camube

Jun 4, 2022
so in the post she said the artist ghost her?
fkn hell i'm addicted to ORS, this would be a set back.

Man, maybe we'll get release closer to July or something i guess

• Sad
Reactions: Xupuzulla

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Hi guys,

Sorry for the recent lack of status report updates; I've been putting it off since I can't share much yet and I struggle to come up with something that's worth sharing. As always, I've been focusing my attention and effort in developing the new chapter, prioritizing the script.

It's been a bit hard being as productive as I would've liked these past weeks (got hit by the flu, had some remodelations done in my home office, and the artists I was collaborating with decided to ghost me and run away with the money), but I've been getting things back on track.

At least the backgrounds are ready! I've been working on the art too, and now I can finish off some illustrations with the appropriate backgrounds, while I conduct a new search and tryouts for artist to help me speed up the production.

Aside from that, I can't think of much else to discuss at the moment. I wish I could tell you about this or that scene I finished writing, the challenges it presented, or share some of the images I've been completing, but of course that would spoil things. I will show you something I found while digging through my files though, and that seemed curious enough:

When I was building the first iteration of Our Red String I went through several designs, in this case I was trying out different text boxes. I also created some extra outfits for some characters that were never used (but I might use some of them in the future).

Are you interested in seeing more discarded designs and prototypes from the inception of ORS? If so, let me know and I'll make a post for my patrons; at least I get to share something with you while I keep working on Chapter 12.
"and the artists I was collaborating with decided to ghost me and run away with the money)"

And people asking why developers don't want to hire a team.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
"and the artists I was collaborating with decided to ghost me and run away with the money)"

And people asking why developers don't want to hire a team.
That's why you pay artists for the work that's done, not upfront. Not sure why EK would pay someone for nothing. First time I hear of that happening in the VN scene. Usually you'd get samples from artists you try out, then commission sets of renders or whatever art you want, and upon delivery you pay. This is weird. Plus she's got the flu, remodeling of her home office...all at once.

One would think that all of these things were enough fuel to justify status updates instead of not posting anything.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
That's why you pay artists for the work that's done, not beforehand. Not sure why EK would pay someone for nothing. First time I hear of that happening in the VN scene. Usually you'd get samples from artists you try out, then commission sets of renders or whatever art you want, and upon delivery you pay. This is weird. Plus she's got the flu, remodeling of her home office...all at once.

One would think that all of these things were enough fuel to post status updates instead of not posting anything.
We don't know the details of her working relationship with the artist so I wouldn't immediately say Eva made such a massive blunder or is lying about it.

It could be that she has been working with this artist for the past few chapters and didn't expect them to just vanish with the money previously paid. Perhaps they get paid on a monthly wage and again the artist didn't respond in all of February.

Theres too much unknown and it's not like EK said no progress was made, so it honestly doesn't matter.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Eva Kiss said:
It's been a bit hard being as productive as I would've liked these past weeks (got hit by the flu, had some remodelations done in my home office, and the artists I was collaborating with decided to ghost me and run away with the money), but I've been getting things back on track.
edf.png

vgbestly

Jul 11, 2017
REEEEE This is like Lust Campus or what ever where the artist stop a few chapters in (due to different problem than this, but still...) and main production is fucked. REEEEEEE.

Side note. Anyone have a reaction image of enraged pepe shooting a pistol in the air?

camube

Jun 4, 2022
REEEEE This is like Lust Campus or what ever where the artist stop a few chapters in (due to different problem than this, but still...) and main production is fucked. REEEEEEE.

Side note. Anyone have a reaction image of enraged pepe shooting a pistol in the air?

EK can draw though. Development cycle would be longer but she herself can draw.

Lust Campus in comparison, was a complete restart

Reactions: ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's why you pay artists for the work that's done, not upfront. Not sure why EK would pay someone for nothing. First time I hear of that happening in the VN scene.
Much like people "wouldn't pay for nothing" artists won't do work entirely for free and risk getting screwed out of payment. It's not unusual for the artist to be paid some advance, so there's some (limited) risk for both parties involved rather than have it all placed on one party. If they then decided that's enough and ran, well.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Man, that was a pretty good outfit for Lena. I wonder if that was supposed to be one of her primary outfits or if it was originally planned for a special occasion, like a trip to Vixxen.

Reactions: fatpussy123

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
All i want is CindyXJeremy, Lena can join them.
Won't happen, since nothing of them was build up during the first eleven chapters (and it would needed to be).
Also, they are incompatible. Cindy wants a boyfriend and Jeremy doesn't want a girlfriend.

--

Eva got cucked? Man, no one is safe.

Assuming of course that its true and not just one carefully casually placed line to distract that the rest of the update informs us about nothing. Is Eva not in a situation in which they could demand work first and pay later? They are not some random untracable Anon, they have a name and reputation.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Is Eva not in a situation in which they could demand work first and pay later? They are not some random untracable Anon, they have a name and reputation.
Having name and reputation makes it riskier for the artist to accept doing all work first without any payment and thus if anything increase reluctance to accept such arrangement, if they have any brains. Because it makes it easier for person with name and reputation not to pay shit, and simply shrug off claims of cheating the no-name artist out of their money. And it can take years for such abuse to catch up with them, if it does at all.

Reactions: Leongen43
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes