ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
He does NOT refuse lena in the 4some post party 'truth-dare' scene regardless of ians earlier talk.
He does refuse it if his relationship with Ian is decent or better. (the player needs to spend willpower point to override his objections) Perhaps here lies your problem? If you treat him like shit and let your relationship deteriorate, then he no longer feels obliged to be loyal to Ian.

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
Minerva is where it’s at. Nothing better than a deprived woman with pent up anger to have at your disposal. Her and Ian’s opposite personalities mesh so well.

Hope the dev plugs in an ending for the two. Her and Emma are the best chicks in the game.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Minerva is where it’s at. Nothing better than a deprived woman with pent up anger to have at your disposal. Her and Ian’s opposite personalities mesh so well.

Hope the dev plugs in an ending for the two. Her and Emma are the best chicks in the game.
I can see Emma, but Minerva is a piece of shit who lets her personal issues drive complete lack of professionalism in the office. There's nothing "best" about it.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
A good new years resolution for EK would be to change her approach and give firm release dates (or at least release windows) instead of the "it's done when it's done" method.

My personal hope is that there are at least one or two more rough/hardcore paths in the game but that won't happen. Compared to GGGB the scenes thusfar have been pretty tame...

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
even if you tell him to f off and stay away - simply dancing with emma too long leads to the jeremy -allison fuck scene.
You're wrong there, Alison herself goes with Jeremy. You seduce Alison, she gets gets fully interested in you - and then you proceed to ignore her on the dance floor to grind on her friend while she begs for your attention. What exactly do you expect would happen?
She fucks jeremy if you fuck her and then leave her; however Jeremy himself says that Alison doesnt seem interested in him and only seems to be fucking him to make Ian jealous and win her back.
Looks like you have some vendetta against Jeremy, dont let the BBC meme live rent free in your head, he is a normal dude who just wants to fuck any hot piece of ass he can find (like most dudes)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
A good new years resolution for EK would be to change her approach and give firm release dates (or at least release windows) instead of the "it's done when it's done" method.
Firm release dates aren't really something a writer can guarantee -- a slump can happen at any time and last for who knows how long. Even "windows" are easy to miss, unless maybe if they're so large it kind of defeats the whole point of providing them.

The only thing "firm release dates" would result in is extra stress for the developer when they inevitably miss some or come dangerously close to. I don't think it's something anyone would really want.

Reactions: BloodyMares

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Firm release dates aren't really something a writer can guarantee -- a slump can happen at any time and last for who knows how long. Even "windows" are easy to miss, unless maybe if they're so large it kind of defeats the whole point of providing them.

The only thing "firm release dates" would result in is extra stress for the developer when they inevitably miss some or come dangerously close to. I don't think it's something anyone would really want.
Actually committing to a deadline and being under stress to complete it could be a very good thing.
I work at a tech company and we have a rule, we update our software every two weeks come hell or high water and the extra pressure and the promise we made to our costumers(feature wise and fixes) and the fear of disappointment really gas us up to work hard and late sometimes.
If you don't set a goal and timeframe it leads to lazy progress.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Actually committing to a deadline and being under stress to complete it could be a very good thing.
I work at a tech company and we have a rule, we update our software every two weeks come hell or high water and the extra pressure and the promise we made to our costumers(feature wise and fixes) and the fear of disappointment really gas us up to work hard and late sometimes.
If you don't set a goal and timeframe it leads to lazy progress.
Yeah, nothing like crunch and pointless stress to drive your team into the ground.

Software development is notorious in this regard, but that's largely because they can afford to churn through dozens of wide-eyed interns who don't know any better. It's the last thing you want to follow when you're working on your own and it's your own health, mental and otherwise, you're ruining.

Aug 3, 2017
I don't suppose there's any way to cheat some stats a bit? The games long enough that I kinda dread trying to find a save far enough back to get one leveled up to the point I need

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Yeah, nothing like crunch and pointless stress to drive your team into the ground.

Software development is notorious in this regard, but that's largely because they can afford to churn through dozens of wide-eyed interns who don't know any better. It's the last thing you want to follow when you're working on your own and it's your own health, mental and otherwise, you're ruining.
We got no interns, we all getting paid very well :)
Anyway, I have to disagree with that lazy approach, nothing great was ever achieved without crunch and hard work. That's just quilter talk IMO, but you do you.
I think being busy, especially with something you are passionate about is admirable and should be respected.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Anyway, I have to disagree with that lazy approach, nothing great was ever achieved without crunch and hard work.
The end product isn't going to be "greater" because people spent 100+ hours a week working on it, vs taking more time at a healthy pace. Thus it's perfectly possible to achieve great things without crunch.

The only thing crunch ever demonstrates is the inability of upper management to take into account the reality in their planning and wishful thinking. Humans are physically capable of only working so much, and often less is more in this regard.

To tie this to discussion about the game somewhat, Ian can produce max quality book without crunch /s

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
The end product isn't going to be "greater" because people spent 100+ hours a week working on it, vs taking more time at a healthy pace. Thus it's perfectly possible to achieve great things without crunch.

The only thing crunch ever demonstrates is the inability of upper management to take into account the reality in their planning and wishful thinking. Humans are physically capable of only working so much, and often less is more in this regard.

To tie this to discussion about the game somewhat, Ian can produce max quality book without crunch /s
That remains to be seen...

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That remains to be seen...
I think it's a safe presumption since there's no flags set if you pick options to work on the book (they're just a source of Intelligence gains) In the latest chapter this option allows you to change one additional card in the book, but it's only useful for fixing potential error you've made with initial setup.

Reactions: TheRedMinister398

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
I can see Emma, but Minerva is a piece of shit who lets her personal issues drive complete lack of professionalism in the office. There's nothing "best" about it.
While I agree her approach is unethical & questionable in the beginning, her character seems to be loosening the reigns in that regard.

I think her personal issues driving the complete lack of professionalism in the office is just a reflection of her having enough and wanting someone to meet her standards and take over a bit as well. She is tired of the one being in charge and doesn’t really have an answer to how to deal with someone finally standing their ground against her (Ian). It’s a shock + welcome surprise for her.

To each their own though.

Reactions: selberdreher
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes