mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Aside be a big chapter, she also made a remaster of the 9 chapters before develop ch. 10
What was it, like 7 months for this chapter to come out?

Tbh i kinda lost track on how often this game updated because of this update taking so long, how long does it usually take for a new chapter (not beta/final revisions, an actual new chapter) to come out?

Reactions: Balsamic

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
default ian_beard = 0 - I now want to see Ian with a big bushy beard
default ian_scar = 0 - I'm calling it now that Axel goes psycho on Ian in the future
Maybe Ian will join humanitarian effort in Somalia for a few months at some point. :whistle: :coffee:

default ian_chad = 1 - good to know there’s an actual chad-ometer in game
There's actually not just a meter, but a lot of Ian's dialogues in the game change tone with the chad variable at 4+

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
The best evaluation you can get is a step above that, "a good spar".

* round 1: either Provoke or Guard
* round 2: Guard, then Strike if you focused on kickboxing or Grapple if Ian is under Wen's tutelage. For grappling, to score a point you'll need to put extra effort in the gym; possibly for Strike as well, haven't tested that route.
* round 3: doesn't really matter. Tapping out will let you avoid getting punched in the face, if it bothers you to get one. But keep in mind that will cost you some athetics/friendship gains, if you did well until that point.

edit: actually, wait. The way things are coded currently, it is not possible to get more than 3 points in jiujitsu even with extra effort, and the game requires 4 points to perform good in the spar. I'd presume this is an error that the developer might want to hear about, since it doesn't seem to be intentional.

This is the problematic bit, in chapter 8:
Python:
        if v7_effort_gym:
            if jiujitsu < 3:
                $ jiujitsu += 1
It should be < 4 in order to work, or simply do away with the check altogether.

Alternatively, the skill requirement in the spar should be lowered by 1 point for jiujitsu branch. But then you could get the best result even without extra effort (and the extra effort potentially produces no benefit as your skill can already be 3 at that point) which i doubt is the intention.
Hey man thanks a bunch! I tried it on the kickboxing path and it indeed worked. Hopefully Eva fixes this.

Reactions: Kovir123

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Maybe Ian will join humanitarian effort in Somalia for a few months at some point. :whistle: :coffee:

There's actually not just a meter, but a lot of Ian's dialogues in the game change tone with the chad variable at 4+
Which choices lead to increase in chad variable?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Which choices lead to increase in chad variable?
There's nearly 30 situations where it happens (and almost 20 which reduce the chad score) so pretty hard to list them all. Generally speaking, the chad score increases when Ian is acting flirty, assertive or being a plain douchebag (putting down his friends, pretending to listen to girls etc) It can decrease with some "nice" or compliant choices.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
There's another variable if Lena chooses Robert after Ians public fight with him and they get back together for their usual casual relationship you'll get cucked dialogue during that deny him scene.
damn this i want to see but i dont want to reply just to get to that point. It'd be hilarious.

hhhhy

Apr 23, 2020
Did this update (v10) took longer than most updates? if so, how long does this game usually get updates?

Dec 8, 2018
Did this update (v10) took longer than most updates? if so, how long does this game usually get updates?
Chapter 10 took around 7 months to complete.

It is too early to say for sure, since work on the next chapter has not started yet, but assuming the final version of ch. 10 is released in December I would optimistically estimate May or June for a ch. 11 update. It could easily come in early July or later.

While chapter 11 might be slightly lighter in content, I don't see any reason to believe the complexity of the game is ramping down. I suspect a longer development cycle (2/year) will become the norm from now on.

4.60 star(s) 309 Votes