lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
I gotcha.

View attachment 3465720

Chapter 12 Status Report (5)

Hi guys, I'm here with another status report on the progress of Chapter 12.

Like I've been doing during the past weeks, I'm alternating between working on the art and the writing. I'd say I have around 50% of the illustrations ready, with another 25% colored and waiting for me to give it the final pass. I also settled on a design for Holly's bikini; I was about to make a poll featuring different colors, but I found a pattern that works for what I had in mind. I think she looks both cute and sexy, relaxing at the beach:

I'm also making progress on the writing: I'm structuring the chapter across 3 in-game days, and I hope to have the first block (which contains the first two days) ready for playtesting soon.

The writing is proving to be very challenging and the process is not straight-forward at all. Each scene takes longer to write that I'd like, but the amount of nuance in character relationships and status is very large, and I want them to be represented adequately. Also, it's hard to structure events and dialogues and I find myself going back and forth scenes and changing and modifying things more often than in previous chapters.

Some of the main challenges when building the script are not imediately obvious, but deciding the scene order and how events flow into each other has become quite complex. t's crucial to coordinate the presentation of information, dialogues, and events in a balanced and functional way for all possible branches, and some are easy to miss, especially when you try to make the conversations and scenes interactive. Sometimes the simple things, like a bridge between two scenes, can become something really complex and cumbersome to craft, and with all the possible variables, writing a scene feels like weaving a tapestry made of words and sentences that have to flow and connect with each other in a coherent manner, while staying choesive with the overarching narratives too.

That said, I'm trying my best and so far I think the chapter is coming together quite nicely! I can't wait for the time you guys get to judge the result. I'll keep reporting the progress, and showing some sneak peeks soon.
a Lena/Holly scene in the beach please :love: (and ivy too because why not)

noturiah

Sep 2, 2021
My girl is looking good. I had assumed a low-change Holly would be in a one-piece, maybe a one-piece with shorts on top :p Glad to see even low-change Holly gets a bikini. Exciting to think about what Ivy will give a high-change Holly to wear! "Find a cute random surfer guy or girl - or both! - and have them take some pictures of you to send to me. I wanna make sure you're actually out in public in that g-string!"

I digress. But seriously, you can accuse me of huffing some grade-A copium if you want, but I'm actually glad Eva is noting how difficult the writing is over the three in-game days at the beach, which is quite a decent amount of time to be developing when all of them could be jam-packed with scenes, depending on your playthrough. And how she's being careful to make conversations and interactions have nuance and flow well, over quite a lot of variation in narrative so far based on branching paths. Yes, it slows down the writing and the updates. But I'd much rather Eva put in the added time and have the scenarios and dialogue be up to the quality she's been delivering pretty well overall since the start. I'm here for the sex scenes, but also here for (most of) the characters. I hope Perry will let his hair down. I hope Emma and Lena will become more than friends (with or without Ian). I hope for passionate stuff if Ian and Lena are together; I hope for just as passionate other stuff if they're not ;) But I want it to be grounded in solid characters and believable storylines based on what's come before, and Eva making it clear that's what she aims to give us will be worth it to me, even if the update drops later than we'd all like.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
My girl is looking good. I had assumed a low-change Holly would be in a one-piece, maybe a one-piece with shorts on top :p Glad to see even low-change Holly gets a bikini.
Genuinely curious why you, and others, thought a low change Holly would be dressing up like she's a lifeguard on duty? Is it simply for the added contrast of the bikini cut a high change Holly would wear? Holly lacks confidence in herself, but I don't think she has ever expressed a concerning lack of confidence to the point that sort of swimwear would come into play. We can see from the club scenes that even a low change Holly wears sexy dresses, they're just not out and out slutty dresses like Ivy or Lena can wear.

In my experiences even fairly religious / conservative women wear bikinis to pools and beaches unless they have concerns about their weight, or something to hide. For example I had a friend through middle and high school who was the daughter of a pastor, she herself was very relgious and believed strongly in no sex until marriage; even she and her church friends wore bikinis except one, and that was only because she had a tattoo along her hip that would have been impossible to hide in anything but a one piece.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
Apparently I was right about updates every half a year
I completely lost any fate in this game when it comes to the release dates and it seems like most people are over it. Lowkey I'm glad the jokes about "focusing on writing" still persists 4 years later.
Until patreons are starting to vote with their wallets instead of the continued simping/coddling in the comments this is going to persist, progress and even spiral. The excuses here about "the complexity compared to GGGB, the artstyle, the lines of code..." are also going to stay, but honestly at this point this is delusion to the point of embarrassment.

The hard truth is that EK can coast on the amount of patrons as well as the smell of her own farts (i.e. "focusing on writing"). ORS needs to either wrap up quick, 1-2 updates/years or it is going to need a complete overhaul with EK taking taking a smaller role in her own creation, writing specific dialogue and narration for otherwise predetermined (by others) scenes.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
In my experiences even fairly religious / conservative women wear bikinis to pools and beaches unless they have concerns about their weight, or something to hide.
Low change Holly potentially wouldn't attend gym sessions with Lena and Ivy, so she'd be relatively chubby and yes, possibly concerned with her appearance when next to Lena. That said, i don't think this is just a matter of concerns over appearance or having things to hide. Not everyone is comfortable with the amount of skin exposed when wearing a bikini and it has little to do with religion or political views. Also, wearing one piece swimsuits can simply be due to preference and actually liking the way they look.

varpep

Feb 22, 2020
Does anyone know the conditions for Lena to be able to join in on the fun between Holly and Ivy in chapter 8?

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Low change Holly potentially wouldn't attend gym sessions with Lena and Ivy, so she'd be relatively chubby and yes, possibly concerned with her appearance when next to Lena. That said, i don't think this is just a matter of concerns over appearance or having things to hide. Not everyone is comfortable with the amount of skin exposed when wearing a bikini and it has little to do with religion or political views. Also, wearing one piece swimsuits can simply be due to preference and actually liking the way they look.
It's just an image of Holly from the route probably where Lena/Ivy don't have that much influence over her and she probably has a relationship with Ian but without much corruption, I would like to see other images of her but very sexy where Ivy/Lena has corrupted her, wearing a micro bikini maybe? :unsure: :love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Krysis_here

Apr 19, 2023
If Holly is in the Marcel/Robert/Mark/Clark path she should be wearing something more risky for sure:whistle:
Let's keep Potato Head Robert Aside for Sometime :BootyTime: (y) **Bonk** **Bonk**
Now in the case of Marcel/Mark/Clark dress could be more revealing, Right? Or Why to wear even clothes She can go Free Dragon :)

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Holly the mother of black dragons:BootyTime:
It will be interesting if we could have a change of look for Holly so she can compete better with the other ORS bitches, the sex scenes with Ian will be hotter and maybe on a bbc route for Holly too, right? :unsure: everyone is going to love the nerd :KEK:

noturiah

Sep 2, 2021
Genuinely curious why you, and others, thought a low change Holly would be dressing up like she's a lifeguard on duty? Is it simply for the added contrast of the bikini cut a high change Holly would wear? Holly lacks confidence in herself, but I don't think she has ever expressed a concerning lack of confidence to the point that sort of swimwear would come into play. We can see from the club scenes that even a low change Holly wears sexy dresses, they're just not out and out slutty dresses like Ivy or Lena can wear.
Partly yes, I think it would be interesting from a branching angle to have any character with low to high change variables wear clothes which reflect the variation in personality. We already have seen it with Holly and her hairstyle/clothes over the past few chapters, so it seemed reasonable to me to think different bathing suits might also stem from that.

And partly my thought was, we've seen Holly be hesitant to work out at the gym - and even when she does, wear gym clothes which cover up most of her body at the start and with low change. I would guess that a beach situation would be similar. In both situations most people tend to wear less clothing and lighter fabrics, but someone who is body-conscious (for whatever reason) may well choose to wear more clothes, or heavier clothes, or simply cover up more of their body.

So yeah, I was trying to think about it both from Holly's potential POV, as well as the idea that Eva might want to continue having different visual options for different branches.

Reactions: ffive

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I don't disagree with what you said, and there are a multitude of reasons for wearing a one piece suit, I was just using a relatable example from my experiences. But nothing of Holly's character really points to what you described, or how I've seen some other reactions. She has always come across to me as inexperienced and lacking the confidence that comes from experiences, rather than uncomfortable with who she is or really even her appearance.

Yes, she is growing bolder as her friendship with Lena and Ivy grows, but that's to be expected from any friendship.

The suit shown in the preview actually lines up really well with Lena's default option when going shopping, before the player can decide on the charisma black, or the lust white suits.

Reactions: GokutheG

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
So yeah, I was trying to think about it both from Holly's potential POV, as well as the idea that Eva might want to continue having different visual options for different branches.
You know I wouldn't actually mind terribly if Holly dating Ian would produce a unique variant here and there too. Eva is probably not looking to add even more branching to her game at this point, but it would make sense if Holly being with Ian and getting some confidence in herself from being romantically successful, could have a slightly different look from non-Ian Holly with either low or high change variable, something to differentiate her in that comparison and another way to have an alt with her. If she gets with neither Ian or Lena and isn't encouraged to change she would remain as she is from game's start.
And partly my thought was, we've seen Holly be hesitant to work out at the gym - and even when she does, wear gym clothes which cover up most of her body at the start and with low change. I would guess that a beach situation would be similar. In both situations most people tend to wear less clothing and lighter fabrics, but someone who is body-conscious (for whatever reason) may well choose to wear more clothes, or heavier clothes, or simply cover up more of their body.
I've known some body-conscious women who wore two-piece swimsuits, not because they found it more or less comfortable personally, but because it was rather the least conspicuous option. It makes sense in a way, in a sea of bikini-clad women you'd stand out being one of the few in a one-piece, or at least that's a reasoning one could realistically conjure up even if it's not actually true.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes