sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
1) the stuttering is because the character named perry is a stutterer. i don't know about you, but i think this is very good way to emulate that.
of course the character stutters. but it's annoying effect for me when i click right after the rest of the text appears

Cabot

Jun 20, 2017
And yes, I'm conscious it's hypocritical when Ian is going for Cindy. But I'm gonna be playing an ass ;) just doesn't want to have one as a friend :p
Hell yeah, in some of my routes Ian is also gonna be the kind of prick not only able to steal a girl from his friend Wade, but also willing to team up (and later backstab) if necessary with Seymour/Axel/Whomever in order to corrupt as many girls as he can (if something like that is possible further on the road). And in that route of course he's gonna be pissed -and will try to sabotage and/or cockblock- if someone like Jeremy gets in his way. But the thing is: I know Ian will be acting like a prick in those instances, it's just that playing the bad guy could be as fun as playing the good one in many games.

Precisely for that I don't get why people are so pissed with Jeremy when, even at this early stage of the game, Ian already could have done worse shit. Because I guess we concur in thinking that hitting on Cindy is much worse than anything that Jeremy has done so far (later on... we'll see).

Regarding the bro code thing... Well, I guess it might be cultural or even generational: when and where I come from while -obviously- girlfriends are sacred and ocasionally playing the wingman part is to be espected, but you just don't get a "free throw" just by saying a girl is hot before your friend, it's more "let the best man win and no grudges hold" kind of rule if both are interested.

And, let's face it, if Ian does just a little bit more than saying "Alison is hot"... He will fucking get the girl! Imo some people are getting it backwards: Ian is not getting the sloppy seconds of the dreaded BBC, it's the other way around, Jeremy is Alison's second option if Ian isn't interested or is too shy/dumb to get things done.

Last edited:

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Hell yeah, in some of my routes Ian is also gonna be the kind of prick not only able to steal a girl from his friend Wade, but also willing to team up (and later backstab) if necessary with Seymour/Axel/Whomever in order to corrupt as many girls as he can (if something like that is possible further on the road). And in that route of course he's gonna be pissed -and will try to sabotage and/or cockblock- if someone like Jeremy gets in his way. But the thing is: I know Ian will be acting like a prick in those instances, it's just that playing the bad guy could be as fun as playing the good one in many games.

Precisely for that I don't get why people are so pissed with Jeremy when, even at this early stage of the game, Ian already could have done worse shit. Because I guess we concur in thinking that hitting on Cindy is much worse than anything that Jeremy has done so far (later on... we'll see).

Regarding the bro code thing... Well, I guess it might be cultural or even generational: when and where I come from while -obviously- girlfriends are sacred and ocasionally playing the wingman part is to be espected, you just don't get a "free throw" just by saying a girl is hot before your friend, it's more "let the best man win and no grudges hold" kind of rule if both are interested.

And, let's face it, if Ian does just a little bit more than saying "Alison is hot"... He will fucking get the girl! Imo some people are getting it backwards: Ian is not getting the sloppy seconds of the dreaded BBC, it's the other way around, Jeremy is Alison's second option if Ian isn't interested or is too shy/dumb to get things done.

Oh yeah I agree with most of that, that's why as well I'm a bit surprised by the hate against Alison or Cindy or some others when the players are basically doing the same thing as well. I think in the end, they're pissed not everyone is at Ian's feet, and I hate that "beta/alpha" bullshit.
As for Jeremy, I don't per say hate the guy, but I don't trust him nor consider him a friend. And based on most of the interactions with him (the sparring, Alison, Lena etc). He doesn't strike me as someone who's trustworthy, but of course we'll see what happens in the next updates.

introvtx

May 6, 2017
I got this error even though I replayed the game from the very beginning.
Any help?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapter_3.rpy", line 6885, in <module>
NameError: name 'ian_home_cherry' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapter_3.rpyc", line 6883, in script
  File "I:\ISOs & Installers\doa6\OurRedString-v0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "I:\ISOs & Installers\doa6\OurRedString-v0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "I:\ISOs & Installers\doa6\OurRedString-v0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.3
Sat Jun 20 00:23:47 2020

Reactions: KDXvd

w00de

Jun 3, 2017

Regarding the bro code thing... Well, I guess it might be cultural or even generational: when and where I come from while -obviously- girlfriends are sacred and ocasionally playing the wingman part is to be espected, you just don't get a "free throw" just by saying a girl is hot before your friend, it's more "let the best man win and no grudges hold" kind of rule if both are interested.

On the one hand I understand where people get the idea from that Jeremy is trying to butt in, because he does try to turn the conversation to him even when you do go with Alison to the bar. On the other, I never had the problem with the way I played Ian.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Not exactly. I think, if your bro is interested in a certain girl, you either try to be a wingman for him or not get in the way and give him just 1 chance to get lucky without sabotaging it. If he fucks up naturally and you have hots for that girl as well, I say all bets are off and you're allowed to have a go yourself. Jeremy on the other hand does sabotage Ian's first try and mentions Lena conveniently to distract Alison from asking about Louise, which is a low blow. When you're under fire, you don't use your buddy as a human shield.
That was indeed a very low blow by Jeremy. Even Perry has a problem with his big mouth spilling the beans. Now that I think about it, Wade is the only friend who hasn't fucked with Ian. Which in my playthrough will make it all the more tragic when I take Cindy lol

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
When you are all discussing the 'bro code', are you not missing one thing? Jeremy was the first to be interested in Alison. Ian was like "Oh, yeah, I guess" Jeremy was already virtually fondling her breasts.
So if 'bro code' applies, Jeremy got first dips.
I think it all comes down to miscommunication. They were playing by different rules. Sure, Jeremy might have been texting with Alison but he does give Ian the chance to come clean about his intentions regarding Alison, and if Ian is not interested or regards her as a friend, he decides to go for it but encourages Ian to play the game, too. In this case, Ian has only himself to blame for being slow. But if Ian clearly expresses his interest, Jeremy then agrees that he doesn't need Alison as much and plays it cool, canceling his first dibs on Alison (he could choose not to but he does) so that Ian could have a go. So at this point, Ian naturally expects Jeremy to step aside.
Jeremy later decides to fight for Alison no matter the cost and throws Ian under the bus with his mention of Lena. If he still wanted to compete, he could outright say so to Ian beforehand, so both of them play by the same rules. Even if he changed his mind at the last moment after coming to the bar, he could pull Ian aside and say "Dude, I just can't help myself, Alison is too fucking hot tonight. How about we let the best man win? And I suggest you don't beat around the bush". This minor addition would redeem his character for me (well, as Ian's friend at least), even if he does mention Lena afterward (all is fair in love and war). It would still be a dick move, but in this case, Ian could easily retaliate by ratting him out on Ivy and Louise, too.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I got this error even though I replayed the game from the very beginning.
Any help?

Code:

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapter_3.rpyc", line 6883, in script
  File "I:\ISOs & Installers\doa6\OurRedString-v0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "I:\ISOs & Installers\doa6\OurRedString-v0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "I:\ISOs & Installers\doa6\OurRedString-v0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.3
Sat Jun 20 00:23:47 2020
When do you get this error and what was the outcome of Chapter 2 for you? I suspect you didn't go for Alison and Ian got soft with Cherry? If that's the case, then ian_home_cherry is a wrong reference and should instead be v2_cherry_home.

introvtx

May 6, 2017
When do you get this error and what was the outcome of Chapter 2 for you? I suspect you didn't go for Alison and Ian got soft with Cherry? If that's the case, then ian_home_cherry is a wrong reference and should instead be v2_cherry_home.
I actually did go for Alison and Ian didn't go soft, he didn't have anything to do with Cherry which is weird. This happened when Ian was in conversation with Jeremy at the gym in chapter 3.

Anyway I have been stalking this thread since the first alpha release but i don't believe I ever said something about it until now. I must say I would have let Jeremy have Alison if he was not an asshole at the bar and kinda put Ian on the spot just to get his dick wet. I knew I had to reload the game and go for Alison right there and then :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: KDXvd

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
I actually did go for Alison and Ian didn't go soft, he didn't have anything to do with Cherry which is weird. This happened when Ian was in conversation with Jeremy at the gym in chapter 3.

Anyway I have been stalking this thread since the first alpha release but i don't believe I ever said something about it until now. I must say I would have let Jeremy have Alison if he was not an asshole at the bar and kinda put Ian on the spot just to get his dick wet. I knew I had to reload the game and go for Alison right there and then :ROFLMAO:
I had the same thing happen on my game. I just ignored it, and it didn't seem to cause any issues. I did the same thing, ignored Cherry, etc.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017

Just checked that line in the script. You get the error because the condition is "elif ian_home_cherry or ian_home_alison:" with 2 wrong (undefined) references. It should be "elif v2_cherry_home or v2_alison_home" instead. I'll make sure to report that to Eva.

Reactions: KDXvd and introvtx

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Hey, guys, I have a proposition. How about we create a dedicated Discord server for the Eva Kiss fanbase? I talked to Eva about that, but she's apparently too busy for Discord herself. But judging by this thread, most people here would make for a very wholesome community. I mainly propose this as a way to make a working tech support (sort of), so I could build a database of every issue found and send it to Eva Kiss directly. With so many different pages, can't really expect people to know which issues have been reported/discovered, and which are not.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
While running game code:
File "game/chapter_3.rpy", line 4890, in <module>
NameError: name 'alison_jermey' is not defined

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Same getting a lot of errors.

Only just started, made it to the first weekend

While running game code:
NameError: Name 'month' is not defined.

After choosing between meeting Holly or Alison for lunch

Actually get it at the start of every day. Just hit ignore and carry on.

4.60 star(s) 310 Votes