SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
If this game will ever be completed, I wish Eva would do DLCs like GGGB afterwards. She can implement cut contents like Ed route, Sidechick Alison (Lena as GF) route, etc.
Hmm, yes clearly because having another creepy old guy would do wonders for this game because everyone so wants to have Ed cheat on his aging wife and then die of a heartattack getting a handy, leaving Lena in charge of the shop. (DOUBTFUL)

Dec 17, 2019
For 1.5 model you have to use 512x512 images.
Use rpaExtract tool to unpack images so you don't have to separate characters from backgrounds by yourself.
Its worth to try to prepare images manually and make few versions of each with different background, for exmaple Ash on black background and exactly same Ash on white background. If image doesn't fully fit in 512x512, you can try to prepare 3 versions of it (or lets say 6 with different backgrounds): fullbody resized down to fit in 512, cut top part without resizing, cut bottom part without resizing. Prepare decent text descriptions for each image so they gonna work with similar prompts later (descriptions can be generated automatically by DB, but it may not work good enough for your case).
Also it might be worth to use some anime focused model such as "anything v3" as a base instead of original SD1.5, and use Danbooru tags in your text descriptions (in that case learn about their tags before you write text descriptions).
Begin with small dataset and just one character, something like 30 images should be enough to get first results and decide if its time to add mode images / characters or if you still need to tweak training parameters.

If you gonna have more questions on this matter send me a private message.
But I won't be able to help you with particular training parameter values as its something you have experiment with (easily can take several days). I'm not an expert in style training and mostly train models based on real humans for deep fake purposes, not artworks.

And to keep it somewhat on topic.. heres my quick fanimation with Stan + Lena.
View attachment 2488768
hi res mp4:
This is really good! Have you considered doing a bunch of these and seeing if Eva would put them in the game?

Reactions: ffive

LoneVoyage

Nov 22, 2016
Hmm, yes clearly because having another creepy old guy would do wonders for this game because everyone so wants to have Ed cheat on his aging wife and then die of a heartattack getting a handy, leaving Lena in charge of the shop. (DOUBTFUL)
It was planning to be actually. But then Eva gave up, there were already to many character and we have already Seymour.

ShareIsLove

Nov 28, 2022
This is really good! Have you considered doing a bunch of these and seeing if Eva would put them in the game?
Its not an easy question.

I'm quite short on time and seems like renpy not so good with realtime animations.
Like, yeah we can playback it naive way simply switching JPGs in a loop, but this exact animation is 48 frames (can be reduced to 12 with some lose in overall quality).
1 such frame in 1920x1080 and 90% JPG quality is ~660kb, 1 animation gonna be around 32mb.
And now imagine that we gonna need to make various animations for every possible character state.
Every combination of tattoos and piercings and clothes and who knows what else we can customize later in the game (hair color? skin color? scars? and so on and so forth). What if more than 1 customizable characters participate in animation? It can go ugly very fast.

Also not sure if it will playback smoothly, especially on mobiles and weak PCs (laptops) as it is extremely unoptimized approach.

I can continue for long... but lets see.

ShareIsLove

Nov 28, 2022
There's tons of Renpy games which don't have any problem with playing animations.
Yet again. This is just video playback with its own pros and cons.
So we still gonna have character customization issues as we gonna need to pre-render different videos for all possible cases.
At least they seem to support hardware decoding and it should be performant and about 10 times smaller in size than jpgs.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yet again. This is just video playback with its own pros and cons.
Yes, i wasn't questioning any other part of your post, which is why i didn't include that in my quote. This was strictly about correcting misinformation about video playback.

ShareIsLove

Nov 28, 2022
Yes, i wasn't questioning any other part of your post, which is why i didn't include that in my quote. This was strictly about correcting misinformation about video playback.
By real-time animations I didn't really meant video playback, but code-driven animations.
Renpy seem to have Live2D integration but it doesn't support android and also people saying that it has shitty licensing.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
By real-time animations I didn't really meant video playback, but code-driven animations.
Ahh, didn't think of that because it's kind of overcomplicating things. Though on the other hand simplifying it if you have body parts with variants like in ORS, i guess.

Reactions: ShareIsLove

FelixCreep

Mar 15, 2023
I have a question. If you are on Ian convinces Cindy to cheat on Wade route (but they are together still), does the "time apart" talk at Emma's cinema event from Wade is supposed to happen? I ask because I had to relocate saves and I am using mod so there might be some mixups. But if it is supposed to happen anyways would be cool to know before I replay from fresh to "fix" the route if I must.

I remember it took quite some effort to keep Cindy and Wade together, would be pretty lame that they split apart anyway literally next update :D

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I have a question. If you are on Ian convinces Cindy to cheat on Wade route (but they are together still), does the "time apart" talk at Emma's cinema event from Wade is supposed to happen?
Wade and Cindy "take a break" no matter what. Although the dialogue slightly differs depending on whether Ian tried to help them patch things up, or fueled the flames. So they'll (more) likely get back together if you've helped, than if you have not.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes