ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But nothing of Holly's character really points to what you described, or how I've seen some other reactions. She has always come across to me as inexperienced and lacking the confidence that comes from experiences, rather than uncomfortable with who she is or really even her appearance.
I think it's safe to say that Holly was at least shy about her appearance, and that's why she's dressing the way she is when at low change:

1711136885477.png

Granted, this is "Hollywood Homely" kind of "drab, unassuming and loose" but the game still makes it pretty obvious that Holly would rather cover herself up than draw attention to her body, or simply present it the way it is. Which isn't really what a person confident in their appearance would do.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
You know I wouldn't actually mind terribly if Holly dating Ian would produce a unique variant here and there too. Eva is probably not looking to add even more branching to her game at this point, but it would make sense if Holly being with Ian and getting some confidence in herself from being romantically successful, could have a slightly different look from non-Ian Holly with either low or high change variable, something to differentiate her in that comparison and another way to have an alt with her.
INB4 we find out the necklet chad Ian buys for Holly spells "CUMEATER". :whistle::coffee:

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
I mean, if Ian was a real Chadington Buffworth IV he'd get her a collar that said "Slut #1" or another number depending on how he'd rank his bitches.

Now I feel like I have to go wash my hands. And my keyboard.
It's understandable I guess these things happen so when "you're ready they will be too", right? :unsure: :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
Until patreons are starting to vote with their wallets instead of the continued simping/coddling in the comments this is going to persist, progress and even spiral. The excuses here about "the complexity compared to GGGB, the artstyle, the lines of code..." are also going to stay, but honestly at this point this is delusion to the point of embarrassment.

The hard truth is that EK can coast on the amount of patrons as well as the smell of her own farts (i.e. "focusing on writing"). ORS needs to either wrap up quick, 1-2 updates/years or it is going to need a complete overhaul with EK taking taking a smaller role in her own creation, writing specific dialogue and narration for otherwise predetermined (by others) scenes.
Why would they need to wrap up quick? Why would they need a complete overhaul? Why would they need to do anything you say?

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
I completely lost any fate in this game when it comes to the release dates and it seems like most people are over it. Lowkey I'm glad the jokes about "focusing on writing" still persists 4 years later.
Who is most people? Like do you have any evidence that most people are over it?

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
EK's has been steady (if not going up for recent releases) for past 3 years so i wouldn't say most people are over it, no.
I'm not talking about patreon numbers. I said most people are over expecting a good release schedule for the game.

Seriously, you white knights are so desperate to ride for someone that you can't even read.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Why would they need to wrap up quick? Why would they need a complete overhaul? Why would they need to do anything you say?
EK doenst really has to change anything,her "IM FOCUSING/STRUGGLING WITH THE WRITING" is tiring through,she literally has one excuse that she uses everytime.
Im not a patreon so i dont really care that much but...

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
Why would they need to wrap up quick? Why would they need a complete overhaul?
If the current workflow/process is not sustainable (and her apologies in the status updates seem to indicate as much) something needs to change. While this forum isn't a clear metric for user feedback/responses, I would argue simply based on views and replies as well as high chance that a lot of patrons came from this forum, it is a good indicator.

So if something needs to or should change there are limited options (with a lot of room within each options) one is to end this and start a new project hopefully with long term sustainable production pipeline a more prescient priority. The other option is to go for another overhaul, like the chapter 9 remaster, though this time focusing on issues outside of the characters/narrative and more on production. Maybe even dialing back her own standards from a 95/5 to a more reasonable 80/20 rule as far as good enough to release is concerned.

Why would they need to do anything you say?
They don't as I said, that is the problem because EK can coast on the current number of patrons who go along the slowing release schedule. In fact that is exactly my point, there is incentive to not stive for a faster, more consistent workflow since it obviously doesn't matter financially. You can see that with a lot of creators on most platforms once you hit a certain number of followers a subset of them will basically forget that they pay. Just look at the projects that haven't even given a status update in years and still have dozens and dozens of paying patrons.

Again from the standpoint of the creator this is advantageous, same money for less work. But from the position of fans it is the opposite. The reverse would be if EK would get money from patrons per release that would create the incentive to push as many releases as possible irregardless of the amount of content per update. It's economics.

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
EK doenst really has to change anything,her "IM FOCUSING/STRUGGLING WITH THE WRITING" is tiring through,she literally has one excuse that she uses everytime.
Im not a patreon so i dont really care that much but...
I mean I guess... the patrons clearly don't have a lot of problems with it. So...

Reactions: Xupuzulla

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
Some of the

I mean I guess...if you fail to understand an argument/opinion...then yes you are bound to be wrong. So...
Whatever makes you happy (I do understand the opinion, but whatever), couldn't be bothered to argue with randoms.

Mar 10, 2021
I'm actually sympathetic on the writer's block excuse.

EK's first game had one character in motion and that motion could go in a number of different ways but the drama was always focused on that one character 'becoming herself'.

This is tricky as there are loads of characters in motion and the story is much more of an ensemble piece. Given the title, I suspect that the original plan was to write about two people who have a connection and exploring the different ways that that connection can play out but I think that thread has been lost in favour of 'here are a group of hot people, some of them fuck each other' and that's a lot harder to turn into a dramatically satisfying story. It's really more of a soap opera.

If you look at where the writing is blocked and the last few updates, you can see that EK is trying to develop all of these characters and hone the narrative into a dramatically satisfying shape but not really managing the second half while really nailing the first half.

I think it's a great game and EK does amazing work but you can see where the struggle is and it's not laziness, it's a blockage born of tension from the story moving in different directions and that tension is really hard to resolve.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm not talking about patreon numbers. I said most people are over expecting a good release schedule for the game.

Seriously, you white knights are so desperate to ride for someone that you can't even read.
"Most people are over expecting prompt delivery of the game" is such bizarre/specific thing to whine about that the "it" which you actually used in your post was reasonably interpreted as referring to the game itself. Because that's generally what people mean when they talk how "someone is over it".

And seriously, personal attacks? Next time maybe stop while you're still somewhat ahead.

Reactions: yuvce and SerHawkes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
If the current workflow/process is not sustainable (and her apologies in the status updates seem to indicate as much) something needs to change.
EK's reports indicate the progress is slow, which is not surprising for the stage of the story she's currently writing, but i think "not sustainable" is only your own take on it. One that's largely fueled by simple and understandable desire of just wanting to get multiple games to play at rapid pace (instead of having to wait for one to wrap up) and little more than that.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
If you look at where the writing is blocked and the last few updates, you can see that EK is trying to develop all of these characters and hone the narrative into a dramatically satisfying shape but not really managing the second half while really nailing the first half.

I think it's a great game and EK does amazing work but you can see where the struggle is and it's not laziness, it's a blockage born of tension from the story moving in different directions and that tension is really hard to resolve.
Again that's why there need to be some radical (in the basic meaning of the word) changes. If you remember the last year (maybe half a year) of GGGB it was pretty similar. The updates already indicated that EK had issues trying to navigate the overlapping paths and variables. Therefore the ending was somewhat rushed without exploring the interesting aspects that opened up at the end of that game.

Imho this core problems persists in ORS, especially since v07 or v09 at the latest. The same way that it wasn't possible to predict what side characters would become popular in GGGB the same here. Add to that now there are two playable MC and more sidecharacters as well as overlap between possible path it is no wonder that writers block occurs.

What Xupuzulla suggested, and please correct me if I'm wrong:
...her "IM FOCUSING/STRUGGLING WITH THE WRITING" is tiring through,she literally has one excuse that she uses everytime...
is emblematic of this larger problem. At the end of the day it is EK decision, as you said "my own take on it" is that I would rather have consistent updates every three months even if that means a small dip in complexity/quality instead of two updates per year at best (because this is where they are headed).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xupuzulla
4.60 star(s) 316 Votes