Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Wow, so now over a YEAR later it's finally past what it was before the restart. I was a $5 Patron but the restart thing I dropped. I'd never support a dev that would restart that far in. This one is REALLY bad at not getting her shit together until late and having to restart/not have old saves work. Wouldn't be surprised it happens again. Restarting is basically abandoning a game and starting a new one.
If I was donating money to that, I would definitely be pissed about that too.
But the remake IS better and me personally, I'm glad she did it even if I had to wait.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
holy shit lol the jeremy bar conversation sets the lena love variable? What kind of idiotic writing is this? I gotta stop playing this, it doesnt just feel like the characters are getting cucked, it feels like I THE PLAYER, am also getting cucked..... such a depressing game; and I enjoyed GGGB - because it feels like you have some autonomy and there's actually an alpha eric - yes yes inb4 'ian_chad' score, give me a break, if ian was a chad he'd move away from perry, beat the shit out of jeremy (or arrange to have him beaten), and wade might be the only male friend to hang with.

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
holy shit lol the jeremy bar conversation sets the lena love variable? What kind of idiotic writing is this? I gotta stop playing this, it doesnt just feel like the characters are getting cucked, it feels like I THE PLAYER, am also getting cucked..... such a depressing game; and I enjoyed GGGB - because it feels like you have some autonomy and there's actually an alpha eric - yes yes inb4 'ian_chad' score, give me a break, if ian was a chad he'd move away from perry, beat the shit out of jeremy (or arrange to have him beaten), and wade might be the only male friend to hang with.
Okay, bye.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
To be fair, there is a bunch of writing that doesn't make a lick of sense at all. But then again, according to her kiss ass mods (Not including Airplane Lara, who is awesome) over on her discord, it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Okay, bye.
but really, ranting aside, that doesnt seem odd to you at all? - that in a conversation with a guy who punches you to the floor for fun daily - THAT's the conversation that sets your love interest's variable? (prior to actual park convo)

To be fair, there is a bunch of writing that doesn't make a lick of sense at all. But then again, according to her kiss ass mods (Not including Airplane Lara, who is awesome) over on her discord, it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I'm slowly starting to learn the lay of the land around here, sycophancy stream to the west, and smarmy shores to the east! I get why GGGB has so many fans - I wouldn't call the writing outstanding, but relative to the other options at the time, it's light years ahead in terms of branching gameplay. It's bizarre that this is thought of as an improvement- it just feels so transparent, like I'm reading the dev's one-track fantasy diary.

• Haha
Reactions: monk_56

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I'm slowly starting to learn the lay of the land around here, sycophancy stream to the west, and smarmy shores to the east! I get why GGGB has so many fans - I wouldn't call the writing outstanding, but relative to the other options at the time, it's light years ahead in terms of branching gameplay. It's bizarre that this is thought of as an improvement- it just feels so transparent, like I'm reading the dev's one-track fantasy diary.
One of the issues with this is that Eva forces herself with asinine deadlines of wanting to put out a chapter ever 3-4 months. In doing so, she rushes herself and things generally tend to go awkward or there is inconsistency, which THERE IS STILL, moment or dialogue that don't make sense rationally or a moment where a character goes over the top with their emotions, etc.

NOW, if Eva were to push her dead line out to maybe 5 months instead, maybe it would get better. Though the thing with CHapter 10 though was it was so hyped up after the disappoint and why fucking bother of a reworking that it was and felt way too short for such time that was worked on.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
One of the issues with this is that Eva forces herself with asinine deadlines of wanting to put out a chapter ever 3-4 months. In doing so, she rushes herself and things generally tend to go awkward or there is inconsistency, which THERE IS STILL, moment or dialogue that don't make sense rationally or a moment where a character goes over the top with their emotions, etc.

NOW, if Eva were to push her dead line out to maybe 5 months instead, maybe it would get better. Though the thing with CHapter 10 though was it was so hyped up after the disappoint and why fucking bother of a reworking that it was and felt way too short for such time that was worked on.
perhaps I'm too pessimistic, but when I hear 'rework' nowadays, I imagine the opposite of the churchhill quote; this isn't the beginning of the game, it's probably not the end, but it is perhaps the Beginning of the End. This is the 2nd derivative flipping signs - I've never heard of players who given a vote would prefer "rework existing content" to "publish new stories and chapters" (unless in rare cases where stuff was really broken)

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
but really, ranting aside, that doesnt seem odd to you at all? - that in a conversation with a guy who punches you to the floor for fun daily - THAT's the conversation that sets your love interest's variable? (prior to actual park convo)
It's the same with Lena and Ivy tho.
It's not the best way to do it but it's a game after all, you need a certain trigger for certain stuff to happen.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
I don't see nothing odd in the situation. You discuss with your friend, that one that suggested to move on, forget about your ex and meet new people. The same friend with who you share a common interest: kickboxing. He doesn't punches you for fun, he is training with you. How are you supposed to learn and improve your reflexes? So yeah, you talk with this guy and when he asks you how things are going with Lena, maybe for the first time you actually think about it and realize that you like her.

yes yes inb4 'ian_chad' score, give me a break, if ian was a chad he'd move away from perry, beat the shit out of jeremy (or arrange to have him beaten), and wade might be the only male friend to hang with.
The variable is called 'ian_chad', not 'ian_douchebag' or 'ian_psychopath'. Let's ignore my childhood friends because I am so much better than them. Also, maybe I should arrange to have my friend beaten for no reason. If you ended up in a situation in which Ian is dating Lena, but Lena plays the field with Jeremy - I am sorry that Lena is cheating on you, but you did that to yourself. Is not the game that forced you in that situation.

To be honest, it's been more than a year and a half since an update was released in 3-4 months. I think it's safe to say that 3 months is not the norm anymore. Maybe 6-9 months.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
It's the same with Lena and Ivy tho.
It's not the best way to do it but it's a game after all, you need a certain trigger for certain stuff to happen.
Ivy is Lena's friend though. Having this decision be through a friend talk isnt weird, the weird part is on ians side its thru jeremy, who's by design the token bully bbc.

.....You discuss with your friend......

...... Let's ignore my childhood friends because I am so much better than them. .....
HE. ISNT. YOUR. FRIEND.

If your friends are like that in the real world, GET AWAY FROM THEM. I Mean this genuinely, not mockingly. Your friends should make you feel good about yourself.

NOTHING in the game indicates that jeremy (and now that I think about it, pretty much ANY of Ian's "friends") are actually friends. Do they help him out of tight places? Are they loyal? Do they SHUT THE FUCK UP when another girl is over? (perry) To be fair, Ian's not much of a friend to them - as I sperged out about 10 pages back when you're not even given the option to be a straight up bro with Wade, immediately the dialogue assumes you enter the Cindy situation like a weasel.

The only genuine 'friend' interactions I've seen is like getting Holly's help on your book, or asking help to deliver to boss. To be fair to Emma, she seems like an actual friend too.

Come to think of it, almost all the male characters here are written either as snivelling weasels or unrepentent douchebags.. I guess turnabout is fair play if most male written games contain window dressing females, still, this shouldn't be hard to see.

Last edited:

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Ivy is Lena's friend though. Having this decision be through a friend talk isnt weird, the weird part is on ians side its thru jeremy, who's by design the token bully bbc.

HE. ISNT. YOUR. FRIEND.

If your friends are like that in the real world, GET AWAY FROM THEM. I Mean this genuinely, not mockingly. Your friends should make you feel good about yourself.

NOTHING in the game indicates that jeremy (and now that I think about it, pretty much ANY of Ian's "friends") are actually friends. Do they help him out of tight places? Are they loyal? Do they SHUT THE FUCK UP when another girl is over? (perry) To be fair, Ian's not much of a friend to them - as I sperged out about 10 pages back when you're not even given the option to be a straight up bro with Wade, immediately the dialogue assumes you enter the Cindy situation like a weasel.

The only genuine 'friend' interactions I've seen is like getting Holly's help on your book, or asking help to deliver to boss. To be fair to Emma, she seems like an actual friend too.

Come to think of it, almost all the male characters here are written either as snivelling weasels or unrepentent douchebags.. I guess turnabout is fair play if most male written games contain window dressing females, still, this shouldn't be hard to see.
Well, that's what happens when a woman tries to write a male character.

Xamira

Jan 27, 2021
I cant seem to find the new Minerva scene in the gallery. I also did a speed play through focused on her and after she got her haircut, nothing happened.

Any idea what Im missing?

4.60 star(s) 313 Votes