Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
"Eva Kiss, do things for me"
I don't think it's that. I think it's him voicing his opinion on this type of game, and I agree with him. I would rather have one character i can identify with. Not a fan of more than one like this. GGGB was a good example of how to do it right.

I would think that with only ONE path to follow, it would not only make development of this game easier (I can't even imagine the tangled mess of path options are available when you have to take into account the different things two characters can do). It would also make it easier and give more room for more options and relationships when you're focusing on just the one character.

This was NOT someone demanding something is done "for them" but a legitimate criticism against multiple MCs.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Make the next game without multiple protagonists. It was a cool expermient but it failed. I don't really feel connection to any of protagonists, it's not an RPG, it's like you're above the fight, observing and cannot immerse yourself because it's about 2 totally different people. I really love GGGB and EvaKiss so pls listen.
A valid criticism. I like the overall story, but I would have also loved to see just one main character like in GGGB. Easier to immerse yourself in that character, easier to develop for the dev and leaves more time for the dev to add in more characters and options for just the one character rather than dealing with the tangled mess of paths available when you have two MCs.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
The dual protagonist experiment added more to her plate, and as a result, added far too much branching, inconsistency with characters and some moments, and discombobulated the story itself in parts. In short, Eva's attempt, while promising in theory, hasn't turned out as expected, with a below average story, fetishized content and interaction with most of the characters, lacking of ACTUAL content with others (cough cough Ivy cough cough). So, it somewhat disappointing, despite this game being average overall, if not a little lower.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So, it somewhat disappointing, despite this game being average overall, if not a little lower.
Am not sure what measuring stick you're using to arrive to such conclusion. There isn't exactly many such games (with more than one protagonist), and in terms of visuals and such this game is definitely not average or lower.

• Red Heart
Reactions: pavlogrk and sava75

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Comparing 2 games that are entirely different in nature. Like comparing this game to say BaDiK or Eternum. Poor job on you, let alone laughable.
Ok, how about some Total War games then? I am a huge fan of the old ones(Medieval 2 in particular) and the newer games are not for my taste at all, are they "failed" with Shogun 2 just because I don't like the changes they made?
It's fine that you have an opinion about the game and you don't like it, presenting it as facts is just stupid.

As for me, there is stuff I like about the dual protagonist thing and things I don't, but for the most part, its a cool idea and I like it a lot but I won't declare the game a success or a failure and demand from the dev to do as I say just because I am the center of the world.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Am not sure what measuring stick you're using to arrive to such conclusion. There isn't exactly many such games (with more than one protagonist), and in terms of visuals and such this game is definitely not average or lower.
If your mainly on visuals, sure their good, and not denying that. I'm more so talking about the story itself, how the characters are written, the content with characters, or I should say, serious lack there of. You have Geymour being the most uninteresting villain, Axel being forced down our throats and is somehow involved in everything that relates to Lena/Ian now more than ever, not to mention it took ten chapters to get an actual Ian-Ivy "moment" and even then it's a thrown bone, after the three works with the bar scene took away Ivy kissing him on the cheek/flirty moment/to just saying hey and having to be forced to bring Jeremy along and deal with him being the dumbass he already is. It's almost like Eva is forcing us to be friends with Jeremy and likely have our guy Ian suck on his cock and be bros.

But I digress.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm more so talking about the story itself, how the characters are written, the content with characters, or I should say, serious lack there of.
Hmm i think we'll just have to disagree on this, then. I think this game manages and writes its characters quite better than what you get on average in the games posted around here. They're largely actual characters first, with clearly written personalities.

When it comes to amount of sexual content, i'm also of different opinion. I find the current rate per episode to be just enough to keep things interesting, but without overloading it to the point of becoming just tiresome, if not plain silly. Maybe it's just me not being all that interested in Ivy, so i honestly couldn't care less whether she gets some scenes and it doesn't affect my opinion of the game that there wasn't all that many of them yet.

MinkoSvk

Sep 1, 2020
Ok, how about some Total War games then? I am a huge fan of the old ones(Medieval 2 in particular) and the newer games are not for my taste at all, are they "failed" with Shogun 2 just because I don't like the changes they made?
It's fine that you have an opinion about the game and you don't like it, presenting it as facts is just stupid.

As for me, there is stuff I like about the dual protagonist thing and things I don't, but for the most part, its a cool idea and I like it a lot but I won't declare the game a success or a failure and demand from the dev to do as I say just because I am the center of the world.
Agree, game can be marked as failure when it ends as cancelled project. Also agree with Total war games. I was playing Medieval 2 until Attila was published but new mechanics wasn't for me, but can't say, it was failure.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Why are you guys making these sweeping appraisals of the game when the game is half-way in development, especially in regards to specific side character/MC story lines? Also, you could argue dual MC's adds complications to game development, but even if that is the case, and say the game has a rocky and delayed development or the writing suffers, what constitutes a failed game? Some of my favorite games have flaws and have varying degrees of commercial and critical success. What metric are we to evaluate it on? It's probably more constructive to evaluate it in narrowly defined aspects, especially at this point.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

tobiume08

Jul 3, 2020
Don't get me wrong. I think this is one of the best games on the site. But.

This game has reached the wall. There are so many choices and pathways that it has become a nightmare to program. I hope the next update it is and Eva will start a new project.

Cervixpunch

Feb 10, 2019
The dual protagonist experiment added more to her plate, and as a result, added far too much branching, inconsistency with characters and some moments, and discombobulated the story itself in parts. In short, Eva's attempt, while promising in theory, hasn't turned out as expected, with a below average story, fetishized content and interaction with most of the characters, lacking of ACTUAL content with others (cough cough Ivy cough cough). So, it somewhat disappointing, despite this game being average overall, if not a little lower.
If your mainly on visuals, sure their good, and not denying that. I'm more so talking about the story itself, how the characters are written, the content with characters, or I should say, serious lack there of. You have Geymour being the most uninteresting villain, Axel being forced down our throats and is somehow involved in everything that relates to Lena/Ian now more than ever, not to mention it took ten chapters to get an actual Ian-Ivy "moment" and even then it's a thrown bone, after the three works with the bar scene took away Ivy kissing him on the cheek/flirty moment/to just saying hey and having to be forced to bring Jeremy along and deal with him being the dumbass he already is. It's almost like Eva is forcing us to be friends with Jeremy and likely have our guy Ian suck on his cock and be bros.

But I digress.
I'm getting the impression more than anything you just really want some Ivy banging to finally fucking happen.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes