ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Just pointing out that's literally one of the defining behaviors associated with sociopathy. Growing to not care about other people's feelings is a natural progression from repeatedly making decisions that hurt said feelings.
You're right of course, am just reluctant to slap that label because imo it warrants much more prevalent behavior, and applying it so loosely devalues the term.

Either way, this is not to say that Jeremy's behavior is unreasonable, it makes complete sense for the type of character that he is, but it is still imoral.
I agree about the immoral aspect; i was simply arguing that because it makes complete sense for the kind of character he is, i don't think this was any sort of a lesson for him. For that matter, i don't think he actually means it when he says he knows that he handled things wrong. It's likely this is just empty concession to get Lena off his back and/or look better in her eyes.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Just pointing out that's literally one of the defining behaviors associated with sociopathy. Growing to not care about other people's feelings is a natural progression from repeatedly making decisions that hurt said feelings.

But as to the rest, the point of breaking up with Louise (or having a discussion that would very likely lead to a break-up) is not for Jeremy to avoid drama, but to respect Louise's autonomy and right to decide what kind of relationship she wants to have. Louise feeling upset at a break-up is her prerogative as much as not wanting to be in an exclusive relationship is Jeremy's, deceiving her by omission and cheating is not.

Either way, this is not to say that Jeremy's behavior is unreasonable, it makes complete sense for the type of character that he is, but it is still imoral. I would just add that my read on him is that he is not imoral by malice (in the way the bigger villains like Seymour and Axel are), but just by immaturity. He wants to be a "player" but he is also not really ready to be a villain, he still seeks rationalizations that say he "isn't hurting anyone" or "it was a misunderstanding, not really his fault". Him being able to admit he was wrong in how he handled things with Louise is a little step, even if he is not ready to reform his ways.
I completely agree, but from my own and others experiences, sex seems to be where a lot of otherwise decent, moral people fail completely. Especially given that Lena essentially offers herself up to Jeremy, if you make those choices for her in the game, I think it would take a man of absolute iron will to say no. And Jeremy is not a man of absolute iron will. Even if he were genuinely committed to Louise, I think the temptation would be nigh impossible to resist.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
She just shouldn't call it "weekly update" anymore, just "dev update". A weekly report is not necessary anyway, at least once a month for patrons who pay monthly.
Nah it's better for devs to be more consistent and transparent. Eva Kiss had a good thing going with the weekly updates for this chapter, only the last 4 weeks have been inconvenient, but in general it's good for keeping the public informed and for maintaining hype for the next release. She didn't even have to show any teasers just telling her audience where things are at. I'd rather her weekly updates than one of the hundreds of devs that just disappear for 3 months only to tell the audience that they are still 'working hard'

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
2 Weeks of no "weekly update" second time in a row; I'm starting to think my joke about "the second funeral" might be true. Anyway, I think we should accept that the game is on a downward spiral. The last 4 updates took over 5 months each. If I remember correctly it was:

1. Chapter 9: 5 months
  2. Chapter 9 Remastered: 5 months
  3. Chapter 10: 7 months
  4. Chapter 11: 6 months and still counting
One of those updates being a "pointless" rework. So it took over 2 years just for 3 Chapters. For both this update and the last, we had the author communicating less and less with the supporters with the updates being less frequent. Not looking good. Best case scenario, this game is finished in 5 years. Worst case scenario, I see it abandoned in 2-3 Chapters.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
2 Weeks of no "weekly update" second time in a row; I'm starting to think my joke about "the second funeral" might be true. Anyway, I think we should accept that the game is on a downward spiral. The last 4 updates took over 5 months each. If I remember correctly it was:

1. Chapter 9: 5 months
  2. Chapter 9 Remastered: 5 months
  3. Chapter 10: 7 months
  4. Chapter 11: 6 months and still counting
One of those updates being a "pointless" rework. So it took over 2 years just for 3 Chapters. For both this update and the last, we had the author communicating less and less with the supporters with the updates being less frequent. Not looking good. Best case scenario, this game is finished in 5 years. Worst case scenario, I see it abandoned in 2-3 Chapters.
Chapter 10 - 8 months, if a remember.
The Part 10 alpha came out in early December, so we've only been a little over 5 months.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Right at the end of November to be exact, with the final release coming at the end of December. If we factor in the holidays plus the prologue, I don't think its been that long working on Chapter 11, so the dev gets a pass
Chapter 10 came out the last day of November so that is when I started counting for the Chapter 11. I didn't take the epilogue into the account since I count that as Chapter 11. It's either Chapter 10 took 8 months and Chapter 11 is 5 months and counting or Chapter 10 took 7 months and Chapter 10 is 5 months and counting. You pick which one you prefer.

• Angry
Reactions: SerHawkes

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Personally I don't care too much how long it takes between updates. Whether it takes 4 months or 6 is no skin off my back. As long as there are consistent updates on the Patreon. Other devs would take the time between updates to post useless wallpapers and special renders. I prefer updates that track progress, which is why I'm getting a bit concerned over the last few weeks. The updates haven't been weekly, right when it seemed like the update was entering it's final stages. Obviously I'm not a paying customer so I'm not bothered at all, but still right before the finish line Eva seems to not be consistent. I just hope twice the weekly updates were missed is a fluke and the game gets updated soon.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Personally I don't care too much how long it takes between updates. Whether it takes 4 months or 6 is no skin off my back. As long as there are consistent updates on the Patreon. Other devs would take the time between updates to post useless wallpapers and special renders. I prefer updates that track progress, which is why I'm getting a bit concerned over the last few weeks. The updates haven't been weekly, right when it seemed like the update was entering it's final stages. Obviously I'm not a paying customer so I'm not bothered at all, but still right before the finish line Eva seems to not be consistent. I just hope twice the weekly updates were missed is a fluke and the game gets updated soon.
It's not a fluke. The past 2 years the updates have consistently taken over 5 months to come out and the dev is slacking in the weekly updates. This is a new norm, so you should get used to it.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
It's not a fluke. The past 2 years the updates have consistently taken over 5 months to come out and the dev is slacking in the weekly updates. This is a new norm, so you should get used to it.
Try reading my message again, but pay attention to what I said. I don't care about the monthly length of the updates just the consistency between weekly update posts. For chapter 11, the first 7 weekly updates the weekly updates were released consistently 7-8 days after each other. Now in the past 4 weeks the weekly updates havent been consistent. That is the potential fluke to recent trends I was obviously referring to.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Try reading my message again, but pay attention to what I said. I don't care about the monthly length of the updates just the consistency between weekly update posts. For chapter 11, the first 7 weekly updates the weekly updates were released consistently 7-8 days after each other. Now in the past 4 weeks the weekly updates havent been consistent. That is the potential fluke to recent trends I was obviously referring to.
It wasn't fluke because Chapter 10 also had bi-weekly "weekly" updates.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
It wasn't fluke because Chapter 10 also had bi-weekly "weekly" updates.
They are called weekly updates not bi-weekly updates. Chapter 11 finally had a trend of consistent updates. If that trend stops here and Eva returns to bi-weekly updates then it wasn't a fluke, but if she returns to consistently releasing weekly updates then yes the past 4 weeks of irregularities will by definition be a fluke. Last update Eva gave excuses for why she couldn't post an update and she may or may not have good reason for not releasing the weekly update again. Maybe she is almost finished and the next update will be the release date announcement or maybe for the last 2 weeks she has been watching Netflix and not gotten any work done. Point is we don't know because we haven't gotten an update telling us

Reactions: sliszt2

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
They are called weekly updates not bi-weekly updates. Chapter 11 finally had a trend of consistent updates. If that trend stops here and Eva returns to bi-weekly updates then it wasn't a fluke, but if she returns to consistently releasing weekly updates then yes the past 4 weeks of irregularities will by definition be a fluke. Last update Eva gave excuses for why she couldn't post an update and she may or may not have good reason for not releasing the weekly update again. Maybe she is almost finished and the next update will be the release date announcement or maybe for the last 2 weeks she has been watching Netflix and not gotten any work done. Point is we don't know because we haven't gotten an update telling us
Best to stop here while your winning. The topic will turn into a circle jerk soon enough and we don't want that, since arguing with Eva's acclaimed long lost DA cousin never does look good.

Sometimes we get a weekly update, sometimes we don't. Its the nature of the beast. Some devs like keeping fans in the light with things while others in the dark. In Eva's case, that dark can bring questions to things surely: Is Eva over working herself? Are we getting ANOTHER unasked for rework of sorts? Could something personal have happened? Who knows for sure.

Either way, getting back on proper topics...
screenshot0103.png
Making kissy faces with the BEST gal, clearly.

Dec 9, 2018
No matter what she does (postponig, watching netflix, etc) her simps on patreon will praise her and tell her to take even more time off. So she may live in a bubble thinking that nobody cares about those updates anyway.

But yeah, like sir Hawkes said let's stop complaining and get used to it.

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
I think I'm in minority here who thinks ORS is by far better than GGGB. Obviously, the art is way better but I also think the writing for ORS is far superior. In GGGB, Ashley felt like a vehicle without personality that you could drive through whichever fetish you want. Lena on the other hand feels like an actual character which helps with emersion a lot. You can actually see the road which led Lena to her current choices of action while with Ashley, the choices would be something like "Yeah he is hot" and "No he isn't". It's actually what I think makes EvaKiss take 7 months for an update.
I do not believe you're in minority at all. GGGB was by far the best game of the industry at its release, however it is pretty obvious that Eva Kiss is improving and constantly developing his/her skills and the result is that ORS is obviously better in all aspects. Yes there are always the couple of odd ones who fail to see it, just like there are a couple of earth flatters. the human species is far from perfect.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Best to stop here while your winning. The topic will turn into a circle jerk soon enough and we don't want that,
Ain't nobody winning anything here. We are all losing because this game has released 3 Chapters in over 2 years and the dev has consistenly been missing out on the "weekly updates". Those are just facts. It's also a "proper topic" since we are discussing the game, it's release and the fact that we haven't had consisten weekly updates for the past month.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes