lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
Some time back, Eva Kiss mentioned how she sprinkles pieces of her personality across the characters she writes but that no character is a direct self-insert for her. It's typical for most writers. She addressed it several times, even during the early GGGB days when some patrons thought the Eva character was an in-game copy of the dev's real-life personality.

Also, the dev used to be more open and post more about themselves, including regular Q&As, photos, and other details about her life, but stopped sometime after sharing some selfies. I guess she didn't factor in that frustrated Stans and Arthurs are a sizeable chunk of the game's fanbase.
I didn't know, interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Deathzazor

Mar 18, 2020
I didn't know, interesting. Thanks for sharing.
It is indeed. I tend to just quietly observe/follow conversations in this kind of forum, enjoy the games and support one dev at a time when my financial situation isn't too dicey. Can't help but feel like this novel and Avalon are/were written from a female perspective. I recall the author of Long Live The Princess could've been a lady too, but that story gave nothing of that vibe...

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Cool, which comments are those? I only have the patreon to go by and last update there (29th May) it sounded faaaar from finished. I assume you have more up to date info on Discird?
2 or 3 months seems well within the realm of possibility, hopefully faster though :)
2 or 3 months would mean it will take 8 or 9 months for an update.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Are you kidding me? I'm already going crazy.
I'm not saying it will; the update should be around the corner. I'm just replying to the other person saying it would take another 2 or 3 months, which would be insane wait time. Honestly, the next "weekly update" should be announcing the release of the game... I hope...

Don't want to see this game abandoned.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Some time back, Eva Kiss mentioned how she sprinkles pieces of her personality across the characters she writes but that no character is a direct self-insert for her. It's typical for most writers. She addressed it several times, even during the early GGGB days when some patrons thought the Eva character was an in-game copy of the dev's real-life personality.
Holly is a more believable self-insert than Eva though, she's a female writer. Some of her lines are quite meta, feels like EvaKiss is talking to us via this character sometimes.

Reactions: Homemade

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Holly is a more believable self-insert than Eva though, she's a female writer. Some of her lines are quite meta, feels like EvaKiss is talking to us via this character sometimes.
I've noticed some "meta commentary" from Lena when she reads the Stalkfap comments, specifically about the "cuckold fetish" requests she gets when she calls it "weird". It's more of self-aware comment considering how "cuckold-heavy" both of the games are

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Holly is not a slut - for now - however a more interesting topic about Holly is that one forum member on this thread made the hypothesis that Holly was Eva Kiss' projection of herself within the universe she has created. An interesting idea, however since Eva Kiss has declined to disclose his/her gender and has revealed being a Catalunian Spanish from Barcelona, I am not too sure Eva Kiss is a woman any more. Eva Kiss writes like an American woman, but like a Spanish man. Then she would not be Holly but Ian maybe.
Holly is a big mary sue so im not surprised shes Evakiss favourite or self insert.
The perfect writer girl whos cute but humble,who has fans who love her,the awkward girl that somehow becomes a friend with the two MCs because fuck logic.

BlackIsBetter

Jul 22, 2022
I'm not saying it will; the update should be around the corner. I'm just replying to the other person saying it would take another 2 or 3 months, which would be insane wait time. Honestly, the next "weekly update" should be announcing the release of the game... I hope...

Don't want to see this game abandoned.
This game getting abandoned would be a tragedy like Demon Boy

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Holly is a big mary sue so im not surprised shes Evakiss favourite or self insert.
The perfect writer girl whos cute but humble,who has fans who love her,the awkward girl that somehow becomes a friend with the two MCs because fuck logic.
Calling Holly a Mary Sue is a major disservice to how terrible Mary Sues/Gary Stus are. Holly got cucked, couldn't pole dance perfectly on first try, doesn't have Ivy worshipping her feet, doesn't make Ian and/or Lena fall in love with her on first sight, doesn't create a perfect second book immediately after the first, etc.

Not exactly a good Mary Sue material, is she?

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes