King Tommen

May 26, 2021
That is quite good on numbers, but still just 50% at best. But the main point I made was not especially about that. One member above told me that Eva did not want to update the Ian part alone, which is seemingly wrong according you. Then my point about a conscience band aid stands! Eva is the developer and she decides what and when to release. Letting others overturn your decision on these basics is either overindulgence of the patrons at best and a serious cave-in at worst.
There is a fitting proverb about what too many cooks do to a meal.
Here's her original post and this is the announcement of the poll, so you can follow her reasoning. She basically has 2 conflicting needs. Having both sides out at once and regularely releasing content.
One final thought, if EvaKiss is supposed to be the only one to decide why all the complaining about her decision? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodyMares

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
ok i have a really weird question : does Eva get aroused when drawing hot illustrations ? or does the sheer amount of focus and stress prevent her from feeling that way ? do you think she flicks the bean everytime she works on the game ??
As someone who writes stuff, I can assure you a level of arousal is necessary when doing so but you just have to push through it if you want to have any work done XD

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
One final thought, if EvaKiss is supposed to be the only one to decide why all the complaining about her decision? :unsure:
That is easy to answer. Eva had more or less decided to post the Ian update alone, then some hardcore fanbois began their yapping, which infected others. Then Eva made the mistake to cave in for these fulltime whistle buoys.

Had she released as she wanted to, yes, some guys would have been incensed, but that would have blown over soon. Because a)there would have been new ORS stuff out there for patrons and wider audience alike after a draught, showing that ORS is not dead but on it´s way and b) several self-censored devs like L&P, ICSTOR, gumdrop or Slonique show that even the most vocal patrons can be treated like idiots and still pay. While Eva is a far more nice developer than these greedy clowns, caving in to the demands of some very vocal patrons on essential things is a clear mistake! It is one thing to include some wished for scenes or special wallpapers, but another to let the patrons dictate you what to and when to release.
What has this kotau got us? The last new ORS material was over a year ago, Eva´s reputation as a reliable developer has now some deep scratches, many of the wider audience have lost interest due to the long interval and many on the fence will now hesitate to commit to the game because of this draught and the knowledge that some vocal fanbois can force Eva to do their bidding.

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
Hard luck for them, I am afraid! "Acting lessons" was a good game, but DPC lost me with the fire choice, which was an artifically enforced drama scene. (As I a hobbywriter myself I know why he thought to do this, but it tasted of enforcing a choice only for drama reasons)
Agreed, especially because it was unavoidable, no matter how you treat the nurse she becomes your stalker and gets someone you care for killed. But fortunately BaDIK is much more fun to play (and much bigger) with some great characters you really care for.

And to get back on topic: there are much less complaints about releases in the BaDIK thread compared to ORS but that's just my impression (that thread updates at a crazy speed so I don't follow it that closely).

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
What do you think of DrPinkCake?
DrPinkCake never bows to
Agreed, especially because it was unavoidable, no matter how you treat the nurse she becomes your stalker and gets someone you care for killed. But fortunately BaDIK is much more fun to play (and much bigger) with some great characters you really care for.

And to get back on topic: there are much less complaints about releases in the BaDIK thread compared to ORS but that's just my impression (that thread updates at a crazy speed so I don't follow it that closely).
There's plenty of complaints re the long development times of BaDIK, too, but generally I think people are willing to give DrPinkCake more flexibility, particularly since he seems totally uninterested in bowing to any patron pressures. He's going to make the game he wants the way wants to, full stop. If anyone doesn't like it they don't have to play the game. That seems to be his attitude, anyway.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019

If only BaDIK's dialogues aren't as stiff as the Great Wall of China, I might be able to enjoy the game. The fact that many of the LIs are already in a relationship doesn't help either.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
That is easy to answer. Eva had more or less decided to post the Ian update alone, then some hardcore fanbois began their yapping, which infected others. Then Eva made the mistake to cave in for these fulltime whistle buoys.

Had she released as she wanted to, yes, some guys would have been incensed, but that would have blown over soon. Because a)there would have been new ORS stuff out there for patrons and wider audience alike after a draught, showing that ORS is not dead but on it´s way and b) several self-censored devs like L&P, ICSTOR, gumdrop or Slonique show that even the most vocal patrons can be treated like idiots and still pay. While Eva is a far more nice developer than these greedy clowns, caving in to the demands of some very vocal patrons on essential things is a clear mistake! It is one thing to include some wished for scenes or special wallpapers, but another to let the patrons dictate you what to and when to release.
What has this kotau got us? The last new ORS material was over a year ago, Eva´s reputation as a reliable developer has now some deep scratches, many of the wider audience have lost interest due to the long interval and many on the fence will now hesitate to commit to the game because of this draught and the knowledge that some vocal fanbois can force Eva to do their bidding.
But Eva only decided to release half the update because she was worried about what the fans were thinking. She was pretty clear about that in the original announcement (though she was much more circumspect in her phrasing). Her original vision was a unified Ian/Lena release and she second-guessed herself out of that. If anything the fans were encouraging her to stay the course with her original vision.

And frankly I think the idea that people won't support the game because Eva listens to her fans is farcical. *If* there is damage to Eva's reputation it's entirely rooted in the obvious struggles she's going through writing this game. Forcing out a half-finished product only to have another long delay before releasing the second half wouldn't ameliorate that in the slightest. Eva doesn't know where to go with Lena's half any more than she did with Ian. That's what causes the delay, and that's what causes concern among the playerbase. If Eva can work through her block, both her development pace and her reputation will recover. If she can't, I fear ORS will wind up abandoned and her reputation will be a moot point. :(

DrPinkCake never bows to

There's plenty of complaints re the long development times of BaDIK, too, but generally I think people are willing to give DrPinkCake more flexibility, particularly since he seems totally uninterested in bowing to any patron pressures. He's going to make the game he wants the way wants to, full stop. If anyone doesn't like it they don't have to play the game. That seems to be his attitude, anyway.
Not to sound like a broken record, but I think the difference with DPC is that he has a clear idea where his game is going whereas Eva does not. DPC is trying to cram too much content into the update. Even if that extra content winds up gilding a lily, he's very enthusiastic about the game's development. That makes it easier for the fans to give him greater latitude during the long delay (well, assuming they liked the last update).

Eva, meanwhile, is the first one in line to express dissatisfaction with how her own development is going. That speaks well to her moral compass, but it's terrible advertising.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
What do you think of DrPinkCake?
I dont understand why he is always brought up I mean this are completly different games in his game you dont really have real decissions very linear(only which girl to bang), the dik and chick scala change nothing only which girls to bang you cant influence MC personalitie you are always big dik mullen if you like it or not and the game is very unrealistic in presentation of young male adult or how the hots act with other guys than mcs,couples,big partys and so on very unrealistic and the writting is very teen andrew tate fantasy (like how a 15 year old sees women)

if you take eva know you can influence the personalitie of ian you can be a asshole,you can be a wimp which i love you can be normal,you can rivalary with axel or lose to him or befriend him so many possibilities you can really roleplay your cheracter huge difference:)our red string really has decissions its not as linear as the other game so you can play this game 3 times and get other outcomes if you roleplay different (make diff decissions ofc)young adult actually act horny and go for women partys are not only for ian other males exist too its waymore realistic more rivalary way better writting more adult writting and way more erotic.

so this are completely different games with a completely different approche in literally every aspect (writting,kinks,how handle other male cheracters than Ian,realism,influence on personalitie of Ian and the decissions you make have an impact on the story)

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
And frankly I think the idea that people won't support the game because Eva listens to her fans is farcical. *If* there is damage to Eva's reputation it's entirely rooted in the obvious struggles she's going through writing this game.
Believe me, that is not farcical, but I think your position is explainable since it more or less the all in approach. I repeat myself here, it is the degree that makes or breaks this. It is one thing to include a scene. character, whatever the fans and you yourself find good and another if you let fans decide on "meta"-stuff, like release dates, general story structure, etc.

The former is hand-in-hand work, the latter is encroaching on your vision, bowing to outside pressure. If you bow once, the vocal fanbois expect that you will do it again if they just yap enough. I am a hobbywriter myself and have stories out, I know quite well to what lengths some fans and "fans" will go.

Reactions: Tierra_Azul

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Believe me, that is not farcical, but I think your position is explainable since it more or less the all in approach. I repeat myself here, it is the degree that makes or breaks this. It is one thing to include a scene. character, whatever the fans and you yourself find good and another if you let fans decide on "meta"-stuff, like release dates, general story structure, etc.
It is farcical, you're arguing from a point of view that comes from a wrong read of the whole thing.

What the fans voted wasn't based on a desire for one or other kind of release date, but because people felt changing the format of the game's development could potentially impact the narrative cohesion of Eva's work.
Her patreons didn't want Eva to band-aid her relationship to the loud minority by artificially slicing off pieces of her material to sate their impatience.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
It is farcical, you're arguing from a point of view that comes from a wrong read of the whole thing.

What the fans voted wasn't based on a desire for one or other kind of release date, but because people felt changing the format of the game's development could potentially impact the narrative cohesion of Eva's work.
Her patreons didn't want Eva to band-aid her relationship to the loud minority by artificially slicing off pieces of her material to sate their impatience.
It is neither farcical nor do I have a wrong read, I am writing myself and have seen what a span of behaviour the fans and critics have.(And how onesided some fans unfortunately think, there is a reason I mentioned a TTRPG here)

You are argumenting as if Eva writes a book, not a game. Narrative cohesion is important, but when you make a game with patrons hanging on your neck, it is an unfortunate fact of life that you should release in steady or at least halfway steady intervals!
And releasing one part in two is no problem for cohesion, if your next part is released "whole" again. What you (it is quite clear what you voted for considering your post) and the others voted for has hurt Eva´s outside image, which is important too! What potential patron sitting on the fence is comitting to a game where the last new stuff is already a year old?

Had Eva released the Ian part, it would have shown that the game lives and releases are somewhat steady. But now? Anybody stumbling on ORS now will see a stalled game with new stuff "back in antiquie times" and this coma going on for longer.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

The former is hand-in-hand work, the latter is encroaching on your vision, bowing to outside pressure. If you bow once, the vocal fanbois expect that you will do it again if they just yap enough. I am a hobbywriter myself and have stories out, I know quite well to what lengths some fans and "fans" will go.
That's a massive oversimplification. You can't just draw an arbitrary line and declare listening to fans is only good if it's on one side of that line. Listening to fans is good whenever it serves to improve the work, whether it be critiquing a character or the development process. The fact that there's no objective way to quantify what 'improves' a work is exactly why taking feedback is so tricky.

You worry entirely about the fans becoming entitled if they think Eva will listen to them, but you completely ignore the risk that by releasing a half update now the fans will feel entitled to future content updates at a faster pace than Eva can deliver them. That, IMHO is the far more pressing risk here because, again, Eva is so obviously struggling to write this game.

It is neither farcical nor do I have a wrong read, I am writing myself and have seen what a span of behaviour the fans and critics have.(And how onesided some fans unfortunately think, there is a reason I mentioned a TTRPG here)

You are argumenting as if Eva writes a book, not a game. Narrative cohesion is important, but when you make a game with patrons hanging on your neck, it is an unfortunate fact of life that you should release in steady or at least halfway steady intervals!
And releasing one part in two is no problem for cohesion, if your next part is released "whole" again. What you (it is quite clear what you voted for considering your post) and the others voted for has hurt Eva´s outside image, which is important too! What potential patron sitting on the fence is comitting to a game where the last new stuff is already a year old?

Had Eva released the Ian part, it would have shown that the game lives and releases are somewhat steady. But now? Anybody stumbling on ORS now will see a stalled game with new stuff "back in antiquie times" and this coma going on for longer.
Nonsense. I'm sorry to keep beating this drum, but the problem is that Eva herself is obviously burned out.

If Eva had framed the release of Ian's half as something she was enthusiastic about - that she'd come to realize it would be better to have a pause between the two halves of the chapter and as a happy side effect our wait would be half as long - that would have changed everything. Not only would she never have put the release up for a vote, but I venture to say such a vote would have handily swung around to favoring the partial release. There would still be naysayers, of course, but most people would have trusted Eva.

But Eva didn't do that. She made it painfully clear that she was only releasing Ian's half because she felt the full episode wasn't worth the wait and she couldn't think of any other way to get something out of the door now. No wonder people didn't have much faith in the artistic integrity of the partial release after that. I think the majority of fans were trying to reassure Eva that her work was worth waiting for, which strikes me as a hell of a lot more productive than taking the handout and running would have been.

You clearly disagree and I respect that, but I think you're letting your own preference blind you to the pitfalls of the half release path. We had to choose between two bad options here; there are plusses and minuses to each side. We're not going to get good solutions until Eva finally works through whatever is blocking her.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes