder for her to release the game in 2 parts. She just said that is not how she envision the project when she started. Other than that, everything is hearsay.

Anyway, I don't see a point in discussing about this any further. It's been almost 3 months since that decision was taken.
Yeah it is a speculation but a really good one. We can see how the previous updates were structured and if you just cut out one half of the perspective then you would have a massive gaps needing to be filled, otherwise, the story wouldn't make any sense.

Yes...If splitting the game in 2 parts isn't how she envisioned it then there are bound to be changes.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Hi everyone,
Some of you brought to my attention the character teaser from the last status report had been posted before. My bad, I'm so focused on the writing I barely have any mental space left for the community management side of things. There's not much I can show you without spoiling the content for this new chapter, but this time I bring you something different:
I mentioned some time ago I wasn't totally happy with my design for Lena's athletics outfit, and that had remained the case. And since she'll be getting a new option for chapter 10, I also felt compelled to re-design some concepts for it, and also her lust outfit, since I decided to mic and match different parts of them. I feel that the previous lust top fits better with the athletics outfit, making it more sexy and suitable to wear in clubbing scenarios, where the athletics outfit was being underused.
Here are some concepts I'm considering to use as replacement for those outfits:

Since most of the assets are already in place and only some tweaks would be necessary, updating previous illustrations will be pretty easy and straightforward (a task I would undertake when all the content for chapter 10 is finished).
What are your thoughts and opinions? Do you like any of the new concepts or do you prefer the old ones? Maybe you like one of the designs but with different colors? I might make a poll if you think this could improve the old outfits.
I see no reason to change clothes in the previous parts. Alternatively, just add the "buy new clothes" option for Part 10 and it will be available in both old and new wardrobe selection. And this is a good incentive to spend in-game currency.
I remember GGGB, where Ashley's clothes changed depending on her worldview and decisions, in ORS this can all be made a customizable option for the player. We already have pre-event clothing options, now there will just be more of them.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
I see no reason to change clothes in the previous parts. Alternatively, just add the "buy new clothes" option for Part 10 and it will be available in both old and new wardrobe selection. And this is a good incentive to spend in-game currency.
I remember GGGB, where Ashley's clothes changed depending on her worldview and decisions, in ORS this can all be made a customizable option for the player. We already have pre-event clothing options, now there will just be more of them.
Please no more stats-based outfits, let us choose. I hated Ashley's slutty look in GGGB.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Please no more stats-based outfits, let us choose. I hated Ashley's slutty look in GGGB.
I would add a "wardrobe" section in the settings to fully customize the clothes. If I understand the game structure correctly, the player's clothes are like an additional layer that is loaded from the game's resources and does not need to be drawn for each render. So I don't see a problem with that.
Another idea is to add requirements for certain clothes: for example, to have enough points of Lust or Charisma to wear it.

grima_grima

Verified Developer
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2021
I would add a "wardrobe" section in the settings to fully customize the clothes. If I understand the game structure correctly, the player's clothes are like an additional layer that is loaded from the game's resources and does not need to be drawn for each render. So I don't see a problem with that.
Another idea is to add requirements for certain clothes: for example, to have enough points of Lust or Charisma to wear it.
That is not entirely true... For dialogs, you are correct, but for the "action" scenes, they need to be drawn for each scene.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
That would complicate the game art. This type of setting would work for normal sprites, but the art that Eva makes for the scenes would have to account for every possible outfit choice. That's why limitation to player's choice is necessary.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
That is not entirely true... For dialogs, you are correct, but for the "action" scenes, they need to be drawn for each scene.
That would complicate the game art. This type of setting would work for normal sprites, but the art that Eva makes for the scenes would have to account for every possible outfit choice. That's why limitation to player's choice is necessary.
Yep, if I understand correctly, Renpy doesn't allow you to simulate this automatically.

Sep 18, 2022
That's also not entirely true (though depends on what you meant by "drawn"). If you're just changing colours (which is the case for most of these articles of clothing), a little modification of the colour levels of the layer for the specific piece of clothing is enough. Still tedious work for each scene, but much faster than manually erasing and refilling the colours. If you can code the color correction somehow, then that's even less work. But I don't think Ren'Py is designed for photo editing in its code.

Sep 18, 2022
That's also not entirely true (though depends on what you meant by "drawn"). If you're just changing colours (which is the case for most of these articles of clothing), a little modification of the colour levels of the layer for the specific piece of clothing is enough. Still tedious work for each scene, but much faster than manually erasing and refilling the colours. If you can code the color correction somehow, then that's even less work. But I don't think Ren'Py is designed for photo editing in its code.
I stand corrected:

I believe it's the
Code:
im.AlphaMask
that would accomplish this instantly. Takes a bit of playing around to learn what she has to do here, but nothing that'll take too long to learn, I think.

Edit.
Even faster and more intuitive is probably the
Code:
im.matrix.hue
But again, slight changes to code which she can either implement or not, I guess. But it's technically not difficult, apparently, so long as she keeps the outfits of each scene on a separate file beforehand.

Last edited:

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
View attachment 2110493

Chapter 10 weekly status report (16)

Hi everyone,

Some of you brought to my attention the character teaser from the last status report had been posted before. My bad, I'm so focused on the writing I barely have any mental space left for the community management side of things. There's not much I can show you without spoiling the content for this new chapter, but this time I bring you something different:

I mentioned some time ago I wasn't totally happy with my design for Lena's athletics outfit, and that had remained the case. And since she'll be getting a new option for chapter 10, I also felt compelled to re-design some concepts for it, and also her lust outfit, since I decided to mic and match different parts of them. I feel that the previous lust top fits better with the athletics outfit, making it more sexy and suitable to wear in clubbing scenarios, where the athletics outfit was being underused.

View attachment 2110496 View attachment 2110495

Since most of the assets are already in place and only some tweaks would be necessary, updating previous illustrations will be pretty easy and straightforward (a task I would undertake when all the content for chapter 10 is finished).

What are your thoughts and opinions? Do you like any of the new concepts or do you prefer the old ones? Maybe you like one of the designs but with different colors? I might make a poll if you think this could improve the old outfits.

View attachment 2110503
Honestly, Lena's old Athletic look is fine. It's underused because iirc Lena never automatically wears it at the gym after she bought it.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
You know what, fellas? I'm really excited for this new update.

It's been what, a year without any new content now and my excitement is trough the roof! It's like waiting for a new season of your favorite TV Show.

Anyway, glad to see the dev is focusing on writing. It's the hardest and the most important part of the game and with the speed of the progress we should be seeing the update by 25th of December.

KingNtr++

May 2, 2017
You know what, fellas? I'm really excited for this new update.

It's been what, a year without any new content now and my excitement is trough the roof! It's like waiting for a new season of your favorite TV Show.

Anyway, glad to see the dev is focusing on writing. It's the hardest and the most important part of the game and with the speed of the progress we should be seeing the update by 25th of December.
We can call her "Milky Dev", If chapter 10 release in december.
What're you doing in 6 months eva ?
It doesn't professional develop..

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
Was that from this thread? 'Cause I see something entirely different for that one...
View attachment 2110055
:unsure: I mean, I suppose the post you were referring to got deleted, but I don't know. :geek: I say just be happy and hope we hear some more positive news in regards to ORS soon! ;)(y)
Haha, I didn't check before posting! I took the screenshot a while ago but didn't post it then. When I posted it I only checked the alerts if there was a new reaction to it (destroying the "perfect balance", to quote Thanos). And no, the post didn't get deleted, but it seems two other posts before it got so the number isn't the same anymore.

Shadowndev99

Dec 13, 2019
View attachment 2110493

Chapter 10 weekly status report (16)

Hi everyone,

View attachment 2110496 View attachment 2110495

View attachment 2110503
What I should think? How about just release the ch already to see whats going on in the story.... I am dying to see what will happen in the story

Reactions: Balsamic

michelazzo

Jun 4, 2020
question: do you think it would be cool if the developer officially said who are the inspirations for the game characters? to me it would add a layer!

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes