metagrossrj

Jun 2, 2023
I gotcha.

View attachment 3465720

Chapter 12 Status Report (5)

Hi guys, I'm here with another status report on the progress of Chapter 12.

Like I've been doing during the past weeks, I'm alternating between working on the art and the writing. I'd say I have around 50% of the illustrations ready, with another 25% colored and waiting for me to give it the final pass. I also settled on a design for Holly's bikini; I was about to make a poll featuring different colors, but I found a pattern that works for what I had in mind. I think she looks both cute and sexy, relaxing at the beach:

I'm also making progress on the writing: I'm structuring the chapter across 3 in-game days, and I hope to have the first block (which contains the first two days) ready for playtesting soon.

The writing is proving to be very challenging and the process is not straight-forward at all. Each scene takes longer to write that I'd like, but the amount of nuance in character relationships and status is very large, and I want them to be represented adequately. Also, it's hard to structure events and dialogues and I find myself going back and forth scenes and changing and modifying things more often than in previous chapters.

Some of the main challenges when building the script are not imediately obvious, but deciding the scene order and how events flow into each other has become quite complex. t's crucial to coordinate the presentation of information, dialogues, and events in a balanced and functional way for all possible branches, and some are easy to miss, especially when you try to make the conversations and scenes interactive. Sometimes the simple things, like a bridge between two scenes, can become something really complex and cumbersome to craft, and with all the possible variables, writing a scene feels like weaving a tapestry made of words and sentences that have to flow and connect with each other in a coherent manner, while staying choesive with the overarching narratives too.

That said, I'm trying my best and so far I think the chapter is coming together quite nicely! I can't wait for the time you guys get to judge the result. I'll keep reporting the progress, and showing some sneak peeks soon.

50%?? At this rate we can expect an update in June.

Reactions: sullilepu

BigOlP

Dec 13, 2018
At the start, it's fairly quick. But with two characters paths and all the interactions, the amount of work increases exponentially. I would never do this sort of visual novel. Just keeping track of all the interactions and the different possible paths is insane. Eva should have stuck with just the ONE character. I dislike the two.
Yeah the ambition of having two characters' stories running alongside each other and intersecting is really being felt now. Chapters are taking a long time, some characters (such as Ed) feel squeezed out of the scope of the game, and tbh the last update felt like it only moved things forward an inch.

I'm certain this will be one of the GOATs when it's done, but it's gonna be a long crawl from this point to the finish line.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Ahem, well, that's a spank me pose if I ever saw one. :devilish:
Eva is really going in on these beach poses. Doesn't look very comfortable to arch your ass half a meter into the air for reading while lying down, but I've never been that much of a beach-goer so what to I know, maybe she dug little holes for her knees to slot into beneath her towel.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
but I've never been that much of a beach-goer so what to I know, maybe she dug little holes for her knees to slot into beneath her towel.
The sand is loose enough just pressing down with her knees would make it give way, she's gonna be fine.

I'm more interested to note Holly is apparently into dragons. Someone should point her to Ravager or other high quality entertainment. :whistle::coffee:

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
ffive is a big fan of Donkey from Shrek.
Maybe it's an erotic story that Holly is reading, wait!!, she likes sex bestiality or maybe she's imagining that the dragon is Marcel and she is the protagonist of the story?:unsure: :KEK: :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Also, since this image is holly_beach1, besides her bikini changing and putting her hair down for high holly_change it'd be interesting if she was reading something else. Ivy could have given her something trashy, or perhaps she'd just be reading something mildly tasteful such as "how to become a size-queen" or "muff-diving for beginners"

Reactions: noturiah and ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Also, since this image is holly_beach1, besides her bikini changing and putting her hair down for high holly_change it'd be interesting if she was reading something else. Ivy could have given her something trashy, or perhaps she'd just be reading something mildly tasteful such as "how to become a size-queen" or "muff-diving for beginners"
Yup, i think this is a low change Holly in the picture (mostly because she's wearing her original glasses instead of high change ones) so a different book for high change Holly is something that's quite likely.

Krysis_here

Apr 19, 2023
Yup, i think this is a low change Holly in the picture (mostly because she's wearing her original glasses instead of high change ones) so a different book for high change Holly is something that's quite likely.
But there is a High chance if Holly reads too much Dragon books She might get in the Dragon world and Where She might start imagining herself as a Dragon, Right? :unsure: :KEK::KEK:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But there is a High chance if Holly reads too much Dragon books She might get in the Dragon world and Where She might start imagining herself as a Dragon, Right? :unsure: :KEK::KEK:

Well, now i'm picturing Holly cosplaying this and urging her Hero to "come slay this dragon". Lena dressing up as slutty bunny has nothing on her. :whistle:

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes