der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020

Hi guys,
This week has been rather rough and I've been having trouble progressing with the writing. It's been hard to focus and sort out all the complex variations in any given scene but, most of all, it's the pressure of development that's being hard to handle. I would've liked to be done with the update by now, and the longer I take to release it, the harder the pressure gets; dealing with long development cycles can really wear you down, especially when there's so much moving pieces and interconnected tasks to take care of. Thankfully I have help with the art and coding, but managing and coordinating people is not that easy and it's not something I have a knack for.
1686327172413.png
Not everything is bad news though; I've continued to work in the art and that's almost done. We've been also working in implementing a text messaging screen, since the display method that I had been using so far felt really lackluster. We have the screen working, now we have to implement it. I think it will add a lot to the immersion and overall presentation of the game.
1686327203057.png
Also, the 3 new backgrounds are done, and I'll add a fourth one, so quite a few new places to visit in this chapter. Any guesses?
1686327211518.png
Regarding the writing, I have left 3 major lewd scenes to write. Once I manage to push through those, I'll need to ensamble the chapter together, make sure everything works and then it'll be ready, so hopefully the release isn't far away. I really need to get this chapter out.
I understand if some of you are disappointed, and I thank the ones who keep supporting the development patiently. Status reports aren't coming out as consistently as they should, but I struggle to write them when I can't share good news, and I'm trying to save my mental energy to focus on the game itself. However, I'm happy that I can start showing some of the work that's been going on for the past few months. Again, thank you so much for your backing of this project, and I'll try to publish a chapter that keeps elevating the experience, even if I'm struggling more than I'd like to do it. My promise is to not disappoint you, and that's what I'm working towards.

Last edited:

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I feel like that's Jess' apartment. The question I have, if that is is Jess' apartment, will it change where we have a good Jess or a bad Jess?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I feel like that's Jess' apartment. The question I have, if that is is Jess' apartment, will it change where we have a good Jess or a bad Jess?
Am thinking it could be Cherry's flat, given she's a painter and it makes more sense for Ian to pay her a visit at this stage than for either of MCs to get invite from Jess. Alternatively could be good Jess' place, given she has painter boyfriend on this path.

Vurg

Sep 3, 2017
It was pretty obvious that the slower cadence of Patreon updates was due to writers block. Personally I am sympathetic. I've always problems resolving plot points in my own writing and I can't imagine having to resolve them for multiple branching paths and variables. The faster cadence earlier was due to lack of complexity of the initial tasks.

I don't know if she has anyone to bounce ideas off of to resolve writers block, but I look forward to the update still regardless of how long it takes and hope Eva doesn't burn herself out from stress.

I think the updated workflow set up seems like a good step forward though and I would wholeheartedly encourage Eva to continuing working on the process.

I patiently await for the day that my boy Marcel finally gets laid.

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
It's Cherry's—as someone pointed out when the sketch was shared, that picture has "cherry's home" in the file name.

Wondering what the other backgrounds will be, though. I'm guessing at least one or two are other character's homes, and from the main cast Holly, Jeremy and Emma are the ones we haven't seen the homes of yet. Jeremy in particular it would make sense to give an own background, as his relationship with Lena is so sneaky in nature and sooner or later they'll likely need to meet away from Lena's home, for obvious reasons.

yo88

Apr 24, 2017
It is obvious that chapter 11 will be the only one released this year, so one chapter per year.:LOL:

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
It was pretty obvious that the slower cadence of Patreon updates was due to writers block. Personally I am sympathetic. I've always problems resolving plot points in my own writing and I can't imagine having to resolve them for multiple branching paths and variables. The faster cadence earlier was due to lack of complexity of the initial tasks.

I don't know if she has anyone to bounce ideas off of to resolve writers block, but I look forward to the update still regardless of how long it takes and hope Eva doesn't burn herself out from stress.

I think the updated workflow set up seems like a good step forward though and I would wholeheartedly encourage Eva to continuing working on the process.

I patiently await for the day that my boy Marcel finally gets laid.
Yeah—when Eva goes quiet for longer periods (and it's very rare that it's more than two weeks), it's usually because she's struggling with the writing or working hard to get the final pieces to fit together, and ends up not prioritizing updating Patreon. Considering the previous status update it was likely that it was a mix of both.

And yeah—working on resolving plot points in stories like this, where everyting is so delicately woven together and one inconsistency can end up affecting many different paths, is very draining. And if you don't find the solution at first, it's easy to get stuck and not find your way out. I don't think Eva bounces ideas with her team during the writing process—maybe it would be a good idea to do that, but these problems (from the little we know of them) is, as you probably know, more or less impossible to completely prevent.

One of the backgrounds is probably the beach house.
I think we're in the last week of June at the end of the Chapter 11 Prologue, and the beach house is not due before August. So I and others have guessed that we'll have one or two more chapters before that. But four new backgrounds is more than usual, so maybe that's an indication that it'll happen already in the next chapter? If they'll go there, you'd likely need both a living room, at least one bedroom, and an exterior background—either a pool or the beach or something similar.

Last edited:

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
It is obvious that chapter 11 will be the only one released this year, so one chapter per year.:LOL:
That's not obvious yet—it's possible, but way too early to say for certain. What is obvious, is that it's just dumb to claim that it would mean it's "one chapter per year". It would be one chapter in 2023, not per year. If it's released in June/July, which seems likely at this point, it's one chapter per seven months (with one mini chapter during that time as well), just like it was with the last update. But for some reason I suspect you'll find a way to disagree, and I don't have high hopes for the logic behind it.

ArcherHades46

Jan 13, 2022
A little more patience friends, it's nice that Eva understands the full extent of the pressure, be reasonable, obviously, she tries to make the game as comfortable as possible for us, both sexually and in other different paths. I think there will be dp, progress with Axel, Evie, Stan, Perry (hinted when Lera was in the shower) Maybe Billy's modeling agency. By the way, has anyone ever wondered? Where is a small repetition in the form of a gang, Wilson, for example, with drugs, Lera already has experience thanks to Ivy. I think there will be time to think about it and wonder if Eva wants to create a similar situation.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Hi guys,
This week has been rather rough and I've been having trouble progressing with the writing. It's been hard to focus and sort out all the complex variations in any given scene but, most of all, it's the pressure of development that's being hard to handle. I would've liked to be done with the update by now, and the longer I take to release it, the harder the pressure gets; dealing with long development cycles can really wear you down, especially when there's so much moving pieces and interconnected tasks to take care of. Thankfully I have help with the art and coding, but managing and coordinating people is not that easy and it's not something I have a knack for.

Not everything is bad news though; I've continued to work in the art and that's almost done. We've been also working in implementing a text messaging screen, since the display method that I had been using so far felt really lackluster. We have the screen working, now we have to implement it. I think it will add a lot to the immersion and overall presentation of the game.

Also, the 3 new backgrounds are done, and I'll add a fourth one, so quite a few new places to visit in this chapter. Any guesses?

Regarding the writing, I have left 3 major lewd scenes to write. Once I manage to push through those, I'll need to ensamble the chapter together, make sure everything works and then it'll be ready, so hopefully the release isn't far away. I really need to get this chapter out.
I understand if some of you are disappointed, and I thank the ones who keep supporting the development patiently. Status reports aren't coming out as consistently as they should, but I struggle to write them when I can't share good news, and I'm trying to save my mental energy to focus on the game itself. However, I'm happy that I can start showing some of the work that's been going on for the past few months. Again, thank you so much for your backing of this project, and I'll try to publish a chapter that keeps elevating the experience, even if I'm struggling more than I'd like to do it. My promise is to not disappoint you, and that's what I'm working towards.
Of course, this is not good news, we are unlikely to see an update in June, given the written release window, it is likely to be shifted to July, but at least the work is moving and there is not much left to complete.

But of course the comments that I often see here are not healthy behavior. Constant accusations of milking, and other mortal sins, desire to rush the developer, hysteria of some personalities - this doesn't lead to anything good. If the developer sees such posts, especially with hate it creates additional stress and can make development even more difficult, it just kills motivation. It becomes clear why many developers leave F95 and prefer their own Discord server for feedback, where they can better control the audience, and can avoid the toxic part of the fans.

Based on what was written, Eva herself doesn't like the delay in updating and she pushes herself and honestly writes about problems she faces in development. I myself hope to see an update as soon as possible.

As for the background, it's definitely Cherry's room. As we remember Cherry - the artist and canvases for paintings make this clear, but you can go even simpler, in the last status report this background was a monochrome contour sketch and the file was called "Cherry_room"

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I don't understand the accusations of "milking" on this site. This site is largely a pirate site, only a handful of developers post their work here for free. So there is no ground to stand on to accuse a developer of milking if you're not putting money towards the development process. And if you are a Patreon, why would you complain of milking here? Nothing is going to come of it on this site, make your irritation known on Patreon or their Discord or somewhere actually official from the developer so there is a proper channel of communication. And if for some reason that still doesn't net results pull the funding, and then the developer isn't milking you anymore, right? So we're back to where we started, no need to complain about milking.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
If someone looks too young to enter an adult establishment, checking their ID is just a logical thing to do. It's not like this hasn't happened in real life.

Better be safe than sorry.
I mean, yeah, but there are multiple choices in that scene which leads me to believe there will be a big reveal surrounding it. Or at least something that comes out of it. Why give the option for Lena to choose how old she think Holly is if it's just a one and done scene.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
I don't understand the accusations of "milking" on this site. This site is largely a pirate site, only a handful of developers post their work here for free. So there is no ground to stand on to accuse a developer of milking if you're not putting money towards the development process. And if you are a Patreon, why would you complain of milking here? Nothing is going to come of it on this site, make your irritation known on Patreon or their Discord or somewhere actually official from the developer so there is a proper channel of communication. And if for some reason that still doesn't net results pull the funding, and then the developer isn't milking you anymore, right? So we're back to where we started, no need to complain about milking.
You can point out that a dev is milking their supporters without you yourself being subject to the milking. A wrong is wrong even if it's not done to you.

I don't think Eva Kiss is milking, I think she genuinely is struggling to juggle the scope of the game, but that is a different from maliciously stalling a game's development. But just because it's not happening with ORS, doesn't mean it doesn't happen with other games.

It's true complaining doesn't do much, even though technically Eva Kiss does run this thread, I doubt she checks what we say. Sometimes people just want to voice their frustration or have discussions with like-minded folk, no reason to want to suppress that. Only problem is sometimes these topics can get a toxic.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes