DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
damn, 6 months of going to book fairs. That's half a years pay from patreons for nothing.
Try again, 6 months since remastered release that add nothing. Last update was on october 24th, 1 year ago. 12 months of milking and people still defend her, believing this game will be finished when it won’t. Dev can’t release new updates, just trying to milking as much as possible.

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
What about if I wanna complain about milking, when should I make my very original complaint?
That would be directly after a short "GAME ABANDONED" post by someone making their first comment on the thread, with the "why say lot word when few word do trick" strategy leaving no way of knowing if the post is meant as a question, or just an indisputable fact that said person decided to share with us out of pure kindness.

Reactions: Vernalcash

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Quod erat demonstrandum! "Unpopular" is very much in the eye of the beholder what counts as such. While there are things, in this case the Ian-Holly-Lena drama which turned out to be a dud, where becoming vocal is more of a mistake control, there are cases where it is unpopular only with the patrons, who then start pushing at Eva for changes.
Aside from the announcement to release Ian's part early, in nearly 2 years I haven't encountered a single thing where complaints were only coming from patrons... In 90% of the cases, if patrons complain about something about the game, this thread is in full-on outrage and mocking mode about the same thing that patrons complain about.

Very unusual, I and several other authors I know do not have this problem. But in ORS´ case it is the very long wait combined with the knowledge that a substantial part of the next update is finished.
Gotcha. Complaints from patrons are bad and should be ignored, complaints from people who don't pay for the game are legit and should be addressed. :unsure:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Aside from the announcement to release Ian's part early, in nearly 2 years I haven't encountered a single thing where complaints were only coming from patrons... In 90% of the cases, if patrons complain about something about the game, this thread is in full-on outrage and mocking mode about the same thing that patrons complain about.
Gotcha. Complaints from patrons are bad and should be ignored, complaints from people who don't pay for the game are legit and should be addressed. :unsure:
Hi! Nice try on turning the words in my mouth! (n)Never said and never implied something like that, pleasae stop this! If you read my posts correctly, you can see when I speak about "patrons only" and " the wider, aggregate audience". You conflate my arguments knowingly or unknowingly.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
I say Eva KIss should only listen to us the Freeloaders and not the ones paying her !!!!
ffs !! Enough Already !!! Go play something else and stop complaining !! This site is filled with good games !
It's wild that some people are saying "Eva shouldn't listen to her patreons!" Like, these guys are literally paying for her services so they should pay for the things they want to see.

Sure, she shouldn't listen to them about some story imputs but wanting to get the full update rather than a half-assed, half of it should be up to them.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Sometimes it seems to me this reaction score perfectly displays the discussions going on here:

View attachment 2104786
Was that from this thread? 'Cause I see something entirely different for that one...
Back - ORS - Post-26743.jpg
:unsure: I mean, I suppose the post you were referring to got deleted, but I don't know. :geek: I say just be happy and hope we hear some more positive news in regards to ORS soon! ;)(y)

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
Why does Eva no longer share fully colored sneak peeks in her weekly updates like she used to do ?
Now it's always i've been doing this and that with sometimes an unfinished illustration ... I think it will serve as proof that the development is progressing, build the hype for the next update/keep people interested and steer them away from the "milking" discussions.

Last edited:

Tryphikik

Aug 15, 2017
but wanting to get the full update rather than a half-assed, half of it should be up to them.
Don't agree... It should be up to her, she was gonna do it one way then listened to feedback to do it a different. She would know better if the half update was a worthy amount of content. This is splitting hairs though since thats not really what has people bothered because it didn't use to take her 6 months to do 2 updates, so even on the premise this is 2 updates, 1 update, 2 half updates, whatever the fuck you wanna call it... we are pretty close to the point the site should just proclaim the game onhold until proven otherwise.

Reactions: vsd29

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Don't agree... It should be up to her, she was gonna do it one way then listened to feedback to do it a different. She would know better if the half update was a worthy amount of content. This is splitting hairs though since thats not really what has people bothered because it didn't use to take her 6 months to do 2 updates, so even on the premise this is 2 updates, 1 update, 2 half updates, whatever the fuck you wanna call it... we are pretty close to the point the site should just proclaim the game onhold until proven otherwise.
If you read her Update she didn't want to release it. The only reason as to why that thought crossed her mind was because it was 10 months without any new content. For her to actually release it in 2 parts it would mean she would have to do extra work to make it make sense with just a half of the story.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Why does Eva no longer share fully colored sneak peeks in her weekly updates like she used to do ?
Now it's always i've been doing this and that with sometimes an unfinished illustration ... I think it will serve as proof that the development is progressing, build the hype for the next update/keep people interested and steer them away from the "milking" discussions.
Unpainted blanks are much more interesting to me than finished illustrations. I will say this - it fuels the excitement for the game for me, anticipating how they will look in the final version.

Reactions: spainhorse
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes