amber111

Dec 26, 2023
View attachment 3226903
1st Status Report of the Year

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you had a nice (or tolerable enough) Christmas, and I'm happy to have you sticking around here :)

After the , I've continued to work in the follow up beach house event to bring it to you as soon as possible. I'm working in several areas at the same time:
  • Planning: I'm going over different ways of structuring the events, deciding what to include and where, and what plot points need to be advanced, as well as thinking on different ways to showcase character development through particular scene and dialog. There are many interweaving threads to unravel and placing them in order and tying them together is a slow process and I end up modifying and adding scenes as I go along. That's why I found the best way not to spend a lot time planning for stuff that won't end up being useful is to progress with the writing at the same time.
  • Writing: I've also started writing the new chapter and I've completed around 3500 lines of code (which is about half of the original Chapter 1 length). However, the branches are much more dense than at the early stages, which means to portray accurately a character's thoughts and actions in all possible permutations I have to be very thorough and account for a ton of variables. This makes some apparently simple scenes really complex, and progress can be slow... Right now that and managing the growth of complexity are the main challenges, but I feel it's within my ability to keep weaving the threads. I'm trying to keep it slow but steady.
  • Art: The art is usually one of the things I tackle first, and used to draw all the scenes before starting the writing. With time, and with the game growing more complex and detailed, I've realized it's better if I develop the art as production advances. Creating the art normally means having the full scene prefigured in my mind, but now I'm taking a looser aproach to it and draw images for several scenes as they start coming together. I'm also outsourcing some illustrations, of which I only draw the character's heads, to speed up the process. So far I have drawn and comissioned around 40 illustrations, and I'm expecting to add quite some more.
  • Business stuff: The part I hate dealing with, but that needs to be done. I've been talking about a Steam release for years now, but so far I haven't found someone reliable that could provide some marketing services to do it in an optimized way and such. I need to look into it seriously, but that would mean taking some time off development and I can't leave that alone for long, otherwise I'm afraid I will lose track of everything (and the longer I take to release the more stressful things become). But I'll get around that and other management stuff at some point!
As always, I will keep you posted as I continue making progress. This is still quite a chaotic phase of the creative process, but the first bits of the game are already coming together. For this year 2024, my focus is still on this project and I hope to provide you with quality and angaging content that's up to the standards ORS has set, and hopefully even surpass them.

Thanks for your support, and I hope you stick around for another turn around the sun!
some one commented under this post on the patreon saying ' Fucking A! Great to hear some news. I'm as hyped for ORS as i am for BG3.' what is BG3 here ? a new project or something?

Reactions: Leongen43

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
some one commented under this post on the patreon saying ' Fucking A! Great to hear some news. I'm as hyped for ORS as i am for BG3.' what is BG3 here ? a new project or something?
Baldar's Gate 3 likely, the good one that is much hyped. In terms of here... Nothing comes to mind, as there is no project named such.

Reactions: tbs9090

amber111

Dec 26, 2023
What are your all's favourite sex / non - sex(IAN gets Cucked :LOL: ) scenes till now. I haven't played every outcome so would like to know if there is some good stuff i missed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Leongen43

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
What are your all's favourite sex / non - sex(IAN gets Cucked :LOL: ) scenes till now. I haven't played every outcome so would like to know if there is some good stuff i missed.
For the moment, my favourite scene is not a sex scene but a line of dialog after Lena and Ian's threesome with Louise, when loyal and vanilla Lena asks: "And... What about trying with another guy next time ?". To me this screenshot is more exciting than all the other scenes combined.

• Wow
Reactions: amber111

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
With URM would I be able to prevent Lena from sleeping with Louise and still invite her to the threesome with Ian ?
You can mod however you want but keep it in mind it will/may break your save files. I don't mod, I just check variables and path than I do playthrough based on them to get desired route.

But in short, to answer your question, Yes!

EDIT: But you've to modify variable before "invite Louise to threesome" choice.

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
You can mod however you want but keep it in mind it will/may break your save files. I don't mod, I just check variables and path than I do playthrough based on them to get desired route.

But in short, to answer your question, Yes!
Thank you so much, will try that.

amber111

Dec 26, 2023
For the moment, my favourite scene is not a sex scene but a line of dialog after Lena and Ian's threesome with Louise, when loyal and vanilla Lena asks: "And... What about trying with another guy next time ?". To me this screenshot is more exciting than all the other scenes combined.
damn bruh need to check that out

• Red Heart
Reactions: lucadiadis

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
With URM would I be able to prevent Lena from sleeping with Louise and still invite her to the threesome with Ian ?
Difficult decision indeed :unsure: :unsure:, because we didn't have the option with Holly if by that time she had already opened up enough to sex and liked Ian?:unsure::unsure:
Surely if Lena suggested the idea of a threesome with Ian, Holly would have had an orgasm, maybe she would have wet herself a little just imagining it? :unsure::love::love:

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Hey, come on. I am not a COD player.:cry: Isn't peeking, fun and thrilling? ;)
I know, it was a joke Vee because first I noticed that in his images he used jmod and now he said that he also used the game modifier, do we need an anti cheat our Red String? :unsure: :LOL:
Speaking about your question, only if Ian is a private detective or if the desperation of knowing what Ivy does when we don't see it in the game triumphs, Ivy will have sex with Wade and keeps the secret to herself and then drops a bomb on Cindy like what happened with Louise. ?:unsure::eek::LOL:

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020
Speaking about your question, only if Ian is a private detective or if the desperation of knowing what Ivy does when we don't see it in the game triumphs, Ivy will have sex with Wade and keeps the secret to herself and then drops a bomb on Cindy like what happened with Louise. ?:unsure::eek::LOL:
I can see it happening because Ivy doesn't care about relationships. She's pretty vindictive against the person she doesn't like. Yes, her methods are quirky, but the result is all that matters to her. Cindy's gonna get a dose of VenomIvy soon because of the Wildcats debacle. To seduce Wade she does need to tryhard though, that man has lost his mojo and is slowly turning into Perry 2.0.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes