DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
I don't think Lena is being inconsistent -- her whole reluctance with Holly comes simply from her knowing that Holly has feelings for Ian, so she wants Ian either to commit to Holly or refrain from leading her on, in order not to hurt her. Lena making out with Louise or Ivy isn't going to bother Holly who doesn't have any known feelings for either of these two.
Dunno. If hurting feelings is what she is avoiding then I don't think she would cheating with Jeremy even though she been friends with Louise for a long time and is her roommate. Same goes for Mike who she knows already has a girlfriend. It is weird that she suddenly becomes goody two shoes when it comes to Holly. I think it is fine if she resisted kissing Holly the first time if she or Holly is dating with Ian. But the second time during Holly's photoshoot? That's odd. All her past possible actions suggest she should be able to kiss Holly in that situation especially if you pursue the "Lena is spontaneous" angle when it comes to her inconsistencies.
I think she was able to kiss Holly the first time around but there was a lot of community backlash of how much of a hypocrite Lena is for her to be angry with Ian when it comes to Holly only then for her to do the same. So Eva Kiss changed it and made it not possible for Lena to kiss Holly if either is dating Ian. But I don't think she shouldn't be able to kiss Holly when they are on photoshoot, especially if Lena already has a history of cheating.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Dunno. If hurting feelings is what she is avoiding then I don't think she would cheating with Jeremy even though she been friends with Louise for a long time and is her roommate. Same goes for Mike who she knows already has a girlfriend. It is weird that she suddenly becomes goody two shoes when it comes to Holly. I think it is fine if she resisted kissing Holly the first time if she or Holly is dating with Ian. But the second time during Holly's photoshoot? That's odd. All her past possible actions suggest she should be able to kiss Holly in that situation especially if you pursue the "Lena is spontaneous" angle when it comes to her inconsistencies.
I think she was able to kiss Holly the first time around but there was a lot of community backlash of how much of a hypocrite Lena is for her to be angry with Ian when it comes to Holly only then for her to do the same. So Eva Kiss changed it and made it not possible for Lena to kiss Holly if either is dating Ian. But I don't think she shouldn't be able to kiss Holly when they are on photoshoot, especially if Lena already has a history of cheating.
In my opinion, Lena being hypocritical and/or inconsistent is a deliberate character flaw. Her making excuses for her actions just emphasizes it even more.

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
Lena is flawed. maybe seeing ian and holly together while ian is romantic towards her maybe a trigger for her . Since she has been cheated on before

kjj308

Nov 2, 2022
Me too. Hope stan will get something in this update
Me too, like run over by a bus or something...

While Lena x Stan would definitely happen, Ch. 11 is too early for that. Even if it does, they won't go all the way to 3rd base.
Yah, Stan needs a whole lot of cleaning up and getting himself into shape before he comes anywhere close to being deserving of any of the main girls in this game...

Reactions: SerHawkes

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I don't know if Eva has directly commented on this, but the explanation I've seen bandied about is that the other two people Lena could be seeing (Robert and Mike) aren't that integrated into Lena and Ian's friend groups, so official changes to Lena and Ian's relationship status wouldn't be too hard to accommodate when accounting for those characters.

Jeremy, on the other hand, is involved in both friend groups, and Eva would have to juggle a lot of storylines and character interactions going forward if she let Lena x Ian be official and Lena x Jeremy happen at the same time this early in the game.

I don't know if that's the actual reason, or if Eva just decided Lena as a character wouldn't do that to Ian if she had a fling with Jeremy (i.e., Lena's hypocritical, but wouldn't go that far).
It was from if I remember correctly, her thinking about her guilt of it and him being his friend or whatever excuse it was that she decided to to get in a formal relationship ( inner dialogue wise ).

However this part you said " Jeremy, on the other hand, is involved in both friend groups, and Eva would have to juggle a lot of storylines and character interactions going forward "
I could see that being the case however ( you mentioned down later about Lena being hypocritical which is true ) Holly technically is also intertwined in both groups to some extent and hangs out and interacts more with Ian on a possible daily base vs Jeremy as Holly does hang out a lot with both Lena and Ian. However in game wise, if Ian went on a trip with Holly and smashed her and they talk about it she get's angry and refuses to actually commit and berate him... but if they are actually in a relationship and Ian does nothing to Holly and Lena is however doing things on the side with Holly, everything is fine and dandy, my point with that is, that it can be skirted the same way it is skirted with dialogues when for example Ian asks Holly how it is going with her and Lena's friendship and if they have good times hanging out. Holly dodges it like a champ.

So I think that given that Jeremy and Ian in comparison the interactions are a lot lower and so when they do hangout all they would have to do is pretty much barely or not interact with one another during times when they are all around and it should be fine.

But yeah still not happy at the fact as Ian you smashing Holly is no go for relationship but Lena can get all up in there and be in a relationship just fine.... that is bs.

Reactions: GaRbS and Reaurt

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
It was from if I remember correctly, her thinking about her guilt of it and him being his friend or whatever excuse it was that she decided to to get in a formal relationship ( inner dialogue wise ).

However this part you said " Jeremy, on the other hand, is involved in both friend groups, and Eva would have to juggle a lot of storylines and character interactions going forward "
I could see that being the case however ( you mentioned down later about Lena being hypocritical which is true ) Holly technically is also intertwined in both groups to some extent and hangs out and interacts more with Ian on a possible daily base vs Jeremy as Holly does hang out a lot with both Lena and Ian. However in game wise, if Ian went on a trip with Holly and smashed her and they talk about it she get's angry and refuses to actually commit and berate him... but if they are actually in a relationship and Ian does nothing to Holly and Lena is however doing things on the side with Holly, everything is fine and dandy, my point with that is, that it can be skirted the same way it is skirted with dialogues when for example Ian asks Holly how it is going with her and Lena's friendship and if they have good times hanging out. Holly dodges it like a champ.

So I think that given that Jeremy and Ian in comparison the interactions are a lot lower and so when they do hangout all they would have to do is pretty much barely or not interact with one another during times when they are all around and it should be fine.

But yeah still not happy at the fact as Ian you smashing Holly is no go for relationship but Lena can get all up in there and be in a relationship just fine.... that is bs.
I think Eva just had something different in mind for Lena, Jeremy and Ian which makes the relationship between her and Ian get in the way. Maybe even saying "it's getting in the way" isn't a correct thing to say; more like it's just not the direction Eva wants to take.

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
In my opinion, Lena being hypocritical and/or inconsistent is a deliberate character flaw. Her making excuses for her actions just emphasizes it even more.
It would make sense if Lena is hypocritical on her being angry on Ian for his infidelity and then her cheating as a character flaw. But it doesn't make sense for her not to cheat with Holly during the photoshoot even if past actions suggests she would definitely do it like if she cheated before. If people's excuse on Lena's cheating is her being spontaneous and being swept by her emotions then I don't get how that doesn't happen too in the case of Holly. It's not a character flaw, it's a writing inconsistency.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: monk_56
4.60 star(s) 313 Votes